Author Topic: Getting ready for the marlin 10 degree doubler....  (Read 2084 times)

bayouhazard

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Nov '07
    • View Profile
Getting ready for the marlin 10 degree doubler....
« on: Nov 25, 2007, 07:05:33 PM »
   Once I get the flat belly I am afraid that I will need to go to high pinion in the front to keep the driveshaft happy.  Does anyone run this setup and do you have hi pinion?  I really want the flat belly, but don't have the cash to go hi pinion.  And I don't want to pull my junk apart if I'm gonna be down forever........I can probably lower the front an inch or two, but no more.  What about cut and turn the knuckles?  Will that give me enough?
80 pickup swb, 4.3, 700r4, marlin 10 degree doubler, frt+rr 60's w/ 7.17's, full hydro, flat belly'd, 42 irocs, 17" mickey's w/ trailready's.

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
you can  weld  degree shims  to the axle  then  cut and turn the knuckles  that will help alot
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

MiniSimp

• Outdoor Enthusiast
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Male Posts: 5,120
  • Member since Jan '05
  • SimpsonBrothers.net
    • View Profile
    • Simpson Brothers Photography
Can you form your statement in the form of a question?

I have the 10* clocked adapter.
The driveshaft will need to be lengthened.
You will need to build a custom crossmember for a flatbelly and you will need either a 2" body lift, or cut out your floor to achieve one.
I'm running a double cardan shaft in the front with the large joint up top. In the rear a regular CV shaft.
I'm not running high pinion because having duals eases your shaft angle anyways.
I don't understand why you would need to cut and turn your knuckles unless your suspension geometry is incorrect.

bayouhazard [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Nov '07
    • View Profile
Well right now my driveshaft is border line binding with the single case.  The case will only move back 6 1/2 inches, but it will move up quite a bit.  I think that right now I am sitting at about 4-5 inches of lift.  I think I'm gonna pull a leaf in the front to get it down a little.  The body is already thrashed so I don't mind cutting the fenders more.....Just looking who else was running the 10 degree doubler and how everything fit.  I will be cutting the floorboard, as I hate body lifts.
80 pickup swb, 4.3, 700r4, marlin 10 degree doubler, frt+rr 60's w/ 7.17's, full hydro, flat belly'd, 42 irocs, 17" mickey's w/ trailready's.

OOPS

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 1304
  • Male Posts: 2,561
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
6.5 inches changes the d-line angle a lot.

Here are some pics of the 10 degree x-member that is going into Erik B's 97 runner that he is building to replace his beat 88 runner.

David & Theresa Fritzsche, 1990 Ex-Cab with a few mods!!!!!!!!! Roseville, CA Sobriety =Serenity

bayouhazard [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Nov '07
    • View Profile
Is there a pattern anywhere out there on the net of that rear crossmember?  My buddy has a cnc plasma.  I found a pattern for a sammi skid plate that we made.  Sure would save some time.  Was the one in the picture made or bought?

OOPS

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 1304
  • Male Posts: 2,561
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
Is there a pattern anywhere out there on the net of that rear crossmember?  My buddy has a cnc plasma.  I found a pattern for a sammi skid plate that we made.  Sure would save some time.  Was the one in the picture made or bought?

Not that I know of. Erik got that from FROR

http://frontrangeoffroadfab.com/nfoscomm/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=35&osCsid=53bb0f3825b1ff96bf6ffc0c05c1c0c1

and the t-case brake from All-Pro

http://www.allprooffroad.com/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=33

Then he modified to his specs.
David & Theresa Fritzsche, 1990 Ex-Cab with a few mods!!!!!!!!! Roseville, CA Sobriety =Serenity