Author Topic: need first gen pictures and info  (Read 1718 times)

cgbemis

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 560
  • Male Posts: 568
  • Member since May '02
  • I love Marlin Crawler!
    • View Profile
need first gen pictures and info
« on: Jan 31, 2009, 08:04:15 PM »
I am looking to finish off my 82 project, and I need some help. I need to know if someone can get me a picture of their dash. I am missing parts, and need to know what to ask yards for. Second, the truck was originally blue, but has rusted away prietty good over the years. Is there a color blue spray paint that matches the factory blue of the first gens? It doesn't have to be spot on, but close enough. Thanks for any help you can give.

Cullen

kneedownnate

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
Re: need first gen pictures and info
« Reply #1 on: Jan 31, 2009, 08:37:33 PM »
I can't remember exactly who, but I'm pretty sure duplicolor makes some good vinyl/plastic spray dye.  I've used it on interior parts before, you just need to make sure the parts are very clean and completely dry before you treat them  :thumbs:
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

krawler79

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 112
  • Male Posts: 28
  • Member since Jan '09
  • Gotta Love Farmington!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Feb 02, 2009, 05:04:35 PM »
Here you go. Here are a couple of my 79. I don't Know if it's the same as yor 82 but good luck.  :thumbs:

How can I get more flex? That is the question.

zembalayan

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 254
  • Male Posts: 486
  • Member since Feb '08
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Feb 03, 2009, 05:10:17 AM »
Here are some pics of the dash in my 1980.  Every dash part is original EXCEPT for the lower dash piece with the A/C and heater vents (as well as the aftermarket A/C's green push button switch).   

I just got the lower dash piece with vents from Jeff at Toy Connection (750 Comstock St., Santa Clara, CA 95054, (408) 988-4040) (see first pic).  I am sure that he can find any of the parts that you are looking for.  In my case, I wanted the A/C dash part in beige to match the original interior color.  Jeff used some vinyl dye on the part he had in stock, and as you can see, he got it to match pretty damn well. 

I will be getting another dash piece from him soon.  As you can see, I need the lower dash piece with the ammeter and oil presure guages, which fits below my "new" center vent piece.  And, I also would like to find a pair of in tact defroster vents to replace my busted ones shown in the last pic. 

Also check out Green Truck's customized dash work for 1st Gens on pirate:

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=713338

Hope this helps.

cgbemis [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since May '02
  • I love Marlin Crawler!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Feb 03, 2009, 09:27:15 AM »
These pictures are what I'm looking for. I'll see about calling up that shop. Thanks for the help guys.

Also, if anyone knows of someone parting out a first gen, let me know. Thanks again.

speedemon

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 13
  • Male Posts: 267
  • Member since Nov '05
  • When's winter?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Feb 03, 2009, 06:23:08 PM »
I have a mostly complete blue dash with dash pad in good condition.  Let me dig through the garage and see what all pieces I have.  Trade for for your IFS box :D
2002 Tacoma sold
'84 pickup SOLD!!
'83 pickup will rise again
'86 sas runner DD
'89 runner project (for sale)
F-Toy build in progress

llamas

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 142
  • Member since Sep '08
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Feb 03, 2009, 06:42:54 PM »
Here are some pics of the dash in my 1980.  Every dash part is original EXCEPT for the lower dash piece with the A/C and heater vents (as well as the aftermarket A/C's green push button switch).   

I just got the lower dash piece with vents from Jeff at Toy Connection (750 Comstock St., Santa Clara, CA 95054, (408) 988-4040) (see first pic).  I am sure that he can find any of the parts that you are looking for.  In my case, I wanted the A/C dash part in beige to match the original interior color.  Jeff used some vinyl dye on the part he had in stock, and as you can see, he got it to match pretty damn well. 

I will be getting another dash piece from him soon.  As you can see, I need the lower dash piece with the ammeter and oil presure guages, which fits below my "new" center vent piece.  And, I also would like to find a pair of in tact defroster vents to replace my busted ones shown in the last pic. 

Also check out Green Truck's customized dash work for 1st Gens on pirate:

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=713338

Hope this helps.

You rebuilding it to stock...? if so ..good job
don whitman

cgbemis [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since May '02
  • I love Marlin Crawler!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Feb 03, 2009, 07:14:06 PM »
I have a mostly complete blue dash with dash pad in good condition.  Let me dig through the garage and see what all pieces I have.  Trade for for your IFS box :D

Sorry I haven't updated that thread in a while. I no longer have the IFS Box for sale. But I would be willing to make some sort of a deal. Let me know.