Author Topic: The Weather (which caused me too have no school)  (Read 5351 times)

NorCalToy

• Official Super Badass
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 77
  • Male Posts: 2,472
  • Member since Jun '07
  • IFS no longer! - Member #8342
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
The Weather (which caused me too have no school)
« on: Jan 31, 2008, 08:56:06 AM »
so right now in dunsmuir (96025) its kinda sorta blizzarding outside, which means school got canceled today. what is the weather everywhere else doing? is anybody in redding/chico gettin snow? or in the LA area again? :dunno:
:willynilly: '89 truck SAS sittin on 35's, Tacoma rear axle w/ E-Locker, welded front

kneedownnate - You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable

iɹǝʌo ǝɯ ııoɹ sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

:flamer: IFS

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
I woke up to a glaze of frost on my windshield. Right now it's 43* towards an expected high of 61*.

I love "winter" in the desert!
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

79coyotefrg

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
is was sleeting like crazy when i went to bed last night,  which  for south central Arkansas  is kinda rare
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

Rockcrawlintoy

• 4 doors for more whores
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 2147
  • Male Posts: 2,339
  • Member since Dec '03
  • RIP Kyle
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
so right now in dunsmuir (96025) its kinda sorta blizzarding outside, which means school got canceled today. what is the weather everywhere else doing? is anybody in redding/chico gettin snow? or in the LA area again? :dunno:

about the same here its nasty but i had school :(
Resident Jeep Guy
2007 JKU All Stock
ECV 7-11

Tice

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 881
  • Member since Feb '05
  • I named my son Wheeler!!!!
    • View Profile
I woke up to a glaze of frost on my windshield. Right now it's 43* towards an expected high of 61*.

I love "winter" in the desert!

gotta love Arizona!!! :yesnod:
I don't need a winch, I wheel a TOYOTA!!!!!!!

www.wheelingarizona.com

Gittinit

• throttle jockey!
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 28
  • Male Posts: 2,293
  • Member since Sep '06
  • out from under my rock, and ready to roll
    • View Profile
SNOW! Wahooooo! We only get snow like once or twice a year. I'm hoping we will get a little more, but it was 60* last week, so who knows.
Hug your kids, pray for a soldier, and don't sweat the small stuff.

my favorite places:
http://www.flatnasty.net/
http://www.orvpark.com/

– fortysixandtwo – sorry, i prefer marlin because aside from gittinit, no one is a know it all a hole

NorCalToy [OP]

• Official Super Badass
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
it has continued to blizzard here all day. we have gotten from 1.5 to 2 feet of light fluffy powdery snow. the kind thats really really sick when packed. hasnt let up much thru out the day.
:willynilly: '89 truck SAS sittin on 35's, Tacoma rear axle w/ E-Locker, welded front

kneedownnate - You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
gotta love Arizona!!! :yesnod:

I know. I was down in SV today and on the way home I drove through Sonoita and Elgin...God knew what he was doing when he made southern Arizona!
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
SNOW! Wahooooo! We only get snow like once or twice a year. I'm hoping we will get a little more, but it was 60* last week, so who knows.

We've got in made...it snows on the mountain tops and we don't have to shovel it or drive in it!

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

Ramrod

• smelling like vag and loving it
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: -59
  • Male Posts: 3,600
  • Member since Jan '05
  • fully bodied & Fully getting it
    • View Profile
been raining all day today, currently its pooring.  at 6am it was 46* which is 10* exactly warmer than what it has been the whole week so thats nice.  right now its 52.3* and dont want to get out of the house but have to

Stocker

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 962
  • Male Posts: 173
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Since 1977
    • View Profile
Snowed steady until about 2:30 pm or so (Weaverville) and should get more tonight...  well over a foot on the ground and considerably more in some areas outside town.  Not sure if Redding got snow this time, maybe Nate will check in later.
My goal in life is to be as a good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

If you don't learn something every day, you're not paying attention.

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
Lower half the windshield had slushy buildup on it when I went out to go to work this morning, inch or so of slushy buildup on the freeway as I began sliding toward the center divider (second day in a row I've slid on the way to work, but atleast today I didn't end up fully in the other lane :gap: ) and a couple/few inches when I got to work.  4th time it's snowed in about 10 days, but this was very wet compared to the much drier snow that fell a couple days ago.  I may actually have to break down and get chains soon if it keeps up, but hopefully I'll get a couple nice days over the weekend to slap the 4by back together.  I'm going to try and get in to the dmv tomorrow to get tags for the 4by also, just incase!
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

Yeagley

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 155
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
Im in Sacramento. Its been cold and raining like a pregnant dog. My mom lives in Colfax and has snow.

ninja turtle

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 38
  • Male Posts: 1,072
  • Member since Sep '07
    • View Profile
im in truckee and it will not stop snowing. the berms on my driveway are about 5ft.

