Author Topic: DC Fab Tacoma. gotrocks TACO LIBRE *Lots of updates 2-18-08*  (Read 30670 times)

snowshoebrue

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 447
  • Male Posts: 1,152
  • Member since Jun '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile

those brush piles looks like they would be a good ski jump.  your truck looks good. 

lilbuddy

• Dried Fruit Warrior
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: -234
  • Male Posts: 5,720
  • Member since Aug '04
  • Hella....
    • View Profile

btw LB does your truck have much bump steer with your caster angle.  I hate having the shackle mount under the axle but there is nothing that I can do about that.  I hope I reduce the darting that it has.  Its not really scary but enough that I wouldn't want my wife driving it yet.  I have some caster shims but when I put them in my leaf springs touched the tierod. 

Nah it doesnt. I do have some bump steer but its from the bias 40s.... When I have radials on it just cruises with no hands on the freeway 75+. Hell even with the 40s at 75+ it still goes straight with no hands but around 35 if im on a bumpy ass road it will go all over but its only from the 40s...

I dont know if you remember but my knuckles were also rotated 8*
RIP Kyota.... you are the man

GET IT!!!

gotrocks [OP]

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 107
  • Male Posts: 2,653
  • Member since Dec '04
  • FLOOR IT!!
    • View Profile
oh yeah I forgot that you knuckles were rotated.  I need to do something about mine. 

I flexed the Taco Libre out yesterday on an RTI ramp and I found out that my tie rod touches the pass side at full stuff on the drivers side.  I really hate leaf springs.  My springs also sagging now WAY more than they are suppose to and my 4 inch marlin springs are flat.  This is the 3rd set of springs I've had go bad on me in only 2 runs.  It pissed me off so much that I really wish now that I would've just linked the truck.  I know that I properly mounted my springs and factored in the length at full compression and what not so I don't see why on earth these springs suck so bad.  My rear springs are just fine but for some reason each set I've had up front just doesn't work.  My shock wouldn't let them go past flat so I know that they aren't getting over flexed. 

Anyone else had this problem?

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
oh yeah I forgot that you knuckles were rotated.  I need to do something about mine. 

I flexed the Taco Libre out yesterday on an RTI ramp and I found out that my tie rod touches the pass side at full stuff on the drivers side.  I really hate leaf springs.  My springs also sagging now WAY more than they are suppose to and my 4 inch marlin springs are flat.  This is the 3rd set of springs I've had go bad on me in only 2 runs.  It pissed me off so much that I really wish now that I would've just linked the truck.  I know that I properly mounted my springs and factored in the length at full compression and what not so I don't see why on earth these springs suck so bad.  My rear springs are just fine but for some reason each set I've had up front just doesn't work.  My shock wouldn't let them go past flat so I know that they aren't getting over flexed. 

Anyone else had this problem?

are they the US or IMPORT springs?

RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

gotrocks [OP]

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Dec '04
  • FLOOR IT!!
    • View Profile
Here are the flex shots.  Nothing extreme but not horrible really.  That long wheelbase is something I'm still getting use too.

Sorry these are cell phone pics but its all I had at the moment

as you can see here my shock won't let the spring compress any further.  I'm going to put bump stops on but until then I figured that the shock would be ok as long as I wasn't bajaing around.

Here is the contact between the tie rod and the spring.  I might buy a flat pitman are which would bring the tierod up some but when I steer it to the right it would still contact I think

Here his is the shackle angle at full stuff on the drivers side.

gotrocks [OP]

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Dec '04
  • FLOOR IT!!
    • View Profile
are they the US or IMPORT springs?

They are my second set of US springs.  They are the betts springs.  Says right on the spring clamp even.

The last time I called Marlin up about getting these spring after my first set of US ones went crap they told me that they weren't going to warrentee any more sets.  This set I had sitting around for about a year now and from what I understand were the "redesigned" set.  The white 85 truck that is in the earlier pictures wheeling with me had the same problem and he's on his 3rd set too.  So between the 2 of us we've had 6 sets of springs 5 of those being bad.  His do seem to be working though or now.

toybuilt

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: -275
  • Male Posts: 1,116
  • Member since Feb '05
  • toy + chevy = Toy-vie
    • View Profile
Wow, all of your toys always turnout so damn good. Right on  :biggthumpup:
2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road

1983 Toyota Turned Chevy

Treat every day like its your last, because you never know when your time is up. In loving memory of Judstin.

gotrocks [OP]

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Dec '04
  • FLOOR IT!!
    • View Profile
Wow, all of your toys always turnout so damn good. Right on  :biggthumpup:

Thanks I take a lot of pride in my work.

ToYocRawleR

• Gettin' Loose!!
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 3
  • Male Posts: 3,110
  • Member since Oct '05
  • The Homie!!!
    • View Profile
dang nice flex!
-
Rigs:
05 F-250 Powerstroke
93 RunneR ...Build-up  http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=85644.0

fortysixandtwo - I drove through Dunsmuir once I dont think anything there is "super nice"
Just kidding man. I guess there is, its your bed

gotrocks [OP]

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Dec '04
  • FLOOR IT!!
    • View Profile
dang nice flex!

You really think so?  I guess I'm used to my buggy which is a flex monster. 

Doof

• Turtle Points: 41
  • Male Posts: 3,205
  • Member since Apr '07
  • establised summer of 89
    • View Profile

THK Matt

• 96ZJ v8
  • Turtle Points: -415
  • Male Posts: 4,823
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a drink
2007 GMC Yukon SLT Daily
5.3L V8, 3.5in Lift, 33X10.5R18 Toyo MTs, Vision Rocker 18x9s powdercoated Mountain Blue Transparent over Speedboat Aluminum

2010 Chevy Tahoe LT Wife's Daily
5.3L V8, 6in Lift, 35s, AMP power steps

2016 Ford F250 XLT CCLB Work/Business Truck
6.2L V8

2001 Ford F350 Lariat CCLB Work/Business Truck
7.3L Powerstroke w/ Banks Turbo

Instagram @ taytershubby13

topar

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 1,909
  • Member since Aug '06
  • One Toyota + One Mopar = Topar
    • View Profile
Man I want a buggy!

twistedtoy92

• Turtle Points: -255
  • Male Posts: 3,781
  • Member since Dec '06
  • NFM Customs
    • View Profile
 :beer: sick truck!!!!!  :driving: makes me hungry for a Taco! LOL! and a buggy too!!!    :beerchug:
2005 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro 380 AWHP @ 24psi
1993 Toyota Pickup http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=72886.msg866982#msg866982
1992 Toyota Pickup http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=49319.msg616251#msg616251
1985 4runner http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=60737.msg745263#msg745263

"TRIPLE CASES GETS YOU LAID." -BigMike

"I daily drive this thang everyday." (swapped89)