Author Topic: To sale or sell???  (Read 9847 times)

fordh8r

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 850
  • Male Posts: 2,588
  • Member since Jan '07
  • when my toyota grows up it'll be just like my chevy!
    • View Profile
Re: To sale or sell???
« Reply #30 on: Apr 22, 2008, 02:34:12 PM »
But Brondo has electrolytes, plants crave electrolytes
:gap: :rofl:

jimbo74

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Apr 22, 2008, 02:48:33 PM »
i want duel cases in my truck
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

NorCalToy

• Official Super Badass
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 77
  • Male Posts: 2,472
  • Member since Jun '07
  • IFS no longer! - Member #8342
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #32 on: Apr 23, 2008, 09:02:12 PM »
its a pregnant dog when friends txt me and they spell the :pokinit: so wack that i cant read what the heck theyre saying, i try to spell stuff correctly for the sake of everybody who might read, sometimes in a txt ill abbreviate "u" for you" or similar because of the limited space allowed. otherwise i try and spell everything grammatically correctly, but ive always kicked ass at spelling. i usually leave out the ' in words like dont because its not worth putting in and is still spelled correctly. this is the whole reason i bought a phone with a full key board...

also i dont usually shift for the beginning of sentences...maybe you noticed?
:willynilly: '89 truck SAS sittin on 35's, Tacoma rear axle w/ E-Locker, welded front

kneedownnate - You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable

iɹǝʌo ǝɯ ııoɹ sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

:flamer: IFS

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Apr 23, 2008, 09:08:28 PM »
its a pregnant dog when friends txt me and they spell the :pokinit: so wack that i cant read what the heck theyre saying, i try to spell stuff correctly for the sake of everybody who might read, sometimes in a txt ill abbreviate "u" for you" or similar because of the limited space allowed. otherwise i try and spell everything grammatically correctly, but ive always kicked ass at spelling. i usually leave out the ' in words like dont because its not worth putting in and is still spelled correctly. this is the whole reason i bought a phone with a full key board...

also i dont usually shift for the beginning of sentences...maybe you noticed?

um, just for your information, text is spelled with an e, not just txt.  :gap:  Also, that ' is pretty important.  dont is not a word, it doesn't exist.  don't is a contraction for do not.  without the apostrophe, it doesn't make it a contraction, it doesn't make it a word.  :gap:
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

NorCalToy

• Official Super Badass
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #34 on: Apr 23, 2008, 09:28:17 PM »
um, just for your information, text is spelled with an e, not just txt.  :gap:  Also, that ' is pretty important.  dont is not a word, it doesn't exist.  don't is a contraction for do not.  without the apostrophe, it doesn't make it a contraction, it doesn't make it a word.  :gap:
thanks DR. BLAKCDOG :thumbs

i spell txt like the phone companies spell it and i clearly clarified that i dont like apostrophes.

plus, im only 15, who cares how i spell?
ill tell you who, nobody thats who!
except of course you.
:willynilly: '89 truck SAS sittin on 35's, Tacoma rear axle w/ E-Locker, welded front

kneedownnate - You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable

kneedownnate [OP]

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Apr 23, 2008, 09:36:36 PM »
I care too buddy  :therethere:  :gap:  You may be able to relate to this;  when something comes up at work and I don't know the answer, or got the wrong answer, I reply  "what the hell do you expect, I grew up in weaverville!".
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: Apr 23, 2008, 09:39:29 PM »
thanks DR. BLAKCDOG :thumbs

i spell txt like the phone companies spell it and i clearly clarified that i dont like apostrophes.

except of course you.

:headshake:  

Personally I don't give a darn how you spell.  I occasionally mispell words myself.  Unfortunately, poor grammer and punctuation lends to the implication that people are of less than average intelligence, thusly degrading their chances of being chosen for careers, educational opportunities, and the like.  When first impressions are everything, and they are reflected poorly due to a lack of consideration for the fine details, the end results are usually less than satisfactory.  

How's that for doctor :hahaha:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

-Ronald Reagan

KDXSR5

• Poser Shot Extraordinaire
  • Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 61
  • Male Posts: 2,812
  • Member since Dec '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Apr 23, 2008, 09:50:38 PM »

I saw humor in this... did no one else see humor in this? Maybe I am just wierd.

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Apr 23, 2008, 09:58:58 PM »
I saw humor in this... did no one else see humor in this? Maybe I am just wierd.

:thumbs: thats how it was intended

-Ronald Reagan

te51levin

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 130
  • Member since Jan '07
  • Grumpy, but pretty good at it
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Apr 23, 2008, 10:05:53 PM »
except of course you.
If you want to deliver pizza or sell used cars all your life, nobody will care; everyone will expect very little of you.  But really - you're 15 and you can't spell "text"?  Or worse, perhaps you choose to spell it incorrectly?  The phone company's not spelling it that way.  They're abbreviating it, or maybe using that misspelling as a trade name or something.  Every word gets a vowel...

Perception is important.  Intelligence is important.  Perception of intelligence is important.

fordh8r

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Jan '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Apr 23, 2008, 10:44:56 PM »
  :psss: Also, if you spell the word "I", without capitalizing, it is misspelled, sorry to say.  It's OK  :therethere:, you can use the shift button once in a while...we don't mind.  :biggthumpup:

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Apr 23, 2008, 10:46:29 PM »
  :psss: Also, if you spell the word "I", without capitalizing, it is misspelled, sorry to say.  It's OK  :therethere:, you can use the shift button once in a while...we don't mind.  :biggthumpup:

That's pretty sorry...if you can't spell a one letter word correctly.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Apr 23, 2008, 10:51:47 PM »
If you want to deliver pizza or sell used cars all your life, nobody will care; everyone will expect very little of you.  But really - you're 15 and you can't spell "text"?  Or worse, perhaps you choose to spell it incorrectly?  The phone company's not spelling it that way.  They're abbreviating it, or maybe using that misspelling as a trade name or something.  Every word gets a vowel...

Perception is important.  Intelligence is important.  Perception of intelligence is important.

If you're 15 and still in school, you ought to be better at it than the old farts (me). Who cares? You should, you might be the brightest person in the world, but if you can't effectively convey your thoughts and ideas to another person, it is for nought.

Look at Congress...not a gathering of the best and brightest our nation has to offer (imho)...but, because they speak well, they are mistaken for intelligent people.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

te51levin

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Jan '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Apr 23, 2008, 11:24:21 PM »
Look at Congress...not a gathering of the best and brightest our nation has to offer (imho)...but, because they speak well, they are mistaken for intelligent people.
Bah!  There's a zinger.

Oh snap - I'm wasting my life here.  Forget this mess, I'm running for Congress!

kneedownnate [OP]

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Apr 23, 2008, 11:45:14 PM »
I'd run, but I'd get kicked out for calling somebody (read: democrat) a no talent ass-clown...  :_oops:
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

te51levin

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Jan '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: Apr 23, 2008, 11:55:41 PM »
If only life were that simple, Nate.  It ain't even close.  Kinda funny how the poor working stiffs seem to always get behind the rich guys who make sure that they stay rich and the poor working stiffs stay poor.  I could turn this into a political discussion, but I think I'll just quote Dave Barry and save some time:
The Democrats seem to be basically nicer people, but they have demonstrated time and again that they have the management skills of celery. They're the kind of people who'd stop to help you change a flat, but would somehow manage to set your car on fire. I would be reluctant to entrust them with a Cuisinart, let alone the economy. The Republicans, on the other hand, would know how to fix your tire, but they wouldn't bother to stop because they'd want to be on time for Ugly Pants Night at the country club.

fordh8r

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Jan '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Apr 24, 2008, 12:00:22 AM »
 :funny: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Apr 24, 2008, 05:27:24 AM »

The 9968 Marlin members that have to try and decipher  :talkingn:
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

fordh8r

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Jan '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Apr 24, 2008, 07:57:10 AM »

:werd:

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Apr 24, 2008, 12:51:17 PM »

:werd: we can only tolerate one uncj speaker at a time :gap:

-Ronald Reagan

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Apr 24, 2008, 01:01:22 PM »
If only life were that simple, Nate.  It ain't even close.  Kinda funny how the poor working stiffs seem to always get behind the rich guys who make sure that they stay rich and the poor working stiffs stay poor.  I could turn this into a political discussion, but I think I'll just quote Dave Barry and save some time:
The Democrats seem to be basically nicer people, but they have demonstrated time and again that they have the management skills of celery. They're the kind of people who'd stop to help you change a flat, but would somehow manage to set your car on fire. I would be reluctant to entrust them with a Cuisinart, let alone the economy. The Republicans, on the other hand, would know how to fix your tire, but they wouldn't bother to stop because they'd want to be on time for Ugly Pants Night at the country club.

