Author Topic: Wheelers discriminating against other wheelers  (Read 12665 times)

Dark Chaos

• Marlin Crawler
  • I used to Crawl. I still do, but I used to, too.
Wheelers discriminating against other wheelers
« on: Jul 24, 2004, 09:48:37 PM »
When my local 4x4 shop holds its so-called 4x4 jamboree, which turns out to be a jeep jamboree, which is cool different vehicles different people same interests you would think it would be a nice day. WRONG!!  I do not mean to offend any of you who wheel or own a jeep past present or future! But what the F&^% is up with people who own jeep’s! What makes them think they are so special! Every event of wheeling in my area jeep people are obnoxious and disrespectful in every way shape and form. You can tell the jeep fans in the crowd the wont cheer on another vehicle taking on difficult obstacles and succeeding. Last week I went to this so-called 4x4 Jamboree the jeep people were above and beyond disrespectful and obnoxious. There were a total of 35 vehicles at this event 25 were jeeps, the rest consisted of 2 Chevys, 1 Dodge, 2 Fords, 2 Suzukis and 3 Toyotas. The language and the antics of the total event got so bad that people were tired of trying to report to the trail leaders of the antics going on that allot of people were leaving and demanding their money back. The trail leaders of course jeeps were playing dumb they keep saying we did not hear or see anything outside of the usual trail razzing. Trail razzing does not consist of sexual overtones! Especially when there are minors around. Trail razzing does not consist of throwing items at people and there vehicles. I hope not all jeep people are like this I know in my area if they keep this up no one will be able to wheel. Unless this is some pathetic and childish way of brand loyal jeep mutants to screw everyone else out of a good time because we do not own a jeep. I am also tired of hearing why don't you trade that POS Toyota in for a jeep I have one thing to say to you kiss my  :moon:

WHITE_TRASH

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 679
  • Member since Feb '03
  • Don't blame me, I didn't vote for this crap.
    • View Profile
Re: Wheelers discriminating against other wheelers
« Reply #1 on: Jul 24, 2004, 09:57:44 PM »
Holy crap finally Im not the only one that has to deal with that kinda garbage!  I was starting to think I was special or something.  That is pretty much the attitude of all the Jeepers around here, if its not Jeep its junk!  Now maybe some of you will realize why I have a serious lack of respect for Jeeps in general.  I wasnt born into it I learned it be watching them!
Full hydro, 186:1 with an auto and 44's what could go wrong??

KYOTA

• Turtle Points: 1759
  • Member since Jan '04
  • Wreckin Ball '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jul 24, 2004, 10:11:44 PM »
That kind of attitude sucks, its hard to have a good time when that kind of sh*t is going on. It shouldnt matter what you wheel, lets just wheel and have fun.  :beer:

Skinny_Pedal

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 89
  • Male Posts: 2,833
  • Member since Apr '04
  • work so I can support my lifestyle
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #3 on: Jul 24, 2004, 10:13:46 PM »
yeah i know exactly what u guys speak of. i was at the core event in monroe earlier this year. the only people that felt like being dicks were of course the jeepers. u by a jeep u become an as*hole i guess. thats why i drive a toyota, and i like to drive my vehicle not fix it
Im an OG

Prismo

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 8292
  • Member since Oct '03
  • Living in the green house
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jul 24, 2004, 11:36:42 PM »
If they do that with me, I don't help them fix thier stuff when they are broke down. I just drive around them & tell em I don't know how to work on Jeeps. I always love "My (insert vehicle brand here) will go anywhere". I know there is carnage coming around the corner when I hear that one.
Retired Great White Turtle Hunter
Originally posted by fortysixandtwo – sheesh, you should see the transvestites i sell ammo to sometimes

Dark Chaos

• Marlin Crawler
« Reply #5 on: Jul 25, 2004, 07:40:19 AM »
The worst part about it is allot of the people are close childhood friends and soon as the get behind the wheel of a jeep look out here comes the A$$%^&*. I want to get this sticker http://www.frontrangeoffroadfab.com/sticker.htm  I understand the jeep thing that is why I drive a Toyota, I am just afraid those jerk bag jeepers are going to do something stupid to my truck. It seems the to me almost the whole 4x4 industry favors jeeps, I was going around asking different sticker and t-shirt makers if the came make that same saying up but put it on a t-shirt. I get “that is UN-American you should be ashamed of your self jeep is the reason why you are not speaking German or Japanese” are you a commie? I said jeep did help and it  is also the reason why all other off road enthusiast are stereo typed as hillbillies who think a family reunion is a way to find a date. Yet staring me right in the face are a sticker /t-shirt combos TOYOTA its whats for dinner! SUZUKI the other white meat. NISSAN the quickest way to intestinal worms? So on and so on.
That kind of attitude sucks, its hard to have a good time when that kind of sh*t is going on. It shouldnt matter what you wheel, lets just wheel and have fun.  :beer:

