Author Topic: So Who all is in San Diego....  (Read 3673 times)

toyotaboy

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 238
  • Member since Sep '02
    • View Profile
So Who all is in San Diego....
« on: Sep 10, 2004, 02:00:36 PM »
Im gong to be moving there at the end of this school year... anyone know of ANYWHERE to wheel down there? Havent heard of anything as far as 4wheelin i know that pre-runners are big down there but what about the rocks? So maybe if someone has some info on places to go and some nice people to wheel with?
rest in peace Effay

01 taco needs, duals, front axle, linked rear, exo...

85 extra cab/cab for sale with efi harness. no drivetrain, will sell, make offer

iNfErNaL

• El Presidente
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 109
  • Male Posts: 7,509
  • Member since Aug '04
    • View Profile
Re: So Who all is in San Diego....
« Reply #1 on: Sep 10, 2004, 02:49:54 PM »
Yeah pre-runners are in abundance down there,but there's a lot of trail rigs too.Los Coyotes is one of the more known spots(at least that I know of) down there,Wraith is pretty familiar with the place,might want to hit him up.But there's a few other spots,and you'll be real close to Baja too,I've done some wheelin' down there(and a lot of partying)........Tierra Del Sol is a well known club in San Diego,and they put up one of the biggest events in So Cal.The run takes place on the first weekend of March,and it's usually around 1500 vehicles.I'm about 120 miles north of SD,but when you move down there,let us know because there's a few places to wheel over here too,and I'm close to Wraith and HydesertMutant,and LA Fred.
WWW.GLOBALOFFROADSUPPLY.COM

Support Your Local Brawlers
 www.RockBrawlers.com 

www.offroadtruckshow.com

toyotaboy [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Sep '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sep 10, 2004, 04:08:13 PM »
sweet ill definently hit you up on that... ill be going to LA regularly cause I used to live in Torrance, my sis is living up there and my grandparents n such...
rest in peace Effay

85 extra cab/cab for sale with efi harness. no drivetrain, will sell, make offer

robinhood4x4

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -180
  • Member since Jun '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sep 10, 2004, 05:27:34 PM »
Look up anza borrego, big bear, gorman off road park, miller jeep trail.  Also, I think the hammers are sort of close.

Plus, there's always mexico!
Quote from: cruzila
Well, if the ideal of excluding the lesser equipped (stock or otherwise) is accepted... there is no fundamental difference between that and a Sierra CLub ideal of exclusion. If we cannot embrace the 4wheel users as a whole. We are not fighting for access. I cannot be that shortsighted

Wraith

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -37
  • Member since Aug '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sep 10, 2004, 08:10:51 PM »
Yeah Los Coyotes is down there but as of this past tuesday it's closed for "remodeling" which sounds like it won't include off roading when it reopens, they plan on catering to hikers, horse riders, campers but no wheelin allowed. There's nothing to speak of down real close to San Diego but within a 2 hour drive or so you have truck haven, ocotillo wells, Big Bear, Gorman, Miller jeep trail and the hammers although if you're not set up for hard core trails the hammers are not the place to go. We need to try and get a run to Big Bear happening sometime soon.
"Why yes I am an extremist, thank you for noticing" Ted Nugent
"There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" Einstein

iNfErNaL

• El Presidente
  • Member since Aug '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sep 11, 2004, 02:06:53 AM »
Yup yup....I got my Jeep back from my buddie that did my axles,I got a high pinion Dana 60 front and a corporate 14 bolt rear,and brand new tires and wheels...Since I've been a bum for the last three months or so,and haven't worked or even looked for a job,I just went broke,and spent the money that I had for gears and lockers for my new axles.(3.73 front & 3.53 posi rear),but was gonna go 5.13s with Detroits f&r.And I also just sold my trailer.I drove it on Sunday,with the 3.53s and it was doing okay untill my passenger side bearing seased....So now I'm trying to get the wifey to spot me the dough for gears and lockers,and beadlocks(Can't use my beadlocks,different lug pattern).......Know of anyone who is hireing???......Anyway,we've got to get together and run the hammers,or Big Bear,or something...SOON...There's like 6 or 7 of us on this board that are close by now. :beerchug:.

www.RockBrawlers.com 

www.offroadtruckshow.com

iNfErNaL

• El Presidente
  • Member since Aug '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sep 11, 2004, 02:12:46 AM »
toyotaboy,where do you live now?.

www.RockBrawlers.com 

www.offroadtruckshow.com

toyotaboy [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Sep '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sep 11, 2004, 12:27:03 PM »
right now im living up in Atascadero.. about ten minutes from Cal Poly in San Luis Obispo.. ive been meening to get a trip down to the hammers for the past year... think im finally going to get down there this winter :beerchug: im all game for hard trials... in my opinion its more fun to get stuck and stuff than just cruz through a trail...

specs on my truck:

90 extra cab on an 85 shortbed frame
detroits frt and bck
4:88s
marlin Duels
hy-steer
35's want to go bigger but if im living in SD i dont want to deal with traffic on 39's :)
all-poo cromolly inners
profields sitting on my shelf.. too scared to put them in plus i havent broken a stock yet :smack:
all poo 5"ers in the rear
skyjacker 3" rears in front with 1.75" shackle
and a really loud radio to drown out the noises :driving:
rest in peace Effay

Wraith

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Aug '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sep 11, 2004, 03:29:30 PM »
How do you like the detroit in the front? I have one I need to swap into the front of my runner but I keep getting differing opinions about doing that. Some say it's fine, others say if an inner brekas it could grenade the r&p? I don't know what to think  :headscratch:
When you get down this way we'll have to go wheel somewhere  :driving:

toyotaboy [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Sep '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Sep 11, 2004, 04:44:30 PM »
I love my detroit... it stays locked so what more could ya ask :thumbs: heres the thing.... if you have beefed up birfs theoretically the next thing to break is your stock inners right? well when an inner breaks it has the potential to blow up your detroit... wont hurt your RnP... I have never had any issues with it and im running 35's with stock birfs. guess it mostly got to do with the type of wheeler you are... if your just a striat up pedal to the metal type of guy its more likely your gonna break an inner so theres a higher risk of ruining your detroit... I dont know what to tell you besides its always been good to me and i dont have anything bad to say about it from personall experience.. wheelin for sure... lets say 10 months from now? :beerchug:
rest in peace Effay

Wraith

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Aug '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sep 11, 2004, 07:46:47 PM »
I'm running stock birfs and inners on 37's right now but I only have a true trac limited slip in the front, does ok but I want a locker in the front. I've got a detroit in my 91 p/u that I was planning on putting in the front of my runner but I just got back from going shooting and it worked so well I'm going to leave it in my p/u and just get an aussie or something for the front. Your rig looks and sounds like it will handle the hammers just fine, we shal see... 10 months, ok I have that in my calendar, I'm holding you to it  :eyebrow: hopefully Los Coyotes will be open by then.

toyotaboy [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Sep '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sep 11, 2004, 08:21:34 PM »
yea it will make it...well make it make it if it doesnt want to :biggthumpup: tha gives me 10 months to get this POS body lift out and tub the cab to fit over the frame so i can lower my Center of gravity a bit :flamer:
rest in peace Effay

4DEES

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 28
  • Male Posts: 1,403
  • Member since Jul '04
  • THROW SOME DEES ON THAT B1TCH!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sep 13, 2004, 02:53:38 PM »
you guys wanna talk about big tires running stock birffs? I'm rollin' on 40 inch boggers :gap: but then again, I'm open in the front. by the way, I'm also in so-cal(I'm infernal jeep's bro)we all gotta get a wheelin' trip going soon.
***ROCK BRAWLERS~Southern Cali***
 www.rockbrawlers.com 

'85 Toy, 42's and a body lift!

ROCK IT TILL THE WHEELS FALL OFF!!

Wraith

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Aug '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sep 13, 2004, 07:33:05 PM »