Author Topic: New toy for me!!  (Read 1495 times)

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1346
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
New toy for me!!
« on: Mar 06, 2008, 10:21:40 PM »
Well, I wanted to get a larger grill for the summer.  I got a small weber grill that I love, but it is getting too small to really cook on for the family.  So, I had been looking around on prices for a next size up weber grill!  Well, they wanted $80+ for them, and right next to the one I was looking at, was this killer one!  I was amazed at the price for it.  So, I debated for a couple of days, and decided what the hell, I want it.  So, I got this bad boy, and it's not a Treager!  I got this for $120!  :beerchug:

I've got to season the grills, and I'll be ready to grill some serious meat!  I'm gonna get the side smoker box for traditional BBQing!  Which my step mom is getting for my birthday!!   :thumbs:
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

Hammerhead

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 100
  • Male Posts: 564
  • Member since Nov '04
  • Junkyard Dog
    • View Profile
Re: New toy for me!!
« Reply #1 on: Mar 06, 2008, 10:36:08 PM »
Nice!  Me likes BBQ.  :meal:
'82 pickup, +3, locked, doubled
'82 pickup, IFS long travel, V8
'85 4runner, V8 rock crawler
'88 X-cab, V6

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Mar 06, 2008, 11:14:48 PM »
ribs  :meal: :hyper:
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Mar 06, 2008, 11:24:02 PM »
I'll take my steak medium rare :gap:
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

toyo487

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 162
  • Male Posts: 493
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Living life in Gods county
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Mar 07, 2008, 08:10:43 AM »
what is wrong with Treager (sp?)  They are awesome, plus I went to silverton High school and I had a on of the treager as a teacher, they are a nice family, and make a great product a bit pricey but great.  Your new one doos look nice thougt way better than mine, I hate mine.
1986 Toyota 4Runner 22re 5spd transmission and dual transfer cases (4.7’s in the rear). E-lockers front and rear.

2005 GMC Sierra diesel, compound turbo setup to pull.

God gave all people talents but the only one who can find them is you.

Cheesemaker [OP]

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since Sep '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Mar 07, 2008, 07:23:38 PM »
Treagers are nice, but they are a pellet style smoker/bbq.  I'm a briquet man!  That and this grill is about 1/8th the price of a base model Treager.  Treager had loaned us one for outdoor school last year and it was nice. 
This one!! http://www.traegercommercial.com/commercial/smk200.cfm  But I didn't like the way the pellets cooked the meat.

I like gas grills, but not as much as Briquets.  It's all about the slow cook to seal in the flavor. 

In a couple weeks I'm gonna go and cut some apple, viny maple, and some oak for smoking later this summer!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

Hammerhead

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 100
  • Male Posts: 564
  • Member since Nov '04
  • Junkyard Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Mar 08, 2008, 12:21:04 AM »
That reminds me, I ran out of Mesquite last summer and the only area I know of to get it around here burned up in a forest fire last year...   :down:
'82 pickup, +3, locked, doubled
'82 pickup, IFS long travel, V8
'85 4runner, V8 rock crawler
'88 X-cab, V6

- Sales Employee -

freds40

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 293
  • Male Posts: 2,331
  • Member since Dec '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Mar 08, 2008, 07:17:19 AM »
Treagers are nice, but they are a pellet style smoker/bbq.  I'm a briquet man!  That and this grill is about 1/8th the price of a base model Treager.  Treager had loaned us one for outdoor school last year and it was nice. 
This one!! http://www.traegercommercial.com/commercial/smk200.cfm  But I didn't like the way the pellets cooked the meat.

I like gas grills, but not as much as Briquets.  It's all about the slow cook to seal in the flavor. 

In a couple weeks I'm gonna go and cut some apple, viny maple, and some oak for smoking later this summer!

Just throwing it out there but my father-in-law does bar-b-q competitions and his first outing he won a state competition for brisquet on a Traeger. He and his brother are Traeger dealers. They are starting to use the Fast Eddie's as they tend to regulate the heat within a degree or 2. The Traegers were within about 10 IIRC.
"between projects"

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #8 on: Mar 08, 2008, 02:37:06 PM »
Nice looking bbq Cheesy, I love ours it is a small Weber but there is only 4 of us.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

Cheesemaker [OP]

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since Sep '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Mar 09, 2008, 11:36:15 AM »
I used it last night, and it's gonna take me awhile to get the feel for it!  I got my little weber down, but it took me a while to get into the groove!  I just had leftover for brunch and the steak tastes wonderful.  :yesnod: