Author Topic: Wasting Billions on the Green Agenda  (Read 1254 times)

Raven

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 156
  • Female Posts: 126
  • Member since Apr '04
  • Raven
    • View Profile
    • Raven Off-Road 4x4 Club
Wasting Billions on the Green Agenda
« on: Apr 19, 2004, 07:29:40 AM »
Wasting Billions on the Green Agenda

By Alan Caruba, of The National Anxiety Center

It is mind-boggling the billions of US taxpayer dollars that are squandered annually in the name of “protecting the environment.” Nor are these millions and billions devoted to just the US environment. They are just as often given way to foreign nations, many of which have a track record of corruption.

I was thinking about this as I read a speech given in Stockholm, Sweden, on March 2 by John F. Turner, an Assistant Secretary for Oceans and International Environment and Scientific Affairs. If Turner were any more Green he’d glow in the dark. He represents a vast Fifth Column of Greens that are everywhere in the government, having been attracted by fellow travelers like Al Gore and Bill Clinton. They are in many agencies such as the Environmental Protection Agency, the Department of the Interior, and, like Turner, even in the State Department.

The title of his speech was “Uncle Sam: An Environmentalist.” Who can argue with that? Easily a third or more of all federal laws and regulations are devoted to the environment. This was accomplished in a relatively short time since the first Earth Day in 1970. And it began when a Republican President, Richard M. Nixon, signed into law the National Environmental Policy Act, the Clean Air Act, the Clean Water Act, and arguably one of the worst pieces of environmental legislation, the Endangered Species Act.

Full Thread
Get on your knees and kiss the boots - cause I'm the Queen here b*^$h...

TigerToy

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 77
  • Member since Apr '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Re: Wasting Billions on the Green Agenda
« Reply #1 on: Apr 19, 2004, 07:07:34 PM »
It kinda sucks, but 4wheelers get squeezed by conservatives too.  Most want to sell national forests and perserves to private investors for development which usually ends up in a bunch of no-trespassing signs.  Alabama is an extremely conservative state and "operating a motor vehicle off-road on public land is prohibited."  So, on one side we have dirty hippies with too much time on their hands closing our trails, and on the other we have pig headed industrial capitalists closing our trails.  Too much politics not enough common sense.

LA_Fred

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -68
  • Male Posts: 228
  • Member since Jan '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Re: Wasting Billions on the Green Agenda
« Reply #2 on: Apr 19, 2004, 07:14:48 PM »
I totally agree,
Over here in CA we have the lame 1872 mining law that allows any foreign company to mine on our lands and destroy them for their own profit. One multi-national company owns a huge chunk of the Panamint mountains in CA and wants to explore some primo wheeling areas for more mining.  So, over here the greenies close Surprise Canyon and yet a few miles away is an enormous open pit of cyanide and land being closed to the public for mining use. Go figure.
I'll just try to enjoy it while it's still here to enjoy!
1989 x-cab V6, SAS, Marlin dual ultimate crawler, dual arbs, high pinion, 35 mtr's, hot brunette in passenger seat.