Author Topic: Rock Stomper motor mounts  (Read 2160 times)

84runner

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 99
  • Member since Dec '02
    • View Profile
Rock Stomper motor mounts
« on: Apr 27, 2004, 12:38:32 AM »
Well gents I just got these in the mail the other day and installed them to day. Talk about the biggest pain in the  :moon: to put on . I struggled with bolth sides like hell to get them in place.  And there is really no tolerance to put the bolts on. I had to move the big bolt almost all the way out to get the allen screw in place that came with the mounts to bolt it to the frame, then push it all the way in to get the other side in. Plus wedge a screw driver between the top and bottom portion to make enough room to place a socket on the big bolt, and tighten it.  And these things give you quite a bit of motor and road vibration, not a hole lot of cushion there. I'm glad it's not my dailey driver cause it would drive me nuts. BUT on the other hand, I think that my shifters don't move but a quarter of an inch, and I can almost gaurantee I will never need another set of mounts again. Plus I have noticed that with bolth cases in low and climbing a good incline that the motor will lug down a lot lower with less vibration and and will climb well with out giving gas. Were as before I felt the motor would shake between the stock mounts an loose some of it's driving force in the mounts.  :thumbs:
RUBICON TESTED BIG BALLS APPROVED

mr4x42u

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 700
  • Member since Sep '02
  • LOCKED AND LOADED
    • View Profile
Re: Rock Stomper motor mounts
« Reply #1 on: Apr 27, 2004, 01:01:27 AM »
There mounts are nice !But like you said a pain in the ass to install..I had a set in my old crawler..Too much vibration,money,work to do over again..I went the chain route and it was alot more easy to install,,no vibration,,and cheap..With the fror cross member my motor moves very little..at least you got them in  :biggthumpup:
Forgiveness is between them and god..
Its my job to arrange the meeting!

84runner [OP]

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 99
  • Member since Dec '02
    • View Profile
Re: Rock Stomper motor mounts
« Reply #2 on: Apr 28, 2004, 11:16:36 AM »
Oh I got them in alright  :yupyup: A little of this  :beer: and a lot of this  :_order: .
RUBICON TESTED BIG BALLS APPROVED