Author Topic: jim's 84 Xcab 4by  (Read 11729 times)

jimbo74

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
Re: jim's 84 Xcab 4by
« Reply #60 on: Jul 18, 2009, 07:01:09 AM »
hey josh, got the bill of sale printed up, put its a goft, worth $20
i signed it as well, you will need to fill in some of the info, as i dont have it on hand, all my paperwork is under the driver's seat, and the keys are in the gas filler door

key to the toolbox and the doors/ign
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

unclejpl4x4

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 348
  • Male Posts: 3,522
  • Member since Apr '05
  • Broke & rusted
    • View Profile
    • myspace
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #61 on: Jul 18, 2009, 07:20:22 AM »
wow that's a major suck WTF  after all that work ................ ya i would be :wave:  POS  after i kick it and took a hammer to it
build thread http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=39214.0
CB install http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=45467.0
roundeyes http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=33294.0;highlight=round+eyes
LC exhaust head 2 tip, EB RVstreethead O/S valves,EB  268c/torker cam , .20 over , metal t-chain wear pads
MARLIN clutch 1200, master clutch cly

jimbo74 [OP]

• Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: Jul 18, 2009, 07:24:50 AM »
i figure the whole in the block is liek a hammer....

you know, i mean i'm not mad, just hella sucks... it's very saddening

looks liek i might be out of the toyota game, or any vehicles for awhile.... i'm not going to have another vehicle for minimum of 5 months, while in basic training and then technical school..... and i have the ford ranger as a vehicle... but it will remain with my wife as a spare car for her and the family

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

fordh8r

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 850
  • Male Posts: 2,588
  • Member since Jan '07
  • when my toyota grows up it'll be just like my chevy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: Jul 18, 2009, 07:49:15 AM »
That fully sucks dude!  :down: Sorry to hear this all happened. But, if there is a bright side to all this maybe it's a good thing it happened now and not after you got somewhere with it where then dealing with it would be far too difficult.  :dunno:

At least you still get to see it as long as CK has it.  :thumbs:

All that dumb ass crap aside, good luck and enjoy the armed forces dude.  :usa:

crazykooter

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: -369
  • Male Posts: 1,418
  • Member since Apr '09
  • Located in Byron, CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: Jul 18, 2009, 10:07:51 PM »
It does suck beyond belief that it went like that.  It bothers me a lot since I have to say ive never had a motor ive built go out like that.  I cant afford to fix it right away but I want to get it running so good ole jimbo can see his truck alive again.  If need be I drop a used 85 22R carb engine in it which I have no history on. So no telling what its like.  I know for one thing I need to get it out of y ole mans yard soon since hes not extremely happy that I work on my truck there all the time.  Gonna  have to find a way to get it to Vallejo so I can pull the engine and find out if I screwed up. I am pretty sure we didnt mess up but a part just failed.  Either or I will find out. 
One thing that does make me wonder since my exp with rods going threw the side of blocks is nil is the actual way the block is cracked and the bigger part of the whole is on the inside which to me makes no sense at all. If a rod impacts the block hard enough to break a whole in it then it should have shown signs of an outwardly push which it doesnt imo. I will just have to take it out and inspect it closer to be sure.
Sorrry Jim Have fun droppin the soap. Dont worry they wont call you their pregnant dog after basics over. :disturbed: :ack: :gap: :moods:
You ars better send me an email letting me know what job u got and where your gonna be stationed.

hilux-1983

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 3
  • Male Posts: 1,271
  • Member since Apr '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: Jul 18, 2009, 10:51:10 PM »
Hey crazykooter, If there is anything we can do as a group to get that thing running again, make sure and ask for parts before buying anything. Jim is going away to serve his(our)country. Take plenty of pics too.
DD, 22R, L52HD, 35"s, All pro/Marlin Hysteer, 529's, Aussie Locker in rear only. 5" All Pro springs and 5" shackles. Just purpose built and dependable. A/C blows like ice too... www.4x4HIM.org

jimbo74 [OP]

• Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: Jul 19, 2009, 03:23:31 AM »
thanks for all the support guys!

yeah, it sucks, but at least, it's in a better place now..

maybe 1 day i will get to see it again, i signed the paperwork on it over to crazykooter, so it's his truck now... filled out the bill of sale, and got rid of all my toyota parts today to him also

2 days till i enter active duty!!! :willynilly:

nah, i wont drop the soap, i'm one of the big guys :P and... i'm already my wife's pregnant dog :P it's ok, the e-1s and e-2s are just going to have to deal with the new guy outranking them :P

~ John F. Kennedy ~

unclejpl4x4

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 348
  • Male Posts: 3,522
  • Member since Apr '05
  • Broke & rusted
    • View Profile
    • myspace
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #67 on: Jul 19, 2009, 04:35:21 AM »
well maybe its for the best  :beerchug:
build thread http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=39214.0
CB install http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=45467.0
roundeyes http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=33294.0;highlight=round+eyes
LC exhaust head 2 tip, EB RVstreethead O/S valves,EB  268c/torker cam , .20 over , metal t-chain wear pads
MARLIN clutch 1200, master clutch cly

crazykooter

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Apr '09
  • Located in Byron, CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: Jul 19, 2009, 07:48:28 AM »
Really money wise its the biggest issue atm.  I need some where I can store and work on it.  If I have that then I can pull the motor and go from there. 
Gonna talk to a friend in Vallejo and see what he thinks.  Maybe ill trade the labor for doing his bottom end on the dodge for storage and use of his garage.
Ill post back when I know more.

jimbo74 [OP]

• Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: Jul 20, 2009, 09:45:04 PM »
pray that i make weight! active duty in a few hours.... or not -- if i dont make weight!!!!

