Author Topic: Tahoe DEIS Letter Generator is UP!!! save snow wheelin dec 26th is the cutoff  (Read 5049 times)

Blingn

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 155
  • Male Posts: 2,356
  • Member since May '06
    • View Profile

Blingn [OP]

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since May '06
    • View Profile

Blingn [OP]

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since May '06
    • View Profile
I am doing mine right now!!!

KYOTA

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1759
  • Member since Jan '04
  • Wreckin Ball '09
    • View Profile

Blingn [OP]

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since May '06
    • View Profile
Hey Kyota when you hit the preview and send did your screen go blank on pirate?

KYOTA

• Turtle Points: 1759
  • Member since Jan '04
  • Wreckin Ball '09
    • View Profile
no problems here

Your Letter Has Been Sent!
Thank you for taking the time to complete your letter. Your participation is critical to our mission of perserving recreational access to public and private lands.

Duffil

• *lurker*
  • Turtle Points: 138
  • Male Posts: 4,844
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • PhotoBucket
    • Buy me a beer

speedy

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since May '02
  • I love Marlin Crawler!
    • View Profile
Ok guys maybe this will help

Were making a push to get this done we only have until the Dec 26th

Blingn has posted the link to the letter generator -----  "thanks Blingn"

Bebe included the email address

Bebe from pirate posted these up to try and make it easier

We need more support for the Greenhorn area but we'll take anything we can get

>4 Days left for Tahoe...need a Sh!tstorm for Greenhorn
This is it, either Greenhorn makes it into this process or not. We need to overwhelm them with letters these last few days.

If it does not make it into this process, we will have to start all over again in negotiations with the Forest Service. It could take YEARS to get it back.

So, I am making it even easier then the letter generator:

Click here: tnf_rte_desig@fs.fed.us

Send one of these pre-made Letters:

Quote:

Tahoe National Forest
Route Designation Comments
Draft Environmental Impact Statement

Dear Forest Supervisor Tom Quinn
My name is XXXXXXX and I am a member of the XXXXX Club. I would like to ask that a portion of the Greenhorn OHV area be added to your DEIS, and I would also ask that you reconsider the 'wet conditions' closures that are being proposed for the rest of Greenhorn.
The portion of Greenhorn that is not on the map is from the Buckeye entrance heading north through the canyon. This is one of my regular trips throughout the year, I like to take friends and family here during all seasons. It's a safe and fairly contained area where I can take people that don't like to go for a long camping trip and I'll usually take newcomers to the sport here for anywhere between a day run to an overnight camping trip.
Greenhorn during the winter makes an ideal area for me personally because I can take people there for the day, it's a close and popular spot where we can go for a fun and safe snow trip.

Sincerely,
Name
Address
City, State, Zip
Phone
Email

Quote:
Tahoe National Forest

Dear Forest Supervisor Tom Quinn,
I am a long time 4 wheeler and have done so responsibly for many years. I am a member of many organizations that promote tread lightly and use every opportunity to educate people on the trail.
I would like to ask that you leave the Greenhorn area open all year round. The Greenhorn area has been used by all types of vehicles for nearly as long as vehicles have been around. Many families ride in the Greenhorn area. It provides a safe, contained, multi use day area for ATV's, 4 wheel drives, and the new utility vehicles.
Please leave Greenhorn open for our use.
Sincerely,
Name
Address
City, State, Zip
Phone
Email

Quote:
Tahoe National Forest

Dear Forest Supervisor Tom Quinn,
I am concerned about the closure of the Greenhorn area to offroad vehicles. I have visited this land before the restrictions and believe the place was used primarily as a safe family day trip area.
This was a contained area where people could teach their teenagers how to drive offroad or on, while keeping on the trails. Also, the use of ATV's on trails and open gravel area did not disturb plant or wildlife.
I have seen many a person have a safe, enjoyable day in this area. I have not seen any damage to wildlife or plants. Any potential damage was taken care or a soon as possible by those who frequent the place.
I would like to ask you to please help open up Greenhorn to recreational use. It is safe, contained, and a low risk to the environment and the area. Thank you for your time.
Sincerely,
Name
Address
City, State, Zip
Phone
Email

Quote:
Tahoe National Forest

I am a long time 4 wheeler and have done so responsibly for many years. I am a member of many organizations that promote tread lightly and use every opportunity to educate people on the trail.
I would like to ask that you leave the Greenhorn area open all year round. The Greenhorn area has been used by all types of vehicles for nearly as long as vehicles have been around. Many families ride in the Greenhorn area. It provides a safe, contained, multi use day area for ATV's, 4 wheel drives, and the new utility vehicles.
Please leave Greenhorn open for our use.
Sincerely,
Name
Address
City, State, Zip
Phone
Email

Quote:
Tahoe National Forest

Greenhorn OHV area has been used by all types of vehicles for nearly as long as vehicles have been around. Many families ride in the Greenhorn area. It provides a safe, contained, multi use day area for ATV's, 4 wheel drives, and the new utility vehicles.

