Author Topic: Parting out 83 Toyota Pickup Trailblazer conversion - Ky  (Read 6404 times)

WiLdwOrLdOfWiLl

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
Parting out 83 Toyota Pickup Trailblazer conversion - Ky
« on: Jun 09, 2007, 10:06:45 AM »
I have a 83 Toyota pickup with the Trailblazer Conversion (4-runner)
Trans and front end are gone

-- All Prices Negotiable---- I Need this stuff Gone!!!

22r motor ran when parked but wont stay running now - $250
20r head for pre-84 22r motor - $50
Rear axle 4:10 - $100
Top shift transfer case - $100
Good dash plate and heater controls - $50
Factory Toyota CB $40

Lots of other good parts

Lower gauge pod
Column and covers
Dash pad
Gauge cluster
Center console
Bucket seats
Solid frame
Side markers
Grill and headlight shrouds
Doors would be good for half doors

Located in Elizabethtown, Ky 42701 about 30 minutes south of Louisville

Email for pics
wtulrich@alltel.net
« Last Edit: Jun 25, 2007, 03:54:33 PM by WiLdwOrLdOfWiLl »

89toy

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 1,003
  • Member since Apr '07
    • View Profile
sooooooooo, how much for the bucket seats?  think they would fit a 79?
He who dies with the most toys...still dies.

artistic_gore

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Member since Apr '07
    • View Profile
How much for the side markers? Do you have a rear bumper? Also do you happen to have the radiator supports?

Thanks,

Bryce
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.

-Douglas Adams

kneedownnate

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
You're parting it out?  Is it mangled?  These things are rare enough, you should try selling it on ebay, maybe somebody will buy it and restore it.
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

WiLdwOrLdOfWiLl [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
89 toy - I'll take $50 for all 3 seats. They were bolted in but should fit will little modification. Drivers is torn on the side and has little tears on the back, passenger has hole looks like a cig hole. Pass. has 1 bracket bolt hole needs welded. Let me know

artistic - $20 for all 4. no bumper but a hitch and I'll look at the radiator supports but if you want the markers we can make a deal on the supports.

Shipping is not included in the prices ...   It's on your dime

Also have a factory Toyota CB out of a 79 turns on and keys up.  Haven't tried it with an antenna. $40

Kneed- The body has pretty rot in it but it's salvagable. If you are interested in everything but the front end and transmission $500 will take it.

89toy

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Apr '07
    • View Profile
ok, nevermind about the seats.  But if you have brake lights that are not broken I could really use em...just curious how much...also, if you would be willing to part with the little vents just below the radio I would take em' as well as the blinker switch (on the steering column) if it works...again, how much do you want?

artistic_gore

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Apr '07
    • View Profile
Yeah I'll take the marker lights (Is that the bases and the lenses or just the lenses?), please let me know about the supports.

Thanks
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.

-Douglas Adams

WiLdwOrLdOfWiLl [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
89toy- 1 light is broke, 1 is good $10 for both, $5 for the vents. I want to keep the column together its 50

artistic- markers are bases and lenses but 2 of the bases are split but usable. I fixed mine with some rtv. For the radiator support you mean the whole front support right? If so its $40 or $50 for the markers and the support.

Let me know
Will

artistic_gore

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Apr '07
    • View Profile
I was just referring to the two side bars that bolt to the front piece and the radiator bolts to

-Douglas Adams

WiLdwOrLdOfWiLl [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
I looked again and still don't know which part your talking about? The radiator has 2 side bars but they are soldered onto the radiator. I checked my 79 its the same way. I don't know...  If nothing else I will pull the radiator out.

Will

artistic_gore

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Apr '07
    • View Profile
Brain fart, I meant the parts the fan shroud bolts to

-Douglas Adams

89toy

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Apr '07
    • View Profile
Do the blinkers and everything work with the column (lights, key, etc)...and would you ship the column with brake lights and vent to 79832?

WiLdwOrLdOfWiLl [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
89 toy - I will make sure it all works tommorrow but I know the hazards work and the plastic surrounds are in good shape- better than in my truck. I dont have a problem shipping it but it will be a day or two till I can get it out and weigh and measure it.

89toy

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Apr '07
    • View Profile
sounds good...let me know if everything works

WiLdwOrLdOfWiLl [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
89toy- Everything works and I got the column out. Here is a pic of everything. If you want it it looks like shipping will be somewhere in the 30-40 dollar range depending on the box size.  I will look for one at work tommorrow. If you want it email me at wtulrich@alltel.net for payment and shipping details.

Artistic- I am still not sure what your talking about, I pulled the radiator and here is a pic. the shroud bolts to the brackets or wings and thats how the radiator bolts to the truck. These pieces are soldered on. Let me know if this is what your talking about and if you still want the markers.

Thanks
Will

[img width= height= alt=Click to enlarge.]http://img2.putfile.com/thumb/6/16220280088.jpg[/img]

[img width= height= alt=Click to enlarge.]http://img2.putfile.com/thumb/6/16220280017.jpg[/img]

Gittinit

• throttle jockey!
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 28
  • Male Posts: 2,293
  • Member since Sep '06
  • out from under my rock, and ready to roll
    • View Profile
I wonder .... How much for whats left? I would like the body and frameif its not rusted too badly.
Hug your kids, pray for a soldier, and don't sweat the small stuff.

my favorite places:
http://www.flatnasty.net/
http://www.orvpark.com/

– fortysixandtwo – sorry, i prefer marlin because aside from gittinit, no one is a know it all a hole

artistic_gore

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Apr '07
    • View Profile
Artistic- I am still not sure what your talking about, I pulled the radiator and here is a pic. the shroud bolts to the brackets or wings and thats how the radiator bolts to the truck. These pieces are soldered on. Let me know if this is what your talking about and if you still want the markers.

I guess I have a bigger problem than I thought. The piece you have your finger on is what I am talking about but mine are no where near connected to the radiator. Anyway, I do still want the markers. Sorry you had to pull the radiator for my dumb ass.

Gore

-Douglas Adams

WiLdwOrLdOfWiLl [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
Gore - I think its pretty common on my 79 it cracked away at the top on one side. You might see if you can have a radiator shop solder it back on. Anyway email me your address and we will figure out shipping and payment info at wtulrich@alltel.net

Thanks
WIll

WiLdwOrLdOfWiLl [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
gittinit - If you want the shell and frame when its stripped you can have it for what it would bring at scrap about $150 bucks. The frame looks good but there is some rust in the body. The floor of the cab definately needs some work. Its got rot where they all do around the body mounts. I think its fixable but it would take some work. Let me know if your still interested and I will shoot some more pics.

Thanks
Will

Gittinit

• throttle jockey!
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
gittinit - If you want the shell and frame when its stripped you can have it for what it would bring at scrap about $150 bucks. The frame looks good but there is some rust in the body. The floor of the cab definately needs some work. Its got rot where they all do around the body mounts. I think its fixable but it would take some work. Let me know if your still interested and I will shoot some more pics.

Thanks
Will
Yes pics of the rust please, this may be my next victim. I want a 4 seater to cut up. It must have all the intior for that price though. I don't want to be piceing together a dash or trim for a trekker, trailblazer, as they are so hard to come by. I hope you aren't cutting up the wiring harness.
« Last Edit: Jun 13, 2007, 08:53:28 PM by Gittinit »

my favorite places:

– fortysixandtwo – sorry, i prefer marlin because aside from gittinit, no one is a know it all a hole

WiLdwOrLdOfWiLl [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
gittinit -  here is a link to more pics http://s34.photobucket.com/albums/d112/bigwill5o/
Right now if you want the interior too I'll $200 for the truck and interior. But the interior of a traillblazer and pickup is the same except for the seats, all the dash trim is the same. The only part of the harness removed is the fuse box but you can slpice it right back in pretty easy.
Will

Gittinit

• throttle jockey!
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
gittinit -  here is a link to more pics http://s34.photobucket.com/albums/d112/bigwill5o/
Right now if you want the interior too I'll $200 for the truck and interior. But the interior of a traillblazer and pickup is the same except for the seats, all the dash trim is the same. The only part of the harness removed is the fuse box but you can slpice it right back in pretty easy.
Will
Did ya cut the wires? I am no good at wiring. By interior I meant the dash, cluster,  Heater controlls and vents. Also the  headliner, side panels and such. I don't care about some 25 year old seats, but the little stuff is hard to come by.  Tell me when I can come pick it up, just please make it worth the trip. 1st gens are rare or beat to crap around here so I would like it as complete as possible.

my favorite places:

Gittinit

• throttle jockey!
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
Looks like the part I was worried about is too far gone.

my favorite places:

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

toomanytoyzz

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 24
  • Member since Jul '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Does the CB work?  If so how much to ship to 19083?

WiLdwOrLdOfWiLl [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
Gittinit- I have all the dash parts and thats what I want the extra $50 for. For $200 its a salvagable body and good frame plus the interior but no drivetrain or the extras that have already sold. You can come and get it anytime we're going to pull the rest of the drivetrain tommorrow. Let me know.

toomany- I have a guy who has claimed the CB if the deal falls through I will let you know. I haven't had it hooked up to an antenna but it keys another CB as is. I can ship it anywhere in the US for under $10.

Gittinit

• throttle jockey!
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
Gittinit- I have all the dash parts and thats what I want the extra $50 for. For $200 its a salvagable body and good frame plus the interior but no drivetrain or the extras that have already sold. You can come and get it anytime we're going to pull the rest of the drivetrain tommorrow. Let me know.

As much as I would like one of these I'm not willing to spend a month rewiring the fusebox and putting the dash back together and finding all the little screws and plastic clips for all the small stuff.

Just to shorten this up some, I would love to have that rig, but I don't want to do that kind of work to one.
Sorry  :down:

my favorite places:

artistic_gore

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Apr '07
    • View Profile
Will it looks like I will not be able to buy the marker lights at this time. I'm sorry I just wanted to let you know.

-Douglas Adams

punkrock crawler

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Male Posts: 117
  • Member since Dec '06
    • View Profile
Do you have the front pass side turn signal cover?
Dying to live and living to die!

1983 Hilux
3" suspension lift, Marlin L52 transmission, Marlin ultimatecase 4.70, Marlin 1200 Clutch, 30" tires, Spraypaint exterior, Webber carb.

2006 Tacoma 4x4

WiLdwOrLdOfWiLl [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
Punk - Are you talking about the one next to the headlight? If so I want to keep the headlight shrouds and lenses together but will sell both for $15 or those and the grill for $30.

Will