Author Topic: Local car show - caution, very picture heavy!  (Read 2804 times)

kneedownnate

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
Local car show - caution, very picture heavy!
« on: Apr 28, 2007, 06:32:47 PM »
We had our big local car show last weekend with a smaller one this weekend.  I prefer the smaller one so I can actually have enough time to check out all the cars and attractions.  They had a group on motorbikes doing stunts, but I showed up just as that part was ending.  There was also a drifting exhibition, but you could tell the high banks on the roundy round track were making it fairly difficult to get it going well.  One of the main reasons I wanted to go was to check out the rock garden they were going to set up and see what went down, but I thought the coarse was going to be just too easy.  Well, I was wrong.  A few seemingly well prepped rigs were seeming to have their share of problems, but some of that was also due to dropping a tire or high centering.  A burnout contest was going at the same time and calling me away, but I wanted to see a ferd on big irocs run it, and he made it look like a bumpy gravel road.

Anyway, I took some pics of some of the many neat vehicles, as well as some of the horrid trucks I saw.  Enjoy!
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
Re: Local car show - caution, very picture heavy!
« Reply #1 on: Apr 28, 2007, 06:38:43 PM »
I didn't get to see that toy in the last pic run, but when I came back to check out the action later a friend of his showed up in a runner and I overheard them talking about something breaking in the front end maybe :dunno:

Not sure if he did this on purpose or not, but I noticed he welded the gusset on the bottom of the axle.  I also noticed his buddies stinger looked like it was welded through the stock bumper, which I found to be a good idea, but after looking closer he'd just welded it to the stocker. 
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Apr 28, 2007, 06:42:52 PM »
Sweet looking fj45 pickup
RIP KYOTA

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Apr 28, 2007, 06:46:48 PM »
Smokey camaro burnout  :burnout:  I missed a wicked sounding mopar that ran till it blew the rear tires....then caught on fire.  They had the carnage cleaned up by the time I hooked back up with my friends.
RIP KYOTA

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Apr 28, 2007, 06:52:39 PM »
There were a couple sweet sandrails there.  I forgot to check to see if either was supercharged, but neither were turbocharged.  If you've ever seen these things run they're flat out wicked!  I've seen em on tv doing 300+ foot wheelies at the dunes.  Hit a roller just right, loft the front end and carry it under power.  Neat, but very expensive :o
RIP KYOTA

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Apr 28, 2007, 06:57:25 PM »
Some of the 4bies
RIP KYOTA

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Apr 28, 2007, 07:01:23 PM »
Couple more
RIP KYOTA

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Apr 28, 2007, 07:06:23 PM »
Some pics of cheby trucks.  Can't tell what vintages I like, can you?
RIP KYOTA

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Apr 28, 2007, 07:10:45 PM »
more
RIP KYOTA

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Apr 28, 2007, 07:18:37 PM »
First one is evidently the truck of a local pinstriper.  Next, well, you can probably figure that one out.
RIP KYOTA

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Apr 28, 2007, 07:23:10 PM »
Seemed like a fair number of old school and rat rods.
RIP KYOTA

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Apr 28, 2007, 07:31:18 PM »
This wagon was just neat!  It was totally gutted and obviously a work in progress. 
RIP KYOTA

brainlessfool

• It's not my problem if you can't hear the voices too.
  • Turtle Points: 2730
  • Male Posts: 4,207
  • Member since Jun '02
  • drive fast or the devil may get ya
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
« Reply #12 on: Apr 28, 2007, 08:11:56 PM »
Hey, how about a few MOPARs nxet time?  :idea:
A good day working, that's just sick :reg:

jimbo74

• Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Apr 28, 2007, 08:17:42 PM »
dang, on your dialup that must have taken like 5 hours to upload, lol

:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Apr 28, 2007, 08:39:21 PM »
Brainless, what are mopars?  That's too funny, I actually expected topar to make that comment when I was downloading these pics!

Jimbo, you have no frickin clue man :haha:  Attach 3 pictures, walk away for as many minutes.  And when I attach full size pics to emails...   :thud:

I think these are the last of em.  Sorry for the delay, I wanted to go out and turn in all the soil on my garden :cough-laugh: before it got too late

The vette was just too cool, albeit hard to snap.  I put up the camera to take the pic and a couple walked in front of me and stopped.  No biggie, they'll look and move along, right?  Wrong!  Just as they were about to move they saw there friends, and where do you think they decided to stop and have a conversation?  Yup, and despite two of them having a direct line on me they still stayed there for a couple minutes before I reluctantly walked up and asked them if they could move a little so I could snap the pic. 

The z....well, I saw the whale tale from a ways away and thought it was maybe an older porsche, then thought it strange that I hadn't seen any z cars yet.  Then I got closer, heard the low rumble of a v8 and realized what it was.  Very clean on the surface, but I wouldn't have paid to have the tail glassed/bondoed in the way it was.  Some people see a shiny paint job and don't care what imperfections lie underneath, and I envy them, but I'm just not one of them.  Otherwise a very nice car though!
« Last Edit: Apr 28, 2007, 08:50:06 PM by kneedownnate »
RIP KYOTA

jimbo74

• Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Apr 28, 2007, 08:45:11 PM »
im not a fan of chevies, but nice is nice.....

im starting to really like the old chargers though.....

im a ford guy, particullary the mustand and f250s or bigger --- i liek the rangers/explorer platform too.... but the f150s dont do a thing for me (except the lightning, thats jsut a sweet 2wd)
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

gotrocks

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 107
  • Male Posts: 2,653
  • Member since Dec '04
  • FLOOR IT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Apr 28, 2007, 09:05:08 PM »
Sweet car show.  Do you have any more pictures?

brainlessfool

• It's not my problem if you can't hear the voices too.
  • Turtle Points: 2730
  • Male Posts: 4,207
  • Member since Jun '02
  • drive fast or the devil may get ya
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
« Reply #17 on: Apr 28, 2007, 09:06:01 PM »
Sweet car show.  Do you have any more pictures?

of MOPARs ?

I perfer late 60's A bodys with 4spds.
A good day working, that's just sick :reg:

Duffil

• *lurker*
  • Turtle Points: 138
  • Male Posts: 4,844
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • PhotoBucket
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #18 on: Apr 28, 2007, 09:07:34 PM »
of MOPARs ?

I perfer late 60's A bodys with 4spds.

:drool:

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Apr 28, 2007, 10:04:43 PM »
No more pics than that man.  I was getting sunburned and had long since realized vans were not a wise choice with all the walking! 
RIP KYOTA