Author Topic: What the heck lays eggs under a rock??  (Read 4014 times)

kneedownnate

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
What the heck lays eggs under a rock??
« on: Jun 06, 2007, 04:12:17 PM »
Figured it out a second before having that though, but I still thought I'd post up.  Not every day you go to move a rock in your garden and find snakes eggs :yikes:
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
Re: What the heck lays eggs under a rock??
« Reply #1 on: Jun 06, 2007, 05:14:10 PM »
You beast! You scrambled some.

Fry them boogers up, serve 'em up with hog jowls and possum gravy...ooowee! Thems good eats!
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jun 06, 2007, 05:25:04 PM »
poor snakes! :down:
We have done yard work and found lizard eggs. Little tiny things, we always try to rebury them.
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jun 06, 2007, 05:26:18 PM »
That's pretty cool that you found them even if you did scramble one.
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

jimbo74

• Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jun 06, 2007, 05:29:52 PM »
looks liek 2 got scrambled... poor snakes..... mamas gon be pissed!
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jun 06, 2007, 05:37:45 PM »
oh! I didn't see the second. I don't think snakes watch their eggs like gators. They just lay them and hope for the best.

Where is the Mammoth?

Duffil

• *lurker*
  • Turtle Points: 138
  • Male Posts: 4,844
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • PhotoBucket
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #6 on: Jun 06, 2007, 07:38:28 PM »
dude! hatch them bastards! get a terrarium and build you a snake.

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Jun 06, 2007, 07:48:49 PM »
 :werd:

Thats what we would do, and then let them go.
Years ago we got Tinydog a little kiddy pool. A tree frog laid eggs in the pool. I spent the summer feeding the tadpoles, they were SO FUNNY.. you'd put your finger in the pool and they would all swarm around your finger, then they went from being these HUGE tadpoles into these TINY tree frogs, so I floated wood on the pool for the tree frogs to hang out on and get out of the pool.
It was so much fun. Nature is cool and amazing.

Where is the Mammoth?

mima

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 151
  • Member since Mar '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Jun 06, 2007, 08:04:56 PM »
ya animals can be pretty stupi sometimes. a lot of my property is gravel, from the entrance to the garage and shop, and these birds lay their eggs in random places in the gravel. sometimes they're safe and sometimes not.  they just lay more eggs if they get crushed. we seen 12 eggs in he last 2 months. and they jus tkeep laying more once they hatch
85 yota, 4 in AP, 529s and detroits f&r, 35 in bfg mt, bed bobbed 12 in, AP winch bumper, warn 9000xdi

Tice

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 881
  • Member since Feb '05
  • I named my son Wheeler!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Jun 06, 2007, 08:56:47 PM »
Some bird just biult a next in a corner of the eves on my house, gonna wait till they hatch and fly away and then move the nest.   I don't mind them there, just can't stand the noise!!
I don't need a winch, I wheel a TOYOTA!!!!!!!

www.wheelingarizona.com

NT-OUTBACK

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -2
  • Male Posts: 139
  • Member since Feb '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Jun 06, 2007, 08:57:49 PM »
What the heck lays eggs under a rock??

My old roommate two years ago, she had reverse butt and grew tators on her taint.

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Jun 06, 2007, 09:33:49 PM »
They woulda been ok if I hadn't decided to make the garden bigger.  I didn't even realize you could see anything more than yolk until I loaded the pics onto the computer!  I moved them over to the other side of the yard, more for some other animal to eat than for them to hatch.  Just my luck they'd be rattle snakes and would bite me!  They're probably garder snake eggs, but I can't take a chance on hatching rattlers :yikes:
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Jun 07, 2007, 05:43:14 AM »
They woulda been ok if I hadn't decided to make the garden bigger.  I didn't even realize you could see anything more than yolk until I loaded the pics onto the computer!  I moved them over to the other side of the yard, more for some other animal to eat than for them to hatch.  Just my luck they'd be rattle snakes and would bite me!  They're probably garder snake eggs, but I can't take a chance on hatching rattlers :yikes:

:rofl:  not a big snake fan, are you.

Where is the Mammoth?

JanMarie13

• Queen Cookie Monster
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 924
  • Female Posts: 415
  • Member since Jan '06
  • Mmm....Tacos!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Jun 07, 2007, 06:13:43 AM »
Some bird just biult a next in a corner of the eves on my house, gonna wait till they hatch and fly away and then move the nest.   I don't mind them there, just can't stand the noise!!

Be careful with that dude....here at work, a bird built a nest under the air conditioner outside of my secretary's office.  After awhile, she started finding these TEEEEEENY little bugs crawling ALL OVER her desk, they probably wouldn't even have been visible except she has one of those really smooth and dark cherry looking desks.  We had to call in an exterminator and sure enough he said they were "bird mites" and had crawled in through the air conditioner!  Now when I hear birds rustling around near mine I go bang on it and scare them away.  haha  :yupyup:
RIP Kyle, we love and miss you man.  :smooch:
thanks for the smooch I miss you too !  :yesnod:

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Jun 07, 2007, 07:21:47 AM »
Be careful with that dude....here at work, a bird built a nest under the air conditioner outside of my secretary's office.  After awhile, she started finding these TEEEEEENY little bugs crawling ALL OVER her desk, they probably wouldn't even have been visible except she has one of those really smooth and dark cherry looking desks.  We had to call in an exterminator and sure enough he said they were "bird mites" and had crawled in through the air conditioner!  Now when I hear birds rustling around near mine I go bang on it and scare them away.  haha  :yupyup:

