Author Topic: 2nd Gen 4-Runner dual case rear shifter clearance with body lift  (Read 2423 times)

UKMyers

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 188
  • Member since Jan '07
    • View Profile
I am running my rear case shifter up through the cupholder on my 94 Runner like I have seen others do to try and keep a nice clean look and keep my center console intact for the most part. My only concern is I have a 2" body lift and I'm hoping I'll have enough clearance for it work properly. The short shifter kit says it's for rigs with 3" body lifts but I'm thinking it's gonna be tight in that cupholder. Anybody else done a similiar set up and had issues?

MiniSimp

• Outdoor Enthusiast
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 5,120
  • Member since Jan '05
  • SimpsonBrothers.net
    • View Profile
    • Simpson Brothers Photography
Short Throw Shifter Modification

For vehicles with body lifts of 3" or greater, we highly recommend using our short throw shifter kit to reduce the throw of most gear driven Toyota transfer case lever by 40%.

Ideal for placing shifter in tight areas where little space is available for shifter to move. Applications to fit most manual transmissions and transfer cases. New oil slinger provided for EFI applications.

Note: You must send in your stock shifter for us to modify. Off Set is an approximation and slight bending might be required to achieve desired fit.

Short Shifter Kit w/ Dog Leg Shifter

MC-14225, Short Throw Transfer Case Shifter Kit, $150

UKMyers [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Jan '07
    • View Profile
I know this is available but where I only have a 2" body lift I'm hoping to be able to get away with the regular shifter before I spend MORE money on this crawler box.

UKMyers [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Jan '07
    • View Profile
While I'm on this subject is there enough room for a stock boot to slide over the shifter in the cup holder? Anybody have a pic of your set up in a 4Runner. I found a part out rig and I'll grab the boot if it'll work.