Author Topic: 82 stock rear bumper?  (Read 1328 times)

tom p

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Oct '07
    • View Profile
82 stock rear bumper?
« on: Mar 16, 2009, 06:55:24 AM »
Does anyone know if an 82 pickup even come with a rear bumper? I got pulled over yesterday and got a $149 ticket for no rear bumper on my truck but i dont think the thing ever came with one in that year but im not sure. the worst part is that its considered a moving violation in florida and they want to slap 4 points on my licence! I need to prove the truck never came with one and fight it in court. any suggestions?

83MT

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -23
  • Member since Jun '08
    • View Profile
Re: 82 stock rear bumper?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 16, 2009, 06:58:59 AM »
There are some states in which the trucks came without a bumper, sometimes (cali comes to mind but they tend to be more strict on things so I don't know). This is stuff I've heard, I don't know, but I heard if it came without a bumber, somewhere that it was ok (legal), then it's ok, kind of grandfathered in or whatever. Otherwise you've got to have a bumper. I'm sure the laws vary from state to state and if they tell you that you need one...But yes, '82s definitely came with bumpers.
Zach
I like Yotatech

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #2 on: Mar 16, 2009, 08:56:20 AM »
i have one if you need it but DANG shipping would hurt

i believe they were shipped without the rear bumper and the dealer put the bumpers on there.   did you just move to Florida??
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

Sleeve of Wizzard

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -1
  • Male Posts: 293
  • Member since Feb '09
  • It's craptaculer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Mar 16, 2009, 09:44:51 AM »
Heres the stock appearance of my truck. I have pulled it off and not had any complaints here in California.

tom p [OP]

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Oct '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Mar 16, 2009, 10:38:58 AM »
So they came with bumpers. i guess i dont really have any thing to hold up in court to fight the ticket. im just pissed that they're puttin points on my licence. I got the truck in CO when i lived there last year, moved back to FL, and never had any problems. i've been pulled over for other stuff and never had a cop mention the bumper. I recently got a warning for no tag light, but i dont think there is one to begin with or is that another stock item the previous owner removed? The funny thing is the cop didnt notice my tail light out when he pulled me over, which is what i though i got stopped for. I guess it was too obvious.  I guess its finaly time to park the thing and start my florida born and colorado bound krawler for when i move back in a year and a half. Ill have to start a thread in build up section. Been reading this forum for years, time to move up from "dusty trails" status.

Sleeve of Wizzard

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -1
  • Male Posts: 293
  • Member since Feb '09
  • It's craptaculer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Mar 16, 2009, 10:47:48 AM »
 :therethere: I'm pretty sure they did come with the bumpers stock but doo a little more research there may be something to the whole bumper as an option thing. and just go to court on the ticket and fight it. Tell the judge that your truck didn't come with one. ? it's worth a try to keep your record clean.