Author Topic: thank you marlincrawler.com  (Read 3244 times)

yota_krawler

• Cody Hunter
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 5
  • Male Posts: 3,379
  • Member since Oct '06
  • proud parent!!!
    • View Profile
thank you marlincrawler.com
« on: May 14, 2008, 09:13:18 PM »
I just wanted to let everyone know how thankful I am for this site. Any questions, problems, or just plain drawing a blank. Whatever the situation if I post I get helpful replies. On that note I bought a 87 s10 pickup 4x4 long bed for a beater. It stoped running, so I did what the samething I did when I had my first problem with the yota, I joined a forum. They suck! it is no Marlincrawler. No help at all, I could join a volvo forum and get better help on my s10. So I just want to say THANKS!!!!  :thumbs:  :thumbs:  :thumbs:  :thumbs:  :thumbs: :turtle:  :turtle:  :turtle:  :turtle:  :turtle: 

IF YOU POST IT, THEY WILL COME...(the answers lol) :rofl2: Thats what I thought of when I re-read my post...
Tow Rig: 2006 GMC Sierra Crew Cab: lift and tires.
Wheeler: 1985 Toyota 4runner Semi Built: project http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=89681.msg1013539#msg1013539

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
Re: thank you marlincrawler.com
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2008, 09:23:24 PM »
So what's wrong with an S-10? Better than a stinkin' Ford.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

yota_krawler [OP]

• Cody Hunter
  • Member since Oct '06
  • proud parent!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2008, 10:16:36 PM »
wow this sure turned. This is what I posted on the other forum

I have an 87 2.8 tbi and the injectors were clogged, so i changed them and now it runs like s&*t and I dont know why. It idles really high and when you give it throttle it wont rev up it just wants to die and backfire. It cought on fire twice from a o-ring gas leak, when it backfired there was a small flame. I got it out and now the gas gauge doesnt work. I know it burned some kind of wire but I am not sure what. So if there is any info you guys can give me that would be greatly appreciated! Thanks Cody

then I posted

I got it started and it ran, however I had to change the two conections that go on top of the injectors. I put it all back together and it is only spaying gas out of the right injector. I pulled the o ring out of the left one, put it back together and gas was shootin out. So I put the o ring back in and nothing. So i changed that injector, still no gas. Changed it 3 times with 3 differant injectors and still no gas. There is no way that 4 injectors could all be plugged. So now I am still at a loss.

Wheeler: 1985 Toyota 4runner Semi Built: project http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=89681.msg1013539#msg1013539

yota_krawler [OP]

• Cody Hunter
  • Member since Oct '06
  • proud parent!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2008, 10:47:17 PM »
GO HERE FOR THE ARGUING ABOUT S10 OR RANGER!!!!

http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=45723.new#new

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2008, 11:07:40 PM »
I just wanted to let everyone know how thankful I am for this site. Any questions, problems, or just plain drawing a blank. Whatever the situation if I post I get helpful replies. On that note I bought a 87 s10 pickup 4x4 long bed for a beater. It stoped running, so I did what the samething I did when I had my first problem with the yota, I joined a forum. They suck! it is no Marlincrawler. No help at all, I could join a volvo forum and get better help on my s10. So I just want to say THANKS!!!!  :thumbs:  :thumbs:  :thumbs:  :thumbs:  :thumbs: :turtle:  :turtle:  :turtle:  :turtle:  :turtle: 

IF YOU POST IT, THEY WILL COME...(the answers lol) :rofl2: Thats what I thought of when I re-read my post...

Aside from the whole buying an S10 thing, 

I AGREE!!!   :turtle:
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

yota_krawler [OP]

• Cody Hunter
  • Member since Oct '06
  • proud parent!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2008, 11:34:19 PM »
thanks blackdog!  :turtle:

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2008, 09:05:16 AM »
So that's what this thread is about, :hahaha:

I love it here for the same reasons, even the most newbiest of questions get answered, maybe a little ribbing along the way but we will still tell you what that 710 cap is for.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you