Go ahead and start a political thread...'cause your quote is the biggest load of crap I've ever heard!

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Apr 24, 2008, 01:02:53 PM »

:werd: we can only tolerate one uncj speaker at a time :gap:

Only decorum kept me from saying that in my post last night.
« Last Edit: Apr 24, 2008, 01:33:22 PM by abnormaltoy »

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

Stocker

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 962
  • Male Posts: 173
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Since 1977
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Apr 24, 2008, 08:43:43 PM »
Go ahead and start a political thread...'cause your quote is the biggest load of crap I've ever heard!
It's known as humor...  The author, Dave Barry, is a syndicated humorist...  Humor is often based, even loosely, on bits of reality...  but it is intended to be humorous.  Sorry you didn't see the humor.

Like fordh8r (and maybe a few others), I thought it was funny!!
My goal in life is to be as a good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

If you don't learn something every day, you're not paying attention.

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Apr 24, 2008, 09:13:23 PM »
It's known as humor...  The author, Dave Barry, is a syndicated humorist...  Humor is often based, even loosely, on bits of reality...  but it is intended to be humorous.  Sorry you didn't see the humor.

Like fordh8r (and maybe a few others), I thought it was funny!!

Don't pop a vein bubba, I was laughing my ass off picturing John Kerry or Ted Kennedy stopping to help someone fix a tire. Perhaps I should have put a smiley at the end!  :greengrin:

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

Stocker

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 962
  • Male Posts: 173
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Since 1977
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: Apr 25, 2008, 05:44:38 AM »
It's all good, no veins popping here...  I may have misread you, it can be hard to interpret moods online!    :greengrin:
My goal in life is to be as a good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

If you don't learn something every day, you're not paying attention.

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Apr 25, 2008, 06:47:45 AM »
It's all good, no veins popping here...  I may have misread you, it can be hard to interpret moods online!    :greengrin:

I guess that's why some genius invented the smiley!

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

WHITE_TRASH

• Turtle Points: 679
  • Member since Feb '03
  • Don't blame me, I didn't vote for this crap.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Apr 25, 2008, 09:19:10 AM »
except of course you.

So when you go out looking for work and start filling out job applications and form for college your going to spell the same way as you learned by texting?  Its much easier to learn correctly and use it than it is to start filling out papers and have to stop and think how the hell to spell words right so you don't look like a complete moron with no education. ;)

Its all about not looking like a retard...  Your generation will have to learn one way or another and I just don'[t have super high hopes for the future as of yet... Prove me wrong please.

« Last Edit: Apr 25, 2008, 03:45:20 PM by WHITE_TRASH »
Full hydro, 186:1 with an auto and 44's what could go wrong??

NorCalToy

• Official Super Badass
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #57 on: Apr 25, 2008, 01:41:35 PM »
sorry for the confusion here, i meant that more as a joke, i don't usually spell things incorrectly and try to exercise my vocabulary, it's just that sometimes when I'm online i don't really see the full need to have have very single thing spelled absolutely correctly. if I'm writing a paper for a school report i don't ever use the spell check function until i have completely given up on knowing how to spell a word. I can spell things correctly and usually do, i meant that more as a joke, sorry for the confusion.

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Apr 25, 2008, 04:01:26 PM »
sorry for the confusion here, i meant that more as a joke, i don't usually spell things incorrectly and try to exercise my vocabulary, it's just that sometimes when I'm online i don't really see the full need to have have very single thing spelled absolutely correctly. if I'm writing a paper for a school report i don't ever use the spell check function until i have completely given up on knowing how to spell a word. I can spell things correctly and usually do, i meant that more as a joke, sorry for the confusion.

don't worry, its just a buncha old farts trying to get in their :twocents: wherever they can :gap:  You know how old people are :hahaha:

:psss:  just don't get abnormaltoy started about how he had to walk uphill both ways to school in the snow, barefoot. 

-Ronald Reagan

NorCalToy

• Official Super Badass
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #59 on: Apr 25, 2008, 04:15:17 PM »
don't worry, its just a buncha old farts trying to get in their :twocents: wherever they can :gap:  You know how old people are :hahaha:

:psss:  just don't get abnormaltoy started about how he had to walk uphill both ways to school in the snow, barefoot. 
yea, i just thought you guys were gettin real serious on me or something :disturbed: