Author Topic: Lets not forget Lawn Darts!  (Read 9134 times)

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
Re: Lets not forget Lawn Darts!
« Reply #60 on: Jan 08, 2008, 09:59:59 AM »
Did you ever see the toy cigs that actually smoked? I played with both the candy and the toy ones, I have never smoked cigarettes so they didn't affect me?
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: Jan 08, 2008, 10:01:47 AM »
:hahaha:  I remember getting those in my halloween candy when I was younger.  My dad looked at me, goes "these aren't going to make you want to smoke are they?" "no dad"  "ok, but don't eat them all at once"
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: Jan 08, 2008, 10:03:43 AM »
those are what got me smoking real ones...Im almost sure of it :smoke:

It was the weed that got me smoking cigs.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1363
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: Jan 08, 2008, 11:26:30 AM »
 :rivers:
Back when life was simple! 

Don't forget the popcorn ceiling covering that was made of asbestos! 
This was in the day that kids would want bikes, bb guns and slingshots.  Only the rich could afford Atari and pong.  I remember when I was 11 or 12 I wanted a bb gun, but for x-mas I got a box of .22 shells and a single shot .22, and off I went to my buddies house, walking along the hwy to go shoot something! 
You had two options of bikes, boys or girls!  And all bikes had ape hangers, handle bar tassles and banana seats.  We were gone all day, unless you were hungry and your parents knew you were ok!  Nobody locked the doors.  Cars that had sharp points all over them, and lots, and lots of chrome! 

Oh! we are also forgetting about leaded gas!! 
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: Jan 08, 2008, 11:30:08 AM »

Don't forget the popcorn ceiling covering that was made of asbestos! 
that reminds me of my house growing up...my bedroom had burnt orange color shag carpet that was like 5 inches long.

A lot of people dont realize that u CANT vacuum shag carpet this long. My room actually came with a "carpet" rake. Kinda weird...aint never seen one since
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since Sep '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: Jan 08, 2008, 12:43:51 PM »
I used to rake our carpet when I was little!  As a matter of fact, the carpet is still in my house!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

JanMarie13

• Queen Cookie Monster
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 924
  • Female Posts: 415
  • Member since Jan '06
  • Mmm....Tacos!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: Jan 09, 2008, 10:56:01 AM »
We were gone all day, unless you were hungry and your parents knew you were ok!  Nobody locked the doors. 

Isn't that the truth!!  I remember in the summer time my mom actually had to go driving all over town to find us because it was way after dark and we still hadn't come home....we were out ramming around on our bikes with all of the other neighborhood kids.  Thooose were the days.  And we were the last people I knew of to get a Nintendo.  haha
RIP Kyle, we love and miss you man.  :smooch:
thanks for the smooch I miss you too !  :yesnod:

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since Sep '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: Jan 09, 2008, 11:38:10 AM »
My dad hooked up an airhorn to the shop.  When it was dinner time he would toot it!  That's how we knew it was time to come home.