dirtbag

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 841
  • Male Posts: 1,303
  • Member since Jun '04
  • flexes like dried doo-doo
    • View Profile
    • I am hot, huh?
« Reply #6 on: Jul 25, 2004, 10:23:24 AM »
I have been on both sides of this fence. I have had Jeeps ( I still have 4 of them ), and I have been wheeling in an ex-buddies' Yota. I used to get the same stuff basically said to me because I drove a Wagoneer instead of a CJ, YJ, TJ. I had one of the largest ( body size ) rigs there, and people would talk crap to me since they thought it was an IH Travelall. So, for a while, I had a sticker that said "It's a Full-Size Jeep thing, you wouldn't CARE." People got the point then.

Then, when I went in the Yota, the same people who talked crap about my Jeep started in on the Yota. So, what I have figured out is:

IF YOU DECIDE TO COME AND WHEEL WITH ME, MAKE SURE THE FACTORY-OPTION DRIVER'S SEAT STICK IS REMOVED FROM YOUR A** FIRST!!!!

88runner

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 756
  • Member since May '03
  • Click me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Jul 25, 2004, 05:30:36 PM »
Maybe it's because they have so much money in their Heep that they can't accaept that a guy with 300$(WT) can make a toyota more capable then their Heep. :_oops:

Around here all this BS dosen't really exist we all do little joke each other's rig and if someone is serious about wath he says we let him stuck in a hole and around here if you're alone in a trail there's 99% of chance that you're gonna stay there for a long time(days), in a weekend of wheeling you can meet maybe one or two other wheeler that was not with you :disturbed:, so we let him there for 3 or 4 hours and then come back to offer some help. After that they usually shut their mouth, don't know why :dunno: :dunno:
88 4runner v6,
5.29 with 35" tires,
Isuzu Rodeo rear disk brake,
t-case hand brake in near futur
solid axle'd

SWAMPER

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 790
  • Male Posts: 3,599
  • Member since May '04
  • Semper Fi
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Jul 26, 2004, 07:29:34 AM »
I agree with KYOTA.....I dont care as long as it gets dirty....fortunetly I have not expericed any harrasment of this sort....well not fortunetly but luckily...for the heep owners of coarse  :yupyup:
1985 Toyota Pick/Up longbed...bobbed 15",  lifted 5", 36's.....http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=36992.0

iNfErNaL

• El Presidente
  • Turtle Points: 109
  • Male Posts: 7,509
  • Member since Aug '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Sep 16, 2004, 11:33:33 PM »
I agree with you on that Chaos....Being a Jeep owner myself,I have no explanation for that kind of attitude.I wheel with a lot of Yota owners and Zook owners,and I know a few Jeep owners,who like myself,believe "It's not what you buy',it's what you build"...........What I don't understand,is why everybody thinks that all of us Jeep owners are stuck up pansies.Like I've said before,About 90% of the Jeep owners are,but there's that 10% of us who don't care what kind of rig you have,as long as you share the same passion of four wheelin' as us.........I do however know exactly how you feel.There's haters on both sides,like for instance the cat that says that every f@gg!t has a Jeep..............It's just straight up ignorance.
WWW.GLOBALOFFROADSUPPLY.COM

Support Your Local Brawlers
 www.RockBrawlers.com 

www.offroadtruckshow.com

kyle_22r

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 530
  • Male Posts: 1,233
  • Member since Dec '03
  • yellow beast
    • View Profile
i usually don't mind jeeps.  there's self-righteous jerks in every crowd.

come to think of it, i wouldn't mind having a flatfender powered by a 22R, an L52HD tranny, 4.7s in the case, and toy axles :eyebrow:

iNfErNaL

• El Presidente
  • Turtle Points: 109
  • Male Posts: 7,509
  • Member since Aug '04
    • View Profile
Look on www.mudtruk.com.........Jessie Haynes has one.
WWW.GLOBALOFFROADSUPPLY.COM

Support Your Local Brawlers
 www.RockBrawlers.com 

www.offroadtruckshow.com

obex26

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 116
  • Member since May '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
    • Vegas Valley 4 Wheelers
I agree with you on that Chaos....Being a Jeep owner myself,I have no explanation for that kind of attitude.I wheel with a lot of Yota owners and Zook owners,and I know a few Jeep owners,who like myself,believe "It's not what you buy',it's what you build"...........What I don't understand,is why everybody thinks that all of us Jeep owners are stuck up pansies.Like I've said before,About 90% of the Jeep owners are,but there's that 10% of us who don't care what kind of rig you have,as long as you share the same passion of four wheelin' as us.........I do however know exactly how you feel.There's haters on both sides,like for instance the cat that says that every f@gg!t has a Jeep..............It's just straight up ignorance.

Fags drive miatas and jettas and subaru forresters get it right.....

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Turtle Points: 2124
  • Male Posts: 18,291
  • Member since Apr '02
  • 511:1 Club
    • View Profile
    • Bone-Stock Plane-Jane 1981 Shortbed Pickup
i usually don't mind jeeps.  there's self-righteous jerks in every crowd.

come to think of it, i wouldn't mind having a flatfender powered by a 22R, an L52HD tranny, 4.7s in the case, and toy axles :eyebrow:

This is Sam's truck (http://www.sierrarockcrawlers.com/) back in summer of 2001 - Ultimate Crawler and Toyaxles. He's a great guy, loves Marlin and Toyotas and loves wheel'n!
« Last Edit: Sep 17, 2004, 10:55:28 AM by BigMike »
Check out our new Rock Crawling Videos!
2016 56-speed 580:1 Tacoma Rock Crawler   
1981 36-speed 511:1 3RZ-FE Rock Crawler
1987 6-speed Supercharged 4A-GZE MR2
Instagram: @SlowestTacoma
Things are only impossible until they are not.
"The worst of both worlds, the best of neither." -abnormaltoy
"An informed question. But difficult to answer. I am what you see." -Nanaki

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Member since Apr '02
    • View Profile
 :gap:

83yota

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 372
  • Member since Mar '04
  • rollin my nike's
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
ok time for my  :twocents:  this past summer i had the chance to run at a place called the Canadian River 4X4 Park. first off i will wheel with just about any one. i even had a friend there that, yes, drove a jeep. he HATES the typical jeep owners. while we were out just enjoying the texas area and the hills. when my wife was driving up a hill, not real difficult, there was 2 guys both driving jeeps at the top of the hill yelling things like get that rock flopper off the trail, how about ridding my trail honey. well that being my wife who was driving my friend and i were not going to take it. so we walked up to them and asked them to quit. they said they would quit as soon as we left their park. well me being 6'3" and weighing 220lbs and my friend being 6'8" and weighing almost 300 lbs we were not about to let 2 red neck hillbilies run us out. so my friend walked up and told them to move on or be forced to move on. so they left and we were able to enjoy the rest of the day. that night at about 3:00 am my 2 rotties started barking waking me and my friend. we walked out and there were 4 guys pined to a tree yelling at my dogs.i walked up and asked to 2 what in the he77 they thought they were doing in my camp. well i dont care who you are but with 2 rotts looking you in the face you are going to back pedal as fast as you can and so did these 2. but needless to say this kind of sh1* better end soon because i am geting tired of it. it was the same way when i lived in utah and went to moab in my bronco.
85 toyta 4runner Soon to be full widths... i hope http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=62935.0

90 toyota runner Very sadly gone
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=75563.60

Mike D

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 122
  • Male Posts: 1,902
  • Member since Jun '04
  • MMMMMMMMMM........
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
My dads company is a printing press but for stickers and he is going to make me and my bro stickers that say "Jeep Rescue Team" but if i ever get stuck they just might drive away
87 runner, 4" trailmaster lift, 33" TSL/SX, 5.29's V6 e-locker, 22re that cost too much

yotaboy79

• stuck in the shop
  • Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: -19
  • Male Posts: 2,838
  • Member since Aug '03
    • View Profile
to me its not what you wheel its your attitude about what people wheel and yes it seems like theres more jeep owners with shitty attitudes but every brand has people like that i think that the only reason that more jeep owners are like that is because more people wheel jeeps but thats still not an excuse it shouldent happen at all but there isnt realy much you can do about it

ps i just hope this dont turn out like heep haters lol

well thats my  :twocents:

brainlessfool

• It's not my problem if you can't hear the voices too.
  • Turtle Points: 2730
  • Male Posts: 4,207
  • Member since Jun '02
  • drive fast or the devil may get ya
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
Well I don't hate heeps at all!  I just hate white ppl  :smack: and I don't care what thier driving!  :driving:

(yes swampy I'm joking! )   :yupyup:
A good day working, that's just sick :reg:

SWAMPER

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 790
  • Male Posts: 3,599
  • Member since May '04
  • Semper Fi
    • View Profile
  (yes swampy I'm joking! )   :yupyup:

I dont care!....Im not white.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Brainless be a good boy ok
1985 Toyota Pick/Up longbed...bobbed 15",  lifted 5", 36's.....http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=36992.0

- Sales Employee -

freds40

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 293
  • Male Posts: 2,331
  • Member since Dec '02
    • View Profile
I think the guys in Jeeps that talk crap are the ones that either had their truck built, or bought every last thing off the shelf with the Rubicon Express this and the Tera flex that. For them it's a matter of," look how much money I spent and how  :bling: my Jeep is." Some are capable, many appear to be top heavy from what I've seen. Then they see a Toy that is very affordable to build, many of us build them to wheel and do all the work in our garages so they are not quite as  pretty. But much of the time they wheel like crazy. I drive a Toy, I love my Toy, it wheels great. I don't get pissed @ people that don't wheel Toys. Wheel what ever you want, just respect the other rigs on the trail.

On a side note, last time on Swamp we had a group consisting of 4 Toy trucks, a cruiser, and an EB. @ one somewhat rough spot, we all managed to make it through relatively quickly and with little to no spotting. On the other side there was a large group coming along and we had room to get off to the side and let them through. Their group consisted of mainly jeeps, a major money rig that started as a sammy, and a toy pickup. We waited a good while for most of the jeeps to get through with extensive spotting, many backups, and a lot of unsuredness(if it's a word) on the driver's part. The Sammy based rig had leveling air bags and computer controls and the driver looked way uncomfortable in the rig, took him a while to get through and with the cash that he had thrown @ that thing, he should have cruised it. Then the Toy pulls up. The owner of the truck was just walking outside the truck and letting his girlfriend drive for a bit. He told her where to place her front drivers tire and she then walked through no problems. Just made me laugh that the Jeep and money rigs were running around the obstacle and working up a pretty good sweat to get through and the Toy cruises it. Now I'm not bashing anyone, it just made me laugh.
"between projects"

4DEES

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 28
  • Male Posts: 1,403
  • Member since Jul '04
  • THROW SOME DEES ON THAT B1TCH!!
    • View Profile
first of all, will you guys stop calling JEEPS "heeps", that sounds so gay :stopit: when you cats say that.besides, no matter what people own, there are still some a$$holes.could we all just stop being haters?thank you.
« Last Edit: Sep 20, 2004, 12:00:35 AM by BigMike »
***ROCK BRAWLERS~Southern Cali***
 www.rockbrawlers.com 

'85 Toy, 42's and a body lift!

ROCK IT TILL THE WHEELS FALL OFF!!

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Member since Apr '02
    • View Profile
first of all, will you guys stop calling JEEPS "heeps", that sounds so gay :stopit: when you cats say that.
The reason we use that word is cuz a while ago we had a very nasty thread titled "Heep Haters" and it got way out of control and the guy who started it got banned. In fact he was the first person ever to be banned here. This place is really cool because of the members that frequent here, without the nice crowd around here it wouldnt be so cool.

Quote from: YOTAon40s
no matter what people own, there are still some a$$holes

Quote from: yotaboy79
to me its not what you wheel its your attitude about what people wheel

I think you guys are right on the money. I've seen many Toy owners talk smack and show off and Ive wheeled with some really really great Jeep owners too. Might I add that Marlin and family (I suppose that includes me) are a member of the Bakersfield Trailblazers, which for your information, is a Jeep club! Marlin is 1 of 2 yotas in the Jeep club. And let me be the first to point out that these guys are the coolest people in the world to wheel with. They are just like Marlin, always ready to help out and lend a hand if your broke, no matter the hour or condition, and the cook from the club tows a trailer behind his CJ and man I feel like Im at some buffet every time I wheel with those guys.

Really really nice Jeep owners who love to be out enjoying nature while wheeling  :driving:

And I think yotaboy is right on the money. We see more jerks driving Jeeps because there are more Jeeps on the trails. Gotta be statistics to back this up...

4DEES

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 28
  • Male Posts: 1,403
  • Member since Jul '04
  • THROW SOME DEES ON THAT B1TCH!!
    • View Profile

I think you guys are right on the money. I've seen many Toy owners talk smack and show off and Ive wheeled with some really really great Jeep owners too.

Exactly my point "bigmike", I wheel with quite a few jeep owners(including my brother infernal) and they are some of the coolest
people I have ever met,all the jeep homies and us YOTA boys all get along around here. but there is haters from every crowd.
***ROCK BRAWLERS~Southern Cali***
 www.rockbrawlers.com 

'85 Toy, 42's and a body lift!

ROCK IT TILL THE WHEELS FALL OFF!!

Cherokee91red

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
I know what yall are talking about seeing as how I own a Jeep. Many are snotty and @$^%.(insert remark or your own choosing here). And people that have their stuff built for them are the worst, I saw this one CJ at Uwharrie awhile ago, sittin on 40's with a 350 engine, lengthened the frame, etc. I started askin him questions and he didn't have a clue as to what anything was, couldn't even tell me what the rear axle was, it was a 14 bolt. I respect Yotas, Jeeps, Suzukis... If you wheel, you're cool in my book. And if you build all your own stuff and do all the work on your truck yourself, then  :beerchug:
The Cycle: Wheel, Break stuff, Fix the stuff, Wheel again, Break something else, Fix that, Repeat,,, Forever.
Jeeps don't leak, We mark our territory.

yotaboy79

• stuck in the shop
  • Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: -19
  • Male Posts: 2,838
  • Member since Aug '03
    • View Profile
have a  :beer: mikey

:beerchug:

Dark Chaos

• Marlin Crawler
It is a shame that A)(*holes bring stereotypes to vehicles and there owners.  Remembering when my starter went in my 84 Toy at one of those do it your self car washes were the floor is angled down ward for water drainage since pushing it out myself was out of the question. I went around looking for Trucks or Jeeps to push me enough to compression start it my truck. Went up to this guy in a Ford F-150 with a ARB bull bar when the guy comes around he looks at my Toy and says Sorry man don’t want to scratch my bumper it is brand new. Went to a guy with a hooked up Cherokee that looks like it has been wheeled pretty hard hey man my starter in my truck went can you push me out with your vehicle Sorry man I think, I threw a rod listen when he started it up I thought he had a helicopter under the hood. Getting ready to give up and call AAA along comes a 95 22r Toy Excuse me fellow Toyota owner can you help me out he goes sure man were are you at he pushed me out I gave him 5 dollars he said keep it, us Toyota guys got to stick together I shook his hand thanked him then off I went. To bad all wheelers were not like him. I will admit I always wanted a Jeep just because it is the only compact vehicle today that still has a solid front axel from the showroom and a bevy of aftermarket parts. Hopefully Toyota will wake up. 

Raven

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 156
  • Female Posts: 126
  • Member since Apr '04
  • Raven
    • View Profile
    • Raven Off-Road 4x4 Club
My turn...
You all can suck my D(&k - oh - wait - wrong topic... :eyebrow:

ANYWAYS - my Jeep ~ 1977 CJ-7, 304/400/QT/D30/AMC20/SOA/35's w/ plenty of engines mods - has pulled out every make and model there is & has BEEN pulled out by the same. So - are preppy snotty people driving jeeps? YES - just as much as preppy snotty people are driving classic broncos, toyotas, fords and chevy's.
You want controversy - put a woman behind the wheel - then you get sexism AND vehicle critism because of the make.

Wheel it if you've got it and F)&k it if you don't - either way get the hell outta my way cause I'm coming through!
Get on your knees and kiss the boots - cause I'm the Queen here b*^$h...

brainlessfool

• It's not my problem if you can't hear the voices too.
  • Turtle Points: 2730
  • Male Posts: 4,207
  • Member since Jun '02
  • drive fast or the devil may get ya
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
My turn...
You all can suck my D(&k - oh - wait - wrong topic... :eyebrow:

ANYWAYS - my Jeep ~ 1977 CJ-7, 304/400/QT/D30/AMC20/SOA/35's w/ plenty of engines mods - has pulled out every make and model there is & has BEEN pulled out by the same. So - are preppy snotty people driving jeeps? YES - just as much as preppy snotty people are driving classic broncos, toyotas, fords and chevy's.
You want controversy - put a woman behind the wheel - then you get sexism AND vehicle critism because of the make.

Wheel it if you've got it and F)&k it if you don't - either way get the hell outta my way cause I'm coming through!

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

I see , a voice of turth   :beerchug:
A good day working, that's just sick :reg:

Raven

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 156
  • Female Posts: 126
  • Member since Apr '04
  • Raven
    • View Profile
    • Raven Off-Road 4x4 Club
« Last Edit: Sep 21, 2004, 10:31:09 PM by BigMike »
Get on your knees and kiss the boots - cause I'm the Queen here b*^$h...