THK Matt

• 96ZJ v8
  • Turtle Points: -415
  • Male Posts: 4,823
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a drink
STATE OF EMERGANCY! in my area :disturbed:
2007 GMC Yukon SLT Daily
5.3L V8, 3.5in Lift, 33X10.5R18 Toyo MTs, Vision Rocker 18x9s powdercoated Mountain Blue Transparent over Speedboat Aluminum

2010 Chevy Tahoe LT Wife's Daily
5.3L V8, 6in Lift, 35s, AMP power steps

2016 Ford F250 XLT CCLB Work/Business Truck
6.2L V8

2001 Ford F350 Lariat CCLB Work/Business Truck
7.3L Powerstroke w/ Banks Turbo

Instagram @ taytershubby13

Toymin8r

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 50
  • Male Posts: 929
  • Member since Dec '07
    • View Profile
We don't get much deep snow here in Missouri.  We got 8.5" last night and the whole city of St. Louis seems to shutdown.   I think that's all the news has talked about this morning.
YOU ONLY NEED TWO TOOLS IN LIFE - WD-40 AND DUCT TAPE. IF IT DOESN'T MOVE
AND SHOULD, USE THE WD-40. IF IT SHOULDN'T MOVE AND DOES, USE THE DUCT TAPE.

IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU HAVE AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.

BeccaLoo24 – i can toss grown men.... so dont doubt me

THK Matt

• 96ZJ v8
  • Turtle Points: -415
  • Male Posts: 4,823
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a drink
We don't get much deep snow here in Missouri.  We got 8.5" last night and the whole city of St. Louis seems to shutdown.   I think that's all the news has talked about this morning.

:yikes: thats weak sauce
2007 GMC Yukon SLT Daily
5.3L V8, 3.5in Lift, 33X10.5R18 Toyo MTs, Vision Rocker 18x9s powdercoated Mountain Blue Transparent over Speedboat Aluminum

2010 Chevy Tahoe LT Wife's Daily
5.3L V8, 6in Lift, 35s, AMP power steps

2016 Ford F250 XLT CCLB Work/Business Truck
6.2L V8

2001 Ford F350 Lariat CCLB Work/Business Truck
7.3L Powerstroke w/ Banks Turbo

Instagram @ taytershubby13

NorCalToy [OP]

• Official Super Badass
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
we got another 6in or so overnight and im goin up to the park today, supposed top get 10 - 14in thru out the day.

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
It's dropping a rain/slush mix right now in the valley.  I just wasted an hour waiting in the line of cars and they wouldn't let me through without chains or 4wd :maddest:  There's like an inch of slush on the ground, I made it in 2-3" of the same just a couple days ago :headscratch:  I found some chains on craigslist, gonna go buy them and take the frontage road around all the traffic :burnout:
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

Stocker

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Since 1977
    • View Profile
It was nice to have a break yesterday, most of the roads got cleared...  When I got up this morning at 6:20, it was snowing and we had about an inch of fresh stuff.  Been snowing all day and over 5" now, and no end in sight until Monday.  I shoveled the berm (from the snowplow) at the end of the driveway -- twice -- and the plow just went by again, so I'm headed back out to throw the stuff back into the street...    :shake:

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
Nice!  I just got home a half hour ago from work  ::)  I was supposed to make up 2.75 hours I missed the other day, ended up working 11.5 hours instead  :tantrum:  They told me I could stay as long as I wanted, go into double time if I wanted to.  Luckily it stopped snowing and I was able to leave a couple hours later.  I'm pretty much tired of the snow at this point!  That's 6 days in about 2 weeks, usually don't get snow but maybe once or twice a year.
RIP KYOTA

NorCalToy [OP]

• Official Super Badass
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
your tired of snow? we have something real close to 4feet here. none of the roads are very wide. some not even enough to get full size truck through. the plow keeps piling up the berm so its close to 5 feet tall. the berms at the corners of streets are usually 8+ feet tall.

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
Yes, I'm tired of snow!  I'm tired of the upper management asking why we're not keeping up with boat refurb, then pulling us off our jobs to work snow watch 2 days a week!  I'm also tired of my feet being wet shortly after getting to work, then hurting like a sombitch when I finally get home and take off my wet boots.  You're probably getting a more powdery snow, but we get this watered down crap.

Yes, I'm tired of snow! 
RIP KYOTA

ninja turtle

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 38
  • Male Posts: 1,072
  • Member since Sep '07
    • View Profile
yeah...me too.

NorCalToy [OP]

• Official Super Badass
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
yea, up here its pow, usually its really wet and sloppy.

NorCalToy [OP]

• Official Super Badass
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
i miss the snow :down: I LVOE SNOW. espicially since this year ill be able to drive in it... :yupyup: i think its fun!

red

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 199
  • Male Posts: 1,616
  • Member since Jan '05
  • irish redhead texan, interesting combo
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
lol snow whats that? mid 90's with 90+% humidity and i'm outside everyday for school, dang did i stink today after class!
read and comment :whip:

USAF EOD tech

Stocker

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Since 1977
    • View Profile
Right now I'd be delighted to have more snow.  Smoke has been so thick for the past month or so...  We had one clear day about a week ago, many many days less than 1/4 mile visibility.  Eventually they gotta run out of stuff to backburn cough cough hack gag   :ack:

NorCalToy [OP]

• Official Super Badass
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
Right now I'd be delighted to have more snow.  Smoke has been so thick for the past month or so...  We had one clear day about a week ago, many many days less than 1/4 mile visibility.  Eventually they gotta run out of stuff to backburn cough cough hack gag   :ack:
it hasnt been as bad up here n the north parts, but there were a few days i opted to just stay inside rather than deal with tthat crap.

Stocker

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Since 1977
    • View Profile
I don't have that option -- I work outside...