Author Topic: Flag upside down, UNDER another, on US soil!!  (Read 3231 times)

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
Flag upside down, UNDER another, on US soil!!
« on: May 29, 2007, 04:42:05 PM »
I got this in an email, and yes MrsW, I snopes'd it (its true, sadly) 

http://www.snopes.com/photos/politics/mexicoflag.asp

and here is a press release for it

http://www.montebello.k12.ca.us/

Granted, this happened a while ago, but I didn't hear anything about it, and a quick search didn't turn anything up here.  ( :dunno: of course, that doesn't mean much :hahaha: )

:headshake: absolutely apalling :down:

Fw: Unbelievable on American Soil

This email really hit home for me, if you feel the same way send it on if not let it end with you!!!!

You will not see this heart-stopping photo on the front page of the NY Times or on the lead story of the major news networks. The protestors put up the Mexican flag over the American flag flying upside down at Montebello High School in California

I predict this stunt will be the nail in the coffin of any guest-worker/amnesty plan on the table inWashington . The image of the American flag subsumed to another and turned upside down on American soil is already spreading on Internet forums and via e-mail.
Pass this along to every American citizen in your address books and to every representative in the state and federal government. If you choose to remain uninvolved, do not be amazed when you no longer have a nation to call your own nor anything you have worked for left since it will be "redistributed" to the activists while you are so peacefully staying out of the "fray." Check history, it is full of nations/empires that disappeared when its citizens no longer held their core beliefs and values. One person CAN make a difference. One plus one plus one plus one plus one plus one.........

The battle for our secure borders and immigration laws that actually mean something, however, hasn't even begun.

If this ticks YOU off... PASS IT ON!

It did me !!!!!

:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

jimbo74

• Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
Re: Flag upside down, UNDER another, on US soil!!
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2007, 04:50:55 PM »
it was was a rival school played a prank on the school this was at..... the school it was at was very pissed and had it corrected within minutes of it happening
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

mudaddict

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: -82
  • Male Posts: 1,829
  • Member since Dec '04
    • View Profile
    • All Pro Off Road
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2007, 05:23:12 PM »
now thats just crazy and a bad prank!
98 Taco- Super charged, sas'd, bobbed, locked,taco boxed with 39's
Taco Build http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=88901.0

I work At
All Pro Off Road

BLACKDOG [OP]

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2007, 05:26:29 PM »
it was was a rival school played a prank on the school this was at..... the school it was at was very pissed and had it corrected within minutes of it happening

Doesn't matter.  The IDEA, that this would even be considered a prank, is apalling, and extremely disturbing.  I don't criticize Montebello HS, I know that they weren't responsible, thats just where it was at.  There is a reason I included two links, as the email is slightly misleading.  However, that doesn't change my feelings toward this.  Flipping the US flag, and putting it under ANY flag, on US soil is not something that should ever be considered a prank.  I also believe that having an entire school under lockdown because students are marching on it far exceeds "prank" status.
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

79coyotefrg

• Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2007, 05:39:37 PM »
:headshake:
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

weirdtimes_7

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 1,032
  • Member since Nov '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2007, 07:21:36 AM »
Doesn't matter.  The IDEA, that this would even be considered a prank, is apalling, and extremely disturbing.  I don't criticize Montebello HS, I know that they weren't responsible, thats just where it was at.  There is a reason I included two links, as the email is slightly misleading.  However, that doesn't change my feelings toward this.  Flipping the US flag, and putting it under ANY flag, on US soil is not something that should ever be considered a prank.  I also believe that having an entire school under lockdown because students are marching on it far exceeds "prank" status.

I agree with what you have to say BD. The American Flag is supposed to be flown above others at all times, and then only time it is supposed to be flown upside down is when AMERICA it's self is in distress. Thats it. Cut and dry. This goes along with those who burn our flag on American soil, my beleif is, if you think you have the right to burn or misrepresent the American Flag, then i am more than willing you buy your ticket out of this country and straight to freaking Iraq. They think they have right's now, just wait and they will see....

military_stang
:respect:

RAZOR

• Offline Rock Master
  • Male Posts: 143
  • Member since Oct '05
  • It's all about the LongFields
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2007, 08:05:16 AM »
 :maddest:
Finally Straight Axled, e-Locker, 5.29's, Lockright Rear, 13" travel tractor spline driveshaft, CV eliminator, Fully Gusseted front axle, Marlins almighty 5" Trail Flex lift Kit, 36" TSL's

In Marlin Crawler, I trust.
If you got the Nuts, Follow my Ruts!
Lift It, Fat Chicks Can't Jump!
Motocross, Because it Requires 2!

TacoStewie

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 4
  • Male Posts: 816
  • Member since May '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2007, 08:52:51 AM »
that just makes me mad and want to hit the people that did that with a inner axle

this is how i think it should be
4THEWKN

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2007, 09:42:23 AM »
that just makes me mad and want to hit the people that did that with a inner axle

this is how i think it should be

Good Job Stewie! :thumbs:
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2007, 09:43:27 AM »
I got this in an email, and yes MrsW, I snopes'd it (its true, sadly) 

http://www.snopes.com/photos/politics/mexicoflag.asp

You make me so proud!   :sly: 
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2007, 10:15:33 AM »
Wow  :shakehead: Yeah that's frustrating... kids... some people just don't understand the relevance of patriotism :usa:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -