Author Topic: Anybody into Formula 1?  (Read 1839 times)

blyota91

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 170
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Anybody into Formula 1?
« on: Jun 10, 2007, 06:28:18 PM »
I don't know if there are any F1 fans on here but if there is I'll make you a little jealous I guess.  I just got back from the Canadian Grand Prix in Montreal.  It was an awsome weekend and an awsome race.  If you saw the terrible wreck coming into the hair pin, thats where I was sitting, by far the craziest thing I have witnessed in person.
Retiring the 91
Rebuilding the 94

jimbo74

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
Re: Anybody into Formula 1?
« Reply #1 on: Jun 10, 2007, 06:38:41 PM »
not really into it, but i do like it... yearly, they have them up here in san jose.... i watch it on the news....

love the sound of those v8s doing 12 grand though.... rawr!!!!
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jun 10, 2007, 06:50:56 PM »
I don't know if there are any F1 fans on here but if there is I'll make you a little jealous I guess.  I just got back from the Canadian Grand Prix in Montreal.  It was an awsome weekend and an awsome race.  If you saw the terrible wreck coming into the hair pin, thats where I was sitting, by far the craziest thing I have witnessed in person.

I mean this in the most flattering way...you suck. I'm no fanatic, I can't match drivers with sponsors or anything. I think it's kind of cool a guy in his rookie year winning an F1 race. Oh...did I say you suck yet?
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

blyota91 [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 170
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jun 11, 2007, 02:57:39 PM »
I certainly don't follow it either but if I can I catch a race on tv.  The only other F1 race in north america is at indy.  I'm getting more into it though cause I have a buddy who works on ferrari's and if you have anything to do with ferrari you have to get into F1 some.  I plan to go again next year its such an insane spectecal.  Supposedly it is montreals biggest weekend of the year, most people there and everything.  Parts of the city are shutdown for parties and big displays, it is great.  That rookie did great this weekend, before the big wreck he was starting to lap people.
Retiring the 91
Rebuilding the 94

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jun 11, 2007, 03:14:27 PM »
Since you didn't offer to take me with you, it would've been neighborly of you, did you get any pics?
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2205
  • Male Posts: 18,292
  • Member since Apr '02
  • 511:1 Club
    • View Profile
    • Bone-Stock Plane-Jane 1981 Shortbed Pickup
« Reply #5 on: Jun 11, 2007, 03:21:43 PM »
Dude! That is awesome! I love watching F1, nothing else even comes close. Their are only two types of racing I can stand to watch at length and that is 1) F1 and 2) GT Cup.

My good friend is SERIOUS into F1 and is trying to join the Mclaren race team. He was just over at Laguna Seca a couple weeks ago.
Check out our new Rock Crawling Videos!
2016 56-speed 580:1 Tacoma Rock Crawler   
1981 36-speed 511:1 3RZ-FE Rock Crawler
1987 6-speed Supercharged 4A-GZE MR2
Instagram: @SlowestTacoma
Things are only impossible until they are not.
"The worst of both worlds, the best of neither." -abnormaltoy
"An informed question. But difficult to answer. I am what you see." -Nanaki

snowshoebrue

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 447
  • Male Posts: 1,152
  • Member since Jun '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Jun 11, 2007, 05:49:40 PM »
i was in montreal last year at the same time as the race.  it was also during the soccer finals, talk about some dedicated fans.  you would be walking through mall and there would be huge crowds gathered around the tv.  i watched champ car in vegas when i was there in april.  watching those cars in person is so awesome.  we were right past a corner so they were upshifting right by us

bigdaddypoppop

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -147
  • Male Posts: 16
  • Member since Jun '05
  • America love it or leave it!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Jun 11, 2007, 06:18:21 PM »
did you know the rookie has finished no less than third in any race so far this season?  Im no fan either but I read that and was amazed.