This makes an ideal setting for OHV use. Traditionally local residents have used it for teaching young or new enthusiasts how to ride, drive, and have fun. It is the ONLY open OHV area that includes 4 Wheel Drive use. The majority of creek bed users are 4 Wheel Drive enthusiasts. It has many different levels of challenging terrain, and obstacles. Real Estate Agents sell Greenhorn properties touting recreational OHV use.

Because of the history of Greenhorn Creek and a Hydraulic mining area, much of the soils have been washed downstream leaving a very large wide open creek bed consisting mostly of river rock. Very little vegetation exists, and very little wildlife traverses the area.

We want Greenhorn to stay open year round. It is generally below the snow line. When most of the forest will be closed during the snow and wet season, when the deep snow makes many forest roads impassable, Greenhorn offers a safe, fun place to recreate on rainy weekends. It would be a great place to continue to offer use where little damage to trails and roadbeds can occur. It's all rock!

The Draft Environmental Impact Statement only includes a portion of the traditional/original Greenhorn OHV use area, and again only a portion of the Tahoe National Forests portion of Greenhorn OHV.

The Greenhorn OHV area as described in the Draft, highlights the creek bed from Buckeye Road and South. Users also travel from the Buckeye Road entrance North, and continue until the canyon becomes too narrow to travel. This also should also be included in the Greenhorn OHV area, as another 40+ acres of exactly the same terrain, and rock creek bed exist there as well. This should be designated in addition to the rest of the known Greenhorn OHV area in THIS process.

This area is completely owned by the Public and managed by the Tahoe National Forest. It would not produce any private ownership conflicts. This area needs to be designated in THIS process.

Closing Buckeye Road for the Winter Deer herd is not prudent. It is one of many roads available to the public in a condensed area, and has never been closed for this purpose before. There are several studies that prove the Deer are not affected by OHV's, and in fact their numbers are increasing and show no evidence of their habitat being degraded.

Please Designate the Greenhorn OHV area in the final decision, and keep it open for year-round use.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
Name
Address
City, State, Zip
Phone
Email

We have a couple hundred letters right now for Greenhorn, we need at least a couple hundred more.

So, help me knock it out of the park

Thanks speedy

Duffil

• *lurker*
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • PhotoBucket
    • Buy me a beer
I sent one of those as well.

speedy

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since May '02
  • I love Marlin Crawler!
    • View Profile
I sent one of those as well.

Thanks  :clap:
You can send more than one  :yupyup: :yupyup:

Duffil

• *lurker*
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • PhotoBucket
    • Buy me a beer
i know.

come on guys it only takes 2 minutes to do it!

Blingn [OP]

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since May '06
    • View Profile
get on it gang we need to fight for our land and our rights

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 4,834
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
Just sent a second from my personal email and a third from another email signed by my girlfriend.

Only a few days left people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
85 4Runner Build  /  Cool Foreign Toyotas  /  Toyota: We Want Diesel FB Page    Rockcrawlintoy – i guess moms will put the pups up on the beach when they go fisting

speedy

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since May '02
  • I love Marlin Crawler!
    • View Profile
You guys rock :bowdown: :bowdown: keepem coming

Just something to remember this is happening nation wide :willynilly: :willynilly:

You don't have to live in California to send in a letter

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
You guys rock :bowdown: :bowdown: keepem coming

Just something to remember this is happening nation wide :willynilly: :willynilly:

You don't have to live in California to send in a letter

Definitely!!
85 4Runner Build  /  Cool Foreign Toyotas  /  Toyota: We Want Diesel FB Page    Rockcrawlintoy – i guess moms will put the pups up on the beach when they go fisting

speedy

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since May '02
  • I love Marlin Crawler!
    • View Profile

joey0712

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Male Posts: 1,459
  • Member since Apr '08
    • View Profile
Sent mine thanks for the link dude!
91 Toyota High pinions f&r.

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
Thanks Joey!! Keep em coming! :beerchug:

speedy

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since May '02
  • I love Marlin Crawler!
    • View Profile
Ok this is it last day for comments  :help::tantrum:

Lets rip a few more out today

Follow the link for more ready made comments :blah: :blah:
http://www.pirate4x4.com/letters/
« Last Edit: Dec 26, 2008, 09:14:13 AM by speedy »

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
Come on folks it only takes 5 minutes, even if you don't live in or near CA your words and thoughts on trail closure will make a difference.  :biggthumpup: