Author Topic: Dual t case reccomendations  (Read 2371 times)

POWERSTROKEN

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -1
  • Member since Sep '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Dual t case reccomendations
« on: Jun 03, 2008, 11:33:45 PM »
   I am starting my dual Toy case setup and am looking for some insight.  I have ordered 2 Toy crawler boxes (replacement case)  from Advanced Adapters.  I have 2 t cases already.  I will be getting 2 23 spline inputs.  (who's is better:  MC,  AP,  or factory Toy?)  I will be doing MC's 10 degree adapter,  Some sort of gears?  (which ones are better?)  FROR 10 degree t case mounts,  I am unsure about the Downey adapter or AA's (Downey's is 1.5" thick AA's is almost 4" thick.  The AA one will accept either top or forward shift cases. which would you run and why?)  This set up will be going into my 4 door Tracker with a 4.3, 700R4, dual Toy cases.   Thanks  Jim
"Don't RAM it...STROKE it"

MiniSimp

• Outdoor Enthusiast
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 5,120
  • Member since Jan '05
  • SimpsonBrothers.net
    • View Profile
    • Simpson Brothers Photography
Re: Dual t case reccomendations
« Reply #1 on: Jun 04, 2008, 06:24:44 AM »
Just about the best setup you can get is 23 splined duals with 4.7's in the rear case and a rotated adapter.
As for the crossmember be ready to beef up the FROR one, they have a habbit of breaking in the bottom right corner. Check out 4x4innovations crossmembers also.
If you have a full transfer case and 2 crawl boxes, you might want to consider picking up a regular MC07 adapter and run tripple cases. It's a nice setup.

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #2 on: Jun 04, 2008, 06:08:16 PM »
   I am starting my dual Toy case setup and am looking for some insight.  I have ordered 2 Toy crawler boxes (replacement case)  from Advanced Adapters.  I have 2 t cases already.  I will be getting 2 23 spline inputs.  (who's is better:  MC,  AP,  or factory Toy?)  I will be doing MC's 10 degree adapter,  Some sort of gears?  (which ones are better?)  FROR 10 degree t case mounts,  I am unsure about the Downey adapter or AA's (Downey's is 1.5" thick AA's is almost 4" thick.  The AA one will accept either top or forward shift cases. which would you run and why?)  This set up will be going into my 4 door Tracker with a 4.3, 700R4, dual Toy cases.   Thanks  Jim
not trying to be a smartass but
1st ask yourself this question,  whats the name of this website ??

MC  makes the best adapter because they do the research and development themselves,  they dont steal research from others,  or  hire others to do it for them

MC  has the best parts because they get them  from the same company in Japan  that supplies TOYOTA
and  you just cant beat  the Total Spline gears for strength

Go MARLIN or GO HOME
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

POWERSTROKEN [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Sep '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jun 05, 2008, 11:22:01 PM »
not trying to be a smartass but
1st ask yourself this question,  whats the name of this website ??

MC  makes the best adapter because they do the research and development themselves,  they dont steal research from others,  or  hire others to do it for them

MC  has the best parts because they get them  from the same company in Japan  that supplies TOYOTA
and  you just cant beat  the Total Spline gears for strength

Go MARLIN or GO HOME
        Well after talking to the Marlin guys I will be runningf their 10 degree billet adapter,  23 spline shafts, and 4.7 gears.  I dont really care who's site this is as I will buy what is the best part for the best price.  If its Marlins parts great, if not someone else will get  my $ it's that simple.  Are triple cases that sweet?   Would you even need to run aftermarket gears in one?  That would be kool.   Jim

DCabTaco

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 49
  • Member since May '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jun 06, 2008, 09:21:41 AM »
why billet?  I have never heard of anyone breaking a MC07(or MC07-R10) housing.  Just my  :twocents: to try and save you a few dollars.
04 SCed DCab Taco
85 4runner
97 Civic (DD)

jonathan82toy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 5
  • Male Posts: 502
  • Member since Mar '07
  • 1St Gens Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jun 06, 2008, 10:35:53 AM »
not trying to be a smartass but, Go MARLIN or GO HOME

I like the way you said that 79coyotefrg,  :cool:
What Is The Truth Behind The Magic Turtle Breeding Program?

S.S. More Powerful Than Superman, Batman, Spiderman And The Incredible Hulk Put Together.

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #6 on: Jun 06, 2008, 03:41:53 PM »
I like the way you said that 79coyotefrg,  :cool:
:usa:
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

POWERSTROKEN [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Sep '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Jun 09, 2008, 02:52:25 PM »
   OK, so 2 AA's reduction boxes are on there way to MC.  A BL HD rear output is on its way to MC.(their shaft is top secret and not available :shake:)  I am going for the Dual Ultimate Tcase setup with dual 23 spline, 2.28, 4.70 combo, billet 10 degree adapter, twin  sticked.  Did I miss anything?