Author Topic: my freebie  (Read 3350 times)

papa mike

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 328
  • Member since Aug '06
    • View Profile
my freebie
« on: Feb 12, 2007, 06:56:34 AM »
been seeing  this dog  ,someone dropped off in a field  down the road by my house  ,,it has been in three heavy rain storms  ,
i finally  got her to trust me    took  two weeks  ,,someone  has abused this poor dog  ,,,australian shepard,,,well  i fially  got  her   home  ,,man she  is a great dog  she wont leave my side,,
i would love to find  the  owner  and  well  you can prolly read between the lines   ,,
anyhow  i think  she has found a new home  ,,,

Racer-X

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Member since May '06
    • View Profile
Re: my freebie
« Reply #1 on: Feb 12, 2007, 07:11:17 AM »
thats cool man

rob b

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Male Posts: 16
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Feb 12, 2007, 12:17:38 PM »
 :clap2: free pets are the best, one of my cats was a stray and he is the friendliest of all of them!!!

what is the doggies name?  i dont know how people can be like that to animals though, they need a good spankin'  :spankbutt:

jimbo74

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Feb 12, 2007, 12:33:53 PM »
awwwww.... i love Aussies! shes a gorgeous blue meral (sp?)
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Feb 12, 2007, 01:17:34 PM »
inconceivable that someone could abuse an animal. she is a beautiful dog! I'm glad the benedryl worked out for you! What a happy ending.
(he was on the shoutbox on, what was it? Sat.? and we were researching what you coud safely give a dog to sedate it a little. Benedryl seemed to be the answer to calm her down.)
You will have a loyal friend for life! She is so sweet.
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Feb 12, 2007, 01:36:36 PM »
Beautiful dog.  :yesnod:

Aussies are awesome dogs, so loyal and fun to play with, and smart too!

I've got a queensland heeler /corgi mix, and I've never had such a good dog :thumbs:
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

79coyotefrg

• Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #6 on: Feb 12, 2007, 02:17:45 PM »
:woohoo:

AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 4,834
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Feb 12, 2007, 02:39:59 PM »
Right on man it is good that the poor dog finally has a good home with you. I have taken in two animals over the years, one was a small mutt dog that someone hucked out the window of a moving car inside a cardboard box. it bounced down our drive way and two small puppies were inside. One we gave away and the other we kept. she had social problems her whole life, never trusted anyone besides my parents and I. She just passed away about a year and a half ago. the second was a tiny kitten that i found that would come and try and steal my dogs food. it was damn near skeletal and took me 3 weeks of coaxing to get it to even come near me. now hes my best buddy and hes very, very well fed. he grew exponetially in the first two months we had him....now hes the biggest damn cat ive seen in a while hehe. it sucks humans can be so aweful to animals, especially tiny helpless puppies and kittens. thats just messed up.
85 4Runner Build  /  Cool Foreign Toyotas  /  Toyota: We Want Diesel FB Page    Rockcrawlintoy – i guess moms will put the pups up on the beach when they go fisting

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Feb 12, 2007, 02:47:04 PM »
it sucks humans can be so aweful to animals, especially tiny helpless puppies and kittens. thats just messed up.

No kidding.

About 2 years ago, I was hanging out at a friends house, and we found a squashed box in the road that had "stuff" leaking out of it.  Curiosity got the better of us, and we opened it up.  Some $#%@$#$  tossed a box of puppies out of his window without even opening the box! :tantrum:  Its never right to just dump animals, but this :moon: hole didn't even give the little guys a chance :rivers:  From what we could tell, there were 5-6 in there. :down:

We buried them in the box, and i'll admit it, I was crying when we did :down: 

The cruelty of humans sometimes :headshake:   

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

-Ronald Reagan

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Male Posts: 4,834
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Feb 12, 2007, 05:22:59 PM »
That is so horrible. That is what happened to my little pup except her and her brother made it out with only minor injuries besides a devestated sense of trust towards anyone. She was a crazy pregnant dog her whole life but she loved me and my folks and we gave her the best thing a pup could ask for: a nice home with caring owners and a warm bed. it was crazy because even at the age of 14 if you touched her in certain spots it instictualy caused her to go on the defensive, god only knows what her previous owners did to her before we saved her. she had several "hot spots" where no one, not even me, could pet her. im just glad we gave her a good life, once she came to trust me she was a very loyal dog.
85 4Runner Build  /  Cool Foreign Toyotas  /  Toyota: We Want Diesel FB Page    Rockcrawlintoy – i guess moms will put the pups up on the beach when they go fisting

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Feb 12, 2007, 05:39:11 PM »
I am crying just reading this!!!! OMG!! A box of STUFF leaking out!! HOW HORRIBLE! WTF is wrong with people! :rivers:
I can't even watch the animal planet channel shows where they talk about saving abused animals It is way to hurtful!
Mike... you have a place reserved for you. You are a good man! I am so glad to have been a little part of this story!
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

mickeyfinn

• Offline Rock Master
  • Male Posts: 142
  • Member since Dec '06
  • so many projects so little time
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Feb 12, 2007, 06:04:55 PM »
   Thank you! thank you! here is something we do.  Second chance farm is our place. we keep the horses from becoming dog food and glue when they are finished with them. http://www.freewebs.com/secondchancefarmverona/ 

- Sales Employee -

freds40

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 293
  • Male Posts: 2,331
  • Member since Dec '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Feb 12, 2007, 06:12:26 PM »
Awesome score! We have a blue mearl too and she is a great dog. Aussies are great dogs and are extremely smart. We have ours trained on both hand signal (up close) and voice command (far away). I finally got to take her wheeling 2 weekends back and she did awesome. She sat in her spot in the Cruiser when we were driving and loved playing in the snow when were out of the rig.
"between projects"

eazy

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -6
  • Male Posts: 104
  • Member since Oct '06
    • View Profile
    • Please ban me!
          OK!
      I am banned!
« Reply #13 on: Feb 12, 2007, 06:46:28 PM »
that's really cool mike i'm glad to know other care too. i was working in northern missouri last winter on a couple of hunting lodges when this chocolate lab showed up the dog was malnurished and very skinny so i drove ten miles or so into town for some dog chow and when i got there the little country store had just closed i knocked on the door and explained to the people what i was doing and they let me in. so any way we figured out over the three months or so that the dog was trained for hunting and was very well mannered and behaved i begged and begged my wifew to let me bring him home but i did'nt work then i went back one time and he was gone. i think the owner shot him to keep from chasing deer of of his farm he had actually joked about it before. i never asked him because for one i did'nt want to hear the truth and two i would have gone to prison for what i would have done to him. i've actually lost friends because i jumped thier stuff for being cruell. that is the best way to get your butt kicked and that's just the way i feel. 

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Feb 12, 2007, 07:19:59 PM »
We buried them in the box, and i'll admit it, I was crying when we did :down:     

Anybody with a soul would do the same! 

I'll hafta see if I can dig up a pic of our old aussie, looked very similar.  Can't remember how old he got to be, but it was over 15 anyway.  Oh the memories.... him smiling...watching him meticulously pick each spike off a pine cone...the endless hours of playing fetch, him never tiring so you throw the ball/pine cone as far over the hill as you canin an attempt to end the game, then him coming back 10 minutes later with :insert whatever ball-like object he could find: in his mouth...watching him approaching with his tail-less ass wagging past his front half. 
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

te51levin

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 130
  • Member since Jan '07
  • Grumpy, but pretty good at it
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Feb 12, 2007, 08:57:25 PM »
I'll hafta see if I can dig up a pic of our old aussie, looked very similar. 

These are the only two I found.  I think there are more back home.  This one...well...I'm not sure about Aussies being smart.  I know most of them are, but this one had all the brains of a pile of sawdust.  Still, lots of fun and a great dog despite the comitragic lack of IQ.

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Feb 12, 2007, 09:08:34 PM »
Anybody with a soul would do the same! 

I'll hafta see if I can dig up a pic of our old aussie, looked very similar.  Can't remember how old he got to be, but it was over 15 anyway.  Oh the memories.... him smiling...watching him meticulously pick each spike off a pine cone...the endless hours of playing fetch, him never tiring so you throw the ball/pine cone as far over the hill as you canin an attempt to end the game, then him coming back 10 minutes later with :insert whatever ball-like object he could find: in his mouth...watching him approaching with his tail-less ass wagging past his front half. 