:willynilly:

~ John F. Kennedy ~

hilux-1983

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Apr '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: Jul 20, 2009, 09:48:33 PM »
Your not a lard butt are ya? You'll be fine.
DD, 22R, L52HD, 35"s, All pro/Marlin Hysteer, 529's, Aussie Locker in rear only. 5" All Pro springs and 5" shackles. Just purpose built and dependable. A/C blows like ice too... www.4x4HIM.org

jimbo74 [OP]

• Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: Jul 20, 2009, 09:50:21 PM »
Your not a lard butt are ya? You'll be fine.

yeah i am.... i can fluctuate 10 lbs daily....

i was 197 this morning so hopefully i didnt gain 11 pounds by the tiem they weigh me tomorrow morning, my max is 208

i did a little snacking today and had a good sized dinner, but no excessives like sweets, mainly chicken breasts for dinner

~ John F. Kennedy ~

hilux-1983

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Apr '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: Jul 20, 2009, 09:55:53 PM »
You'll be fine. Nah, nah, nah, nah, hey, hey good bye!!!!!!!!!

fordh8r

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 850
  • Male Posts: 2,588
  • Member since Jan '07
  • when my toyota grows up it'll be just like my chevy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: Jul 20, 2009, 10:01:35 PM »
Just be sure to take a nice solid  :pokinit: before you go weigh in and you'll be just fine. And you'll feel better too.  :yupyup:

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 4,834
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: Jul 20, 2009, 11:57:03 PM »
Good luck Jim!  :usa:
85 4Runner Build  /  Cool Foreign Toyotas  /  Toyota: We Want Diesel FB Page    Rockcrawlintoy – i guess moms will put the pups up on the beach when they go fisting

jimbo74 [OP]

• Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: Jul 21, 2009, 03:35:56 PM »
ACTIVE DUTY US AIR FORCE! SWORN IN TODAY! I SHIPPED OUT ALSO, but there was a problem, MEPS sent us to the airport late, so we missed our flight, currently holding over back at the hotel till tomorrow. I am E3 and the group leader for our travel.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

hilux-1983

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Apr '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: Jul 21, 2009, 03:42:21 PM »
ACTIVE DUTY US AIR FORCE! SWORN IN TODAY! I SHIPPED OUT ALSO, but there was a problem, MEPS sent us to the airport late, so we missed our flight, currently holding over back at the hotel till tomorrow. I am E3 and the group leader for our travel.

Way to go fly boy!!! Always remember treat the lower enlisted with respect also. One day they might turn out to be your boss.

jimbo74 [OP]

• Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: Jul 21, 2009, 03:47:36 PM »
Way to go fly boy!!! Always remember treat the lower enlisted with respect also. One day they might turn out to be your boss.

heck, even after i get to my first duty station, i will be coming into a shop with guys that have been there to train me with possibly lower rank than me.... new guy with rank :eeK:

yeah, i'm usually pretty cool with people until you piss me off... i forgive, and remember.....

~ John F. Kennedy ~

crazykooter

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Apr '09
  • Located in Byron, CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: Jul 21, 2009, 06:28:58 PM »
Jimbo I am trying to find a bed for your truck.  If I can get a hold of a decent motor and a bed I might be putting it together and driving it myself while I work more on my truck.  I think I found one off an 86 but im not totally sure if it will work.  Sorry that 81 bed has to GO lol.  Ill email ya pics as I start to piece it together.  The interior is gonna be a pain in the ***. 
What do ya think that 22RET head is worth ?  I am prob gonna be getting the engine out of Martinez which has everything on it so I wont need it. 
Anyways bud have fun in boot camp and ill talk to ya when you get out.  Dont forget to tell ur wife to call or email me ur mos.

jimbo74 [OP]

• Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: Jul 21, 2009, 06:33:21 PM »
i told her, i jsut need to write it all down in a letter i send....

thanks, found an 86 motor or bed? if its an 86 bed, it will bolt up no problem

dont know what the head is worth, got it on ebay or $105 and was $25 for shipping --- how is the ehad? still look good? find anything out on the engine?

i think most of the interior is still there ;) i found more stuff in the shed in a blue bin, several stereos and a cb and possible some other stuff, check it out if you go back to get that stuff.... no worries on driving it, it's your truck, since i signed it over, lol..... i'd gladly take it back though... you are a good guy josh :)

~ John F. Kennedy ~