I bet he's talking about mourning doves. These are the most annoying creatures God ever put on the Earth…constantly cooing, bobbing their little heads with every step or flap of their little wings...while still making that coo sound in time . They roost in cacophonous colonies outside my bedroom window at dusk and even in their sleep they make noise. They wait until you're 10 feet away from them to decide to fly across the road...when you hit the little beggars it's like blowing up a feather pillow...sooo many feathers on such a small (worthless) critter. These are the only animal I will chase in order to hit them with my truck...I have driven off the road in order to nail one of the avian fece factories. Lest any PETA people think we are all bird haters here…we Arizonans, in general, will wreck a vehicle to avoid hitting the cute (quite) Gambel’s quails, especially when they are herding their brood across the road.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Jun 07, 2007, 07:57:11 AM »
 :rofl:  those doves are not the smartest of the bird species, thats for sure!
We've had them hanging out on the chimney and you can hear their cooing echoing all through the house, I personally like the sound but then again I don't have a cacophonous colony outside my bedroom window.
Our morning birds are more like screeching banchee's! 

Where is the Mammoth?

JanMarie13

• Queen Cookie Monster
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 924
  • Female Posts: 415
  • Member since Jan '06
  • Mmm....Tacos!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Jun 07, 2007, 08:11:38 AM »
CACOPHONOUS COLONY!

i just wanted to say it too  :wiggle:
RIP Kyle, we love and miss you man.  :smooch:
thanks for the smooch I miss you too !  :yesnod:

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Jun 07, 2007, 08:20:43 AM »
Makes you feel good all over, doesn't it!  :banana:

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

Fearofrunner

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Male Posts: 620
  • Member since Dec '06
  • HOW AN 84 SHOULD LOOK
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Jun 07, 2007, 02:42:02 PM »
I would have to say that killdeer are up there on the most annoying animal that has ever lived.  We got those damn birds everywhere here.

over at my dads work there is a hen mallard that lays her eggs in the same spot every year right outside the buildings door.  The dumb thing hasn't learned that there isn't water around that area for at least five miles.  Those little farts have to get to water once they hatch! and to make thing worse there is foxes coyotes house cats and busy traffic.  So every year he would catch her right off the nest and then grab all the little ones and put them in a box and then over to a pond that's on base.  Well one year she put up a fight and got away from the old man and would fly over the area trying to get back to her babies.  We tried for six hours to catch her buy using her babies as bait to lure her in. (kinda sounds bad but it almost worked)  what we would do is let one of the chicks run up and down this alley and we'd stop it from getting out by blocking both ends off. she'd come down to be with it and then we'd charge them with a big ass fishing net.   :hahaha: well long story short it didn't work and we ended up raising 12 baby ducks until they were big enough to defend themselves.  That was fun.  Kinda like what MWM did with the frogs, we got em a little swimming pool with a cinder block in the middle so they could set up and clean themselves.  It's fun raising up a wild animal and then letting them go. :disturbed:

mima

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 151
  • Member since Mar '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Jun 07, 2007, 02:50:21 PM »

those are the birds i have on my property! they are really annoying, especially once the babies hatch. and within two weeks the babies start to make noise too... i want to shoot them but my family wont let me... and they justkeep laying eggs...
85 yota, 4 in AP, 529s and detroits f&r, 35 in bfg mt, bed bobbed 12 in, AP winch bumper, warn 9000xdi

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Turtle Points: 2159
  • Male Posts: 18,292
  • Member since Apr '02
  • 511:1 Club
    • View Profile
    • Bone-Stock Plane-Jane 1981 Shortbed Pickup
« Reply #20 on: Jun 07, 2007, 03:07:20 PM »
I guess that's all their good for..... Running and *ing -- Chris Rock
Check out our new Rock Crawling Videos!
2016 56-speed 580:1 Tacoma Rock Crawler   
1981 36-speed 511:1 3RZ-FE Rock Crawler
1987 6-speed Supercharged 4A-GZE MR2
Instagram: @SlowestTacoma
Things are only impossible until they are not.
"The worst of both worlds, the best of neither." -abnormaltoy
"An informed question. But difficult to answer. I am what you see." -Nanaki

Rockdiver

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -118
  • Male Posts: 671
  • Member since Apr '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Jun 07, 2007, 10:28:17 PM »
I believe ratlers are born live   no egg

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Jun 07, 2007, 11:15:36 PM »
Really?  Too late now, something broke open the shells and ate the chillins :_oops:
RIP KYOTA

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Jun 07, 2007, 11:17:45 PM »
Ok, I promis if I unearth any more in my rock moving I'll put em somewhere safe.  Wait, what if they were some monster spider eggs :yikes: 

Honestly, I kinda wanted to carefully cut one open to see what was inside.  Now all I have to remember them by are the pictures :down:
RIP KYOTA

speedemon

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 13
  • Male Posts: 267
  • Member since Nov '05
  • When's winter?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Jun 08, 2007, 01:10:43 AM »
ya animals can be pretty stupi sometimes. a lot of my property is gravel, from the entrance to the garage and shop, and these birds lay their eggs in random places in the gravel. sometimes they're safe and sometimes not.  they just lay more eggs if they get crushed. we seen 12 eggs in he last 2 months. and they jus tkeep laying more once they hatch

nice avatar.  im a big fan of snakes and tatted chicks.  too bad the eggs didn't survive.
2002 Tacoma sold
'84 pickup SOLD!!
'83 pickup will rise again
'86 sas runner DD
'89 runner project (for sale)
F-Toy build in progress