Author Topic: cut out for warn xd9000i with marlin front bumper  (Read 1591 times)

1Armedman

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Dec '06
    • View Profile
cut out for warn xd9000i with marlin front bumper
« on: Jun 27, 2007, 07:26:51 PM »
(I searched)  may I see some pics of anyone who cut out the front grill of their truck or 4runner to make room for this type of winch with the use of the marlin front bumper?  also, does this compromise the structure of the grill, how deep do you cut into the grill? what is the best tool?  how delicate are the grills? thanks for any tips

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
I personally haven't done it for a winch, but I can answer a few of your questions. 
1) Not really.  It might marginally affect it, but not enough for you to ever notice. 
2) I'd imagine you'd cut all the way through, but then again, I haven't done it.  The grill is only what, 2" at the deepest?  mabye 3"?
3) I'd use  an angle grinder with a cutoff wheel.  I've used it on a grill already, and it burned right through it, and I could clean it up real well with sandpaper. :thumbs:
4)  Not very delicate.  It won't be flopping around or flexing or anything, not anymore than it usually does.  Just mae sure its mounted tight :thumbs:
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
what  you saw  me win one  and  had  to go out  and buy one  :haha:  bring your butt down here  tomorrow after school  and  we can brainstorm together
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way