Author Topic: Mastercraft seats? anyone got any feedback for fitment 84-88 yotas  (Read 3155 times)

NT-OUTBACK

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -2
  • Male Posts: 139
  • Member since Feb '07
    • View Profile
My bench seat is taking a dive, I'm looking to replace it with the Mastercraft sportsman. Anyone have anyfeed back on these seats? I'm concerned about seatbelts, I would like to retain the stock ones since I don't have a rollbar for 4 or 5 point harnesses.

BTW I rather buy new seats than old 20 plus year old SR5 seats.

Big Pap Dog

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 141
  • Male Posts: 188
  • Member since Feb '06
  • A fool and his money are soon parted.
    • View Profile
I think that Mastercraft actually has a sliding mount made for 84-88 trucks, because i was thinking of buying it to mount my seats a little higher.  I have the tan and black Sportsman seats in my 83' and i love them.  The fitment shouldn't be too much different.  I ordered mine straight from Mastercraft and they were about 700 buck to my door.  My buckets are the basic ones...no lumbar, no fancy headrests.  Hope this helps!  I'll get some pics up later for you to see how mine are mounted.

Big Pap Dog

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Feb '06
    • View Profile
by the way, stock seatbelts fit fine with those seats. :beer:

Big Pap Dog

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Feb '06
    • View Profile
Here's one...

Big Pap Dog

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Feb '06
    • View Profile
You can see here that I used the rear tabs from a later model bench seat that I yanked straight out of my truck and drilled the rivets to have a fab-free install, but you could make something similar out of pretty much whatever i suppose. later, i threw the old stinky bench into the dumpster with such force it scared the neighbors...ahhh apartment life. too many PBR's.

Big Pap Dog

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Feb '06
    • View Profile
i must smash this crappy camera

rscalmo

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 118
  • Member since Feb '07
    • View Profile
and if you want any more info i can almost bet that downey sells those exact seats for yotas so i would assume they have brackets and everything. give em a call they might be able to point you in the right direction to mount them right.
rebuilt 22R, downey header long tubes, 2.5" exhaust, 4 inch marlin lift with 3 inch shackles, detriot locker, 4.88's on 33's.marlin cross over steering and fror crossmember, power steering conversion, chromoly 30 spline bobby longs, 86+ wider rear axle, 12 inch 5150's all around, fully gusseted with armor...soon to be sitting on 35 bfg MT with an all pro roll cage and rock lights!