Author Topic: Rubithon  (Read 12210 times)

Steve_925

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: -86
  • Male Posts: 1,876
  • Member since Feb '07
  • F***in catalina wine mixer
    • View Profile
Rubithon
« on: Jun 01, 2008, 02:31:48 PM »
just wondering whoes all going. and if your going with TLCA or just going up the same weekend. ill be there fri. morning going allthe way to the springs on friday.
1973 HILUX build up-------> http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=48133.new#new

UA 342
STEAMFITTERS

sloyota

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 251
  • Male Posts: 818
  • Member since Mar '05
  • 1/4TiLTKrawlers.Petaluma,Ca. 707-766-9592
    • View Profile
Re: Rubithon
« Reply #1 on: Jun 05, 2008, 07:59:14 AM »
i'll be there friday night,camp somewhere by little sluice or buck island then make it to the springs by saturday afternoon.then make are way back to loon on sunday
I'm not responsable for my own action's.

AaronB

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 287
  • Male Posts: 2,452
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Wish I Was Crawling
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #2 on: Jun 05, 2008, 03:36:21 PM »
 :rivers:  :down: I went last year but sadly i wont make it this year. Have fun and take lots of pics.  :wave:
"Never make your passion your occupation. it will loose it's luster and become work. that's why i never wanted to become a gynecologist!"

I also taught him how to put in 5min of hard work and then spend 15min staring and admiring what you have done...

yotee

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 58
  • Male Posts: 247
  • Member since Jun '05
  • fatboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jun 05, 2008, 04:23:40 PM »
when is it?

ROCKO

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -49
  • Male Posts: 743
  • Member since Sep '07
  • NOR-CAL WHEELIN
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jun 05, 2008, 06:16:12 PM »
JUST ANOTHER ROCK CRAWLER....
with a lot of good stuff

F@$K CANCER

ROCKO

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Sep '07
  • NOR-CAL WHEELIN
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jun 05, 2008, 06:17:34 PM »
just wondering whoes all going. and if your going with TLCA or just going up the same weekend. ill be there fri. morning going allthe way to the springs on friday.
lets wheel in at nite and i will go i have to work friday but probly can get off early....
call me later
with a lot of good stuff

F@$K CANCER

yotee

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Jun '05
  • fatboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Jun 05, 2008, 10:37:32 PM »
rubicon
hookt on fonikz wurkd fur yoo

not where, when.     :)

yotee

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Jun '05
  • fatboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Jun 05, 2008, 10:40:18 PM »
ahh, june 18 through 22

mickey_rubicon

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 37
  • Member since Jul '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Jun 12, 2008, 11:52:08 AM »
starting early afternoon on the 17th with 4 to 5 rigs and leaving tahoma side on the 22nd - taking our time and enjoying the scenery
I should wear a better helmet ...

ROCKO

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Sep '07
  • NOR-CAL WHEELIN
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Jun 13, 2008, 09:10:40 PM »
i will be there wih perry and john for the clean up :yesnod:
with a lot of good stuff

F@$K CANCER

Steve_925 [OP]

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Feb '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Jun 23, 2008, 10:27:36 PM »
man it was a great trip. went all the way to the springs on friday with no problems or break downs. it was kinda a slow pace but still a good day. sat just hung out at the springs all day then did the raffle and watched a bunch of people win all kinds of good prizes. then out on sunday. took about 4 hours to get up caddy, a couple people breaking down can sure clog a whole lot of people up. it was still a blast.
1973 HILUX build up-------> http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=48133.new#new

UA 342
STEAMFITTERS

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 4,834
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Jun 23, 2008, 11:15:45 PM »
 :worthless:
85 4Runner Build  /  Cool Foreign Toyotas  /  Toyota: We Want Diesel FB Page    Rockcrawlintoy – i guess moms will put the pups up on the beach when they go fisting

smith123isuzu

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Member since Jun '08
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Jun 24, 2008, 09:11:06 AM »
That was off the hook, It was good to see the turn out on the RUBICON, I how ever did not get involved with the Rubicon It was to late for us, we got in Friday night, got past gatekeeper then set up camp, headed out Saturday morn 630, made the top of caddy hill 830 pm what a ride that was, woke up to find marlin and his group at the look out, I got some good pictures of them jumping for joy, marling how are your knees,

Tell CJ whats up.  This is Chris Smith

http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...acoma/rubicon/

Steve_925 [OP]

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Feb '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Jun 24, 2008, 12:46:15 PM »
pics

UA 342
STEAMFITTERS

yota_kid

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Male Posts: 68
  • Member since Apr '08
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Jun 24, 2008, 11:20:05 PM »
hey steve when you guys going back up to the con or any other trail runs?
F.B.M
93 xtended cab spool with 5.29's and aussie locker & 5.29 up front, dual stock marlin cases, 38" tsl, marlin hy-steer, sas, allpro t-case break and long travel springs frame bobbed 17" rear axle moved  forward 11" from stock, custom flat bed and soon to get exo

cougarfreak

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 176
  • Member since Jun '05
  • Cruise Moab '06 Kane Creek
    • View Profile
    • cougarfreakphoto.com
« Reply #15 on: Jun 25, 2008, 01:37:35 AM »
I was scheduled to go on the Rubithon run Wednesday, but brake issues weren't resolved until LATE Wednesday night.  I was hoping to be packed up and ready to go at 5am to hit Glen's run Thursday, but that option got squelched when I was STILL packing at 4am (Yes, it's been a while), so I decided to try the Friday run with Marlin.  Thursday evening found me with leaky power steering at the top of the switchbacks a few miles in on Ice House Road.  So at about 4:30pm I turned around and retreated back down to Sly Park to try and tighten down my connections at the shop next to the Shell station (Super nice guys BTW).... bad idea as I wound up cracking one of the fittings tightening them too much.  Marlin was very kind (THANK YOU VERY MUCH, MARLIN AND CHRIS) and gave my sons and I a ride to the local Napa to see if they could help out...  no such luck.  No one in Sly Park had any to replace it with, and Placerville C and H automotive were the only ones in the area with the possibility of having the JIC -6- fittings I need to hook power steering back up but they were already closed for the evening :crybaby: .  Upon Marlin's recommendation, I removed the power steering belt and went full Manual to get to the Sly Park campgrounds.  Manual steering and 35" tires REALLY SUCKS!!!!  Friday had me taking the air box off and on to get better access at the lines, connecting/disconnecting, bleeding, and rebleeding the system 5 more times accompanied with multiple attempts at bleeding the power steering system to no avail, and traipsing and wrenching around Sacramento in 104 degree heat :censor:.  My two boyz were totally cool while I wrenched (one of the few times I like having bought them Gameboys).  Finally I got some copper cone washers from Brake Hose and Fittings Etc. and a couple more fittings for spares, and a new power steering pump from Napa...  which coincidentally only gave me power steering for 100 feet, then conked out again (Thank you soooo much Fred for helping me brainstorm my issues).

So after making my youngest cry telling him we're going home, some FOTR friends of mine convinced him that I was just kidding and we caravaned up to Airport flats (Power Steering was still nonexistent, but I figured camping and hiking in to the FOTR fence material collection at the bottom of the bowl beat the heck out of going home).

Some other FOTR friends of mine offer a little fire road excursion with a little hike, and then we'd caravan home.  Well, my power steering started working that morning and only gave me an issue once on our Wentworth "hike"...  We weren't even going to disconnect the sway bars or air the tires down...  That went out the window when we were all having a blast cruising through Wentworth Springs.  Wentworth is WICKED this year, and rock stacking and lots of high centering were abound, but no straps, strap ons, winches, or wenches were necessary to get our 3 rigs through.

Minor rock rub body damage, and blowed up thumbnail was the only carnage incurred.  My power steering musta spit out the air bubble that was ultra-mega giving me fits while we were on the "fire road", and worked the whole way home... and is still working.  We were also trying out using our slider as a kick stand...  My buddy said his inclinometer read 40 degrees...  He'd have flopped if it weren't for the little slider bulge in front of the rear fender:

And, yes, my son is shy like me...  NOT!!!!  He likes to ham it up when there's an audience, and he was in rare form at Loon Lake.  Ironically the song by Sir Mixalot called "Baby got back" came on the radio at some point for some strange reason, and my son's busted into hysterics... instantly I had the below shot flash in my head...
I don't care if you laugh with me or at me, just laugh!!!

'97 4Runner, SAS'ed, cstm cougarfreak exo n traction bar,  YJ rears military wrapped w/ waggy main in front, Chevy 63's rear, King res. shocks & air bumps, Detroit locked D60 35sp chromo rear, '81 Waggy front D44 , chromo n superjoints, 35" BFG mud KM, Marlin 2.28 dual, twinned

http://www.cougarfreakphoto.com/index.php?ShowPage=4Runner

BudKing

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 64
  • Member since Jun '02
  • Whos Marlin Crawler!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Jun 25, 2008, 11:35:35 AM »

toyspider81

• Offline Rock Master
  • Male Posts: 161
  • Member since Jun '06
  • 81 Toyota "The Spider"
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Jun 25, 2008, 03:48:42 PM »
more pic's
RUN IT!!!

Steve_925 [OP]

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Feb '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Jun 25, 2008, 08:24:47 PM »
only trip planned is the round up

UA 342
STEAMFITTERS

ROCKO

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Sep '07
  • NOR-CAL WHEELIN
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Jun 26, 2008, 10:31:56 AM »
only trip planned is the round up
you are going before that i need to test out my 4.7 before the round up
with a lot of good stuff

F@$K CANCER

yota_kid

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Apr '08
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Jun 26, 2008, 11:13:53 AM »
kinda soon, but im going to try to make it up on the 4th. im already going to have my truck up there so why not?
F.B.M
93 xtended cab spool with 5.29's and aussie locker & 5.29 up front, dual stock marlin cases, 38" tsl, marlin hy-steer, sas, allpro t-case break and long travel springs frame bobbed 17" rear axle moved  forward 11" from stock, custom flat bed and soon to get exo

ROCKO

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Sep '07
  • NOR-CAL WHEELIN
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Jun 26, 2008, 11:18:09 AM »
kinda soon, but im going to try to make it up on the 4th. im already going to have my truck up there so why not?
:yesnod: could happen call me later
with a lot of good stuff

F@$K CANCER

yota_kid

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Apr '08
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Jun 26, 2008, 11:37:48 AM »
will do
F.B.M