Author Topic: Some new Pics With the start of the exo  (Read 3444 times)

muddinyota

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -8
  • Male Posts: 43
  • Member since Aug '04
  • flexing what is that?
    • View Profile
Some new Pics With the start of the exo
« on: Sep 20, 2004, 07:03:19 PM »
sorry for being so dark but when i get home its not to light out
87 4runner body,85 4runner frame,5in suspenion,3in body, 2in shackle,locked in front and rear,4.7 single case and a 4link with coil rear, bobbed 16in,hardtop and an exo cage.

Hyena

• I'm Legit!!!
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2401
  • Male Posts: 6,715
  • Member since Feb '04
  • AKA Baja Brad
    • View Profile
Re: Some new Pics With the start of the exo
« Reply #1 on: Sep 20, 2004, 08:23:50 PM »
Thats looking great.  You want to make my exo and flatbed cages for me?  hehehe

muddinyota [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Aug '04
  • flexing what is that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sep 21, 2004, 09:16:24 PM »
sure bring it over to ny and i will help you, we can have a few :beer: and have a great time
87 4runner body,85 4runner frame,5in suspenion,3in body, 2in shackle,locked in front and rear,4.7 single case and a 4link with coil rear, bobbed 16in,hardtop and an exo cage.

muddinyota [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Aug '04
  • flexing what is that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sep 21, 2004, 09:48:53 PM »
Well Sunday we went wheeling and well, i broke just everything in the steering department. 1st you see i only have 33's and i tried to :driving: climb a very big rock face and almost made till :smack: we noticed that a very good friend of ours tore it up with his 44's and yup i hit that hole and the rock that was in front of that hole took my center link and nicely placed it ontop of my front diff. :rivers: so i made it back to the house bent the center link back,broke the steering stabilizer at the shaft.  :flamer: last night i made a new center link and used himes (3/4") for tierod ends. got that all done and yota yota (anthony good friend of mine ) just happened to notice that my drag link was split and about ready to fall off so now since im low on cash im making a budget high steer,started tonight and i hope to have it done this weekend. here are some pics and i will post more as i go along. :help: anyone with more input on this project please let me know thanks.

muddinyota [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Aug '04
  • flexing what is that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sep 21, 2004, 09:51:55 PM »
more pics    had to put the last 2 pics :hahaha: my other toy with boggers  :yupyup:

Jared

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 170
  • Member since Dec '03
  • Rolled baby.... IN front of my house....
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sep 21, 2004, 10:10:41 PM »
hey man i hate to break it to you but i think you put that steering arm on the wrong side of the axle. 
ah the beauty of a cuttin torch

muddinyota [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Aug '04
  • flexing what is that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sep 21, 2004, 10:23:43 PM »
nope im makeing my own high steer  putting one on the other side tomarrow and moving the center link to the top (over the springs) then going to figure out how to go from the box to the right side as well. i kinda have it figured out but its hard to explain,and add to the fact that im very tired ...., but thanks for noticing cuz if i didnt know that, i would have been screwed.

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Turtle Points: 2159
  • Male Posts: 18,292
  • Member since Apr '02
  • 511:1 Club
    • View Profile
    • Bone-Stock Plane-Jane 1981 Shortbed Pickup
« Reply #7 on: Sep 21, 2004, 10:34:17 PM »
So are you going to exo-cover your front fenders?
Check out our new Rock Crawling Videos!
2016 56-speed 580:1 Tacoma Rock Crawler   
1981 36-speed 511:1 3RZ-FE Rock Crawler
1987 6-speed Supercharged 4A-GZE MR2
Instagram: @SlowestTacoma
Things are only impossible until they are not.
"The worst of both worlds, the best of neither." -abnormaltoy
"An informed question. But difficult to answer. I am what you see." -Nanaki

DAWGTOY

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 460
  • Male Posts: 212
  • Member since Jul '04
  • aint too old & broke up to sit down yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sep 23, 2004, 08:52:20 AM »
what i noticed was no nyloc nut no lockwasher no flatwashers eather and the bolt was in from the bottom. in that configuration if the nut came off the bolt will fall out. also put flatwashers on the top and bottom along with locks or nylocks. that way if the center came out of the hime joint the bolt wont come thru the hole and u could still get back home.if the flats hit the hime at full flex make a small spacer to go on each side. :bolt:
1983 TOY SHORT PICKUP .35/12.50S EXO CAGE HOMEMADE BED CAMO PAINT, REARS UP FRONT CHEVYS IN THE REAR, 4 WHEEL DISK, CABLE LOCKER REAR, LOCK RITE FRONT, 5.29GEARS FRONT & REAR.BOBBY LONG 30 SPLINES 9500 lb WARN WINCH. DUAL
T CASES WITH 4.7 IN THE REAR. THANKS MARLIN

muddinyota [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Aug '04
  • flexing what is that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Sep 26, 2004, 10:18:34 PM »
So are you going to exo-cover your front fenders?
yes,but the ? is when lol, just havent had time to finish it.but i will get it done soon i hope.

muddinyota [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Aug '04
  • flexing what is that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Oct 08, 2004, 06:25:22 PM »
well i got my high steer all done and we went to paragon this past weekend and it worked great no problems at all i will have new pics this weekend of the high steer.but for now i got some more pics of the truck in the day time.

muddinyota [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Aug '04
  • flexing what is that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Oct 08, 2004, 06:26:32 PM »
more

Hyena

• I'm Legit!!!
  • Turtle Points: 2401
  • Male Posts: 6,715
  • Member since Feb '04
  • AKA Baja Brad
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Nov 13, 2004, 11:08:13 AM »
It's looking good.

89 toy

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -1198
  • Male Posts: 383
  • Member since Dec '03
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Nov 13, 2004, 05:53:21 PM »
what coils are you runing in the rear.im going to 4 link the front of my 84.and those look like they will give me the lift i want.how well does it flex with those coils
89 ext cab sas with diamond +4 1/2" housing 30 spline longs and hub gears, hp elocker, six studs, arp studs in everything, taco rear with elocker. swaped out 22re for 3.4l supercharged, urd 2.0" pulley, urd fuel management, downey headers, flowmaster, cold air intake, marlin clutch that is straining to hold up

84runner

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 99
  • Member since Dec '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Nov 18, 2004, 08:30:36 AM »
where did you place you fuel tank ?
RUBICON TESTED BIG BALLS APPROVED

muddinyota [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Aug '04
  • flexing what is that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Dec 08, 2004, 10:00:14 PM »
what coils are you runing in the rear.im going to 4 link the front of my 84.and those look like they will give me the lift i want.how well does it flex with those coils
I got the springs from rubicon express they are 8" lift coils for a TJ i was supposed to get rears for a TJ but ordered the wrong ones but since this winter its getting a 4 link up front i will order the right ones for the rear and move the ones i have to the front. keep me posted on your 4 link i would really like to know how it turns out. i will post pics of mine when i start it.later

muddinyota [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Aug '04
  • flexing what is that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Dec 08, 2004, 10:10:00 PM »
where did you place you fuel tank ?
i got a 15 gallon fuel cell in the back of the truck behind the rear seats

muddinyota [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Aug '04
  • flexing what is that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Dec 08, 2004, 10:19:24 PM »
they flex good but they are ment for the front due to the weight up front they would flex alot better but you can see the pics on the off topic forum on page 7 i think it says OH MY FAWKING GOD PICS OF MUDDINYOTAS TRUCK you will find it. later