:rofl2:  Nate, you've got my dog max to a tee!! :rofl: 

especially the part about his tailless as wagging past his front half!! :hahaha:

-Ronald Reagan

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Feb 12, 2007, 09:23:11 PM »
PETE!  Those are probably better pics than any I could have dug up!  I miss that poor happy b*std :down:
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

te51levin

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 130
  • Member since Jan '07
  • Grumpy, but pretty good at it
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Feb 15, 2007, 10:45:23 PM »
Me too.  If I had the time for it, I'd have another one.  There's plenty of working breeds available right now in the local shelters.

Mike, how are things going so far?  Did she have a nametag, or have you picked a name for her?

papa mike [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Male Posts: 328
  • Member since Aug '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Feb 16, 2007, 05:03:18 AM »
well  she is  a great  dog  it didnt take long for her to open up  ,,i cant go anywhere with out her following me ,,i stop  she  runs into my leg,,,she is real good in the house  to,,,
my arm is hurting  from throwing  balls  aroundlol,,,
sadie is her name   ,,was going to call her freebie 

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Feb 16, 2007, 10:06:39 AM »
 Ginger does that to me. She is my shadow. During the weekend if we are outside and I go inside but she doesn't she runs around till she can find me. It's so funny to sneak up on her, see her peaking in rooms and I'll say 'who you looking for' and she's so relieved to find me. LOL!
They are so great.

Where is the Mammoth?

red

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 199
  • Male Posts: 1,616
  • Member since Jan '05
  • irish redhead texan, interesting combo
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #21 on: Feb 16, 2007, 10:16:10 AM »
dogs are wonderfull, expecially playfull ones. i want a dog, but my apartment is too small. :rivers:
read and comment :whip:

USAF EOD tech

Doable

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 69
  • Member since Dec '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Feb 16, 2007, 05:47:57 PM »
 Dude that great of you to do !Growing up we had a Catahoula hound mix Australian Shepherd. I think you will be well pleased with your new friend. :thumbs:
Nothing puts a smlie on my face like the green glow of 4x4 on the dash !
BSLCA.com

Tice

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Male Posts: 881
  • Member since Feb '05
  • I named my son Wheeler!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Feb 16, 2007, 09:05:10 PM »
Thats awesome!! :thumbs:  We had a blue Heeler we got at about 1 year old from an elderly couple that took her from their neihbor. They would leave for weeks at a time leaving the dog in the yard with a big bowl of food and a kiddie pool with water!!!! :mad:  They (the older couple) just couldn't keep her cuz she loved to run and chase rabbits and such and were worried shed drag them off out on their daily walk. we had her for 5 years then my son came, didn't have any time for her so we gave her to my great uncle. Her like her and she liked him alot. He has cancer now and the dr.'s say by having her now (he's all alone" it's probly giving him something to live for.
I don't need a winch, I wheel a TOYOTA!!!!!!!

www.wheelingarizona.com

Shamb

• Raisin in the making..
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 133
  • Male Posts: 3,414
  • Member since Oct '04
  • Proud Parent
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Feb 16, 2007, 09:59:55 PM »
glad to see people doing good deeds such as this.

I love animals and hate seeing them mistreated. The fact that the dog got dumped was for the better I suppose because he found a good one with good people who will take proper care of him.

R.I.P to my Papa, I miss you pops......

Knowledge is power  www.pirate4x4.com/forum

New Buildup in process 85' 4runner "Bad Decisions"
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=52566.0

Check out my 1-ton build up thread
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=22600.0

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Feb 16, 2007, 10:10:25 PM »
well  she is  a great  dog  it didnt take long for her to open up 

This seems to be a trait shared by aussies and labs, both very quick to attach and become loyal!  I ran into an older couple hiking in the alps this summer with their lab.  When I came upon them the dog was in the water retreiving a stick, and when it came out of the water it just happilly came up to me with the stick trying to get me to throw it!  I always get a kick outa how approachable labs are if you don't know them, but get between them and their owners' kids and....
RIP KYOTA

bigdaddypoppop

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -147
  • Male Posts: 16
  • Member since Jun '05
  • America love it or leave it!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Feb 20, 2007, 05:00:13 PM »
Best dog I ever had, walked down the alley and adopted us.  I was watching her out the window, and she stopped and looked in every back yard. We had horses, when she stopped at ours they walked over to the fence and checked her out, then she crawled under the fence, and the three of them walked over to the water trough and got a drink.

A few minutes later she walked over to the back door and laid down, stayed with us for 15 years, Vet figured she was close to 20 when we had to put her down.

Second best dog I had is the one I have now.  Got him from the pound and that dude wont let me out of his sight when I get home.