Author Topic: Ride along program raise your hand  (Read 3208 times)

Blingn

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 155
  • Male Posts: 2,356
  • Member since May '06
    • View Profile
Ride along program raise your hand
« on: Aug 04, 2007, 01:00:06 PM »
I would like to see who would be down for going with me AFTER this first meeting?  I would like some of the wheelers  on the board to go too.  Also Please just let me know if you would be interested in a FS clean up run we'll call it.  This will be like a weekend clean up.  For right now it will be either rubicon or Barret Lake.  But I am very interested in doing this on trails near you.  Like the FS said it looks like they are starting to crack down on these first and then move on to other areas.  So I am not limited at all if you guys/gals want to do one closer to you at a later time, but these are the ones under a microscope right now.

So far I have:

BLACKDOG- interested in both

FFC- interested in both

fordh8r -interested in both
« Last Edit: Aug 04, 2007, 04:16:37 PM by BLINGN XJ »

Blingn [OP]

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since May '06
    • View Profile
Re: Ride along program raise your hand
« Reply #1 on: Aug 04, 2007, 01:04:15 PM »
Just go something like this

:wave:  I am interested in the FS clean up runs

or

:wave:  I am interested on going on a FS ride

please email me at rockin89xj@yahoo.com or pm me.

Something like this would be cool!!

Blingn [OP]

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since May '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Aug 04, 2007, 04:12:44 PM »
we just had another member of the Marlin Crawler community added to the list.  Thank you!  I will give plenty of notice when these will take place and the itinerary on them.

Weak-Link

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Dec '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Aug 06, 2007, 06:21:34 PM »
check into "OHV HOST Patrol"

Blingn [OP]

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since May '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Aug 10, 2007, 12:08:37 PM »
I have sent two emails to get this going Ill keep you people informed

Blingn [OP]

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since May '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Aug 12, 2007, 11:43:28 AM »
I am really trying guys/gals this is the second email to him.  I am not draging my feet.  My next step is I am going to call him on monday b4 the meeting.  I let you know what is happening.

Hello Mr. Nelson,

My name is Matt Harris with Marlin Crawler Land Use Representative for Nor Cal.  I meet you at the Pleasant Hill meeting.  I was able to talk to you after the meeting was over about taking some ride along trips with your Forest Service Dept. I would like to know when would be a good time for you so I could ride along with you.  I am very excited to go on a ride along with you and see exactly what your Forest Service team does and what they observe on the trail.  This will also be great to bring back with me and share with the 4x4 comunity.  I am very much looking forward to see your email.  I hope you and your crew have a great and safe weekend. 

thank you
Matt Harris
Marlin Crawler Land Use Rep. 

79coyotefrg

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #6 on: Aug 12, 2007, 11:59:50 AM »
:usa:  :thumbs:
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Aug 12, 2007, 01:35:52 PM »
I am really trying guys/gals this is the second email to him.  I am not draging my feet.  My next step is I am going to call him on monday b4 the meeting.  I let you know what is happening.

Hello Mr. Nelson,

My name is Matt Harris with Marlin Crawler Land Use Representative for Nor Cal.  I meet you at the Pleasant Hill meeting.  I was able to talk to you after the meeting was over about taking some ride along trips with your Forest Service Dept. I would like to know when would be a good time for you so I could ride along with you.  I am very excited to go on a ride along with you and see exactly what your Forest Service team does and what they observe on the trail.  This will also be great to bring back with me and share with the 4x4 comunity.  I am very much looking forward to see your email.  I hope you and your crew have a great and safe weekend. 

thank you
Matt Harris
Marlin Crawler Land Use Rep. 

did anyone check the letter for grammatical errors before it was sent? I noticed a few... :hammerhead:
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

Hottrod81

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: -2
  • Male Posts: 1,392
  • Member since Feb '05
  • Full Trucker Effect
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Aug 12, 2007, 01:45:36 PM »
Also, is Marlin Crawler authorizing you to use their name?  There could be liability issues for the company if something was to happen on the clean ups.

Blingn [OP]

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since May '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Aug 12, 2007, 10:11:34 PM »
There is no liability issues at all.  It is a volunteer effort by volunteers.  I am just wanting Marlins name to be recognized.  There is no money exchanging hands, nor are there plans for it to.  As a representative, I'm simply relaying information to the Forum and keeping members as well as non-members I associate myself with informed.