Author Topic: pic resize?????  (Read 2179 times)

porkchop

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 630
  • Member since Jun '07
  • Yeah 2 @ 1 time
    • View Profile
pic resize?????
« on: Sep 12, 2007, 08:40:30 PM »
Could some one please tell me how to size my pics down?? I got a new camera and can not get them on here for :pokinit:! My old camera was no problem but this one is like 7 mega and it is alost impossible to crop it down that much. thanks :yikes:
85 TRUCK AUSSIE IN FRONT LINCON AROUND BACK MARLIN 4" SPRINGS UP FRONT WITH 63 CHEVYS ON BACK. REBUILT 22R WITH CRAWL CAM AND FEW OTHER THINGS NOTHING HUGE JUST WAITING TO GET PROPANE ON IT. RUNNIN 35'S M/T WITH MY LONGFIELDS 30 SPLINE SUPER AXLES. 4.7's IN T-CASE AND ON THE WAY WITH DUAL CASES. FULL HYDRO WITH TG ROCK ASSULT PUMP AND 2 X 6 AG RAM

Shamb

• Raisin in the making..
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 133
  • Male Posts: 3,414
  • Member since Oct '04
  • Proud Parent
    • View Profile
Re: pic resize?????
« Reply #1 on: Sep 12, 2007, 09:00:41 PM »
I set my camera to 3 mp so they're not tiny after re-sizing...

If you've got a high quality picture its hard to resize it below 100kbs.

R.I.P to my Papa, I miss you pops......

Knowledge is power  www.pirate4x4.com/forum

New Buildup in process 85' 4runner "Bad Decisions"
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=52566.0

Check out my 1-ton build up thread
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=22600.0

Shamb

• Raisin in the making..
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 133
  • Male Posts: 3,414
  • Member since Oct '04
  • Proud Parent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sep 12, 2007, 09:01:35 PM »
also try uploading them to photobucket.. they have a resize feature on there that'll set it to a specific file size.

R.I.P to my Papa, I miss you pops......

Knowledge is power  www.pirate4x4.com/forum

New Buildup in process 85' 4runner "Bad Decisions"
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=52566.0

Check out my 1-ton build up thread
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=22600.0

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sep 12, 2007, 09:02:28 PM »
use photobucket.  Its free, a cakewalk to use, and much easier than resizing and posting pics.  That is what I used to do, but once I found photobucket, I quit doing the downsizing.  :thumbs:

photobucket.com
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

porkchop [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jun '07
  • Yeah 2 @ 1 time
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sep 13, 2007, 03:49:22 PM »
thanks guys
85 TRUCK AUSSIE IN FRONT LINCON AROUND BACK MARLIN 4" SPRINGS UP FRONT WITH 63 CHEVYS ON BACK. REBUILT 22R WITH CRAWL CAM AND FEW OTHER THINGS NOTHING HUGE JUST WAITING TO GET PROPANE ON IT. RUNNIN 35'S M/T WITH MY LONGFIELDS 30 SPLINE SUPER AXLES. 4.7's IN T-CASE AND ON THE WAY WITH DUAL CASES. FULL HYDRO WITH TG ROCK ASSULT PUMP AND 2 X 6 AG RAM

porkchop [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jun '07
  • Yeah 2 @ 1 time
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sep 13, 2007, 05:04:06 PM »
ok got setup on photobucket and copy the img and post it on marlin and will not take it on here any more help guys?......... :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead:

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sep 13, 2007, 05:15:44 PM »
ok got setup on photobucket and copy the img and post it on marlin and will not take it on here any more help guys?......... :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead:

Did you use the resizing tool on Photobucket? I never have any problems with them.

Do you have a photo program on your PC? If not there are some free ones?
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sep 13, 2007, 06:58:10 PM »

Did you make sure you copied all of the brackets?  I have no idea why it wouldn't work after that.  Make sure you are copying and pasting the img. code :thumbs:

I think in photobucket there are what, 3 options for each pic? 4?  It is the one that looks like this on both ends.  [/img] at the end, and [img] at the beginning

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

-Ronald Reagan

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sep 13, 2007, 07:01:18 PM »
Did you make sure you copied all of the brackets?  I have no idea why it wouldn't work after that.  Make sure you are copying and pasting the img. code :thumbs:

I think in photobucket there are what, 3 options for each pic? 4?  It is the one that looks like this on both ends. 

You can customize those choices...if you left click on the box for the img. code, it is automatically copied and when you get to where you want to use the image just right click and paste it.

Does Marlin have a size limit on posting pics?
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Sep 13, 2007, 07:04:19 PM »
You can customize those choices...if you left click on the box for the img. code, it is automatically copied and when you get to where you want to use the image just right click and paste it.

Does Marlin have a size limit on posting pics?

posting, yes.  Linking them?  no. :thumbs:

-Ronald Reagan

porkchop [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jun '07
  • Yeah 2 @ 1 time
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sep 14, 2007, 01:53:39 PM »
thanks guys i will keep trying

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sep 14, 2007, 02:16:13 PM »

This is a pic he sent me for a trial run. I didn't have any issues getting it on and it doesn't seem to be any more blurry that the original. I resized it in JASC, uploaded to photobucket and linked to it without resizing in photobucket.

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sep 14, 2007, 06:10:52 PM »

-Ronald Reagan

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sep 14, 2007, 06:11:32 PM »
Ok, that worked for me.  It is the img code, like I said.  :dunno: why you are having problems, I never have.

-Ronald Reagan

porkchop [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jun '07
  • Yeah 2 @ 1 time
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sep 14, 2007, 06:54:20 PM »
I got it guys check them out on my build thread thanks! :usa: