Author Topic: does the marlin t-case crossmember work with just one t-case?  (Read 1651 times)

flyin ryan

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -204
  • Male Posts: 241
  • Member since Sep '04
  • poser to the extreme!!!
    • View Profile
Does any know if the rear d-shaft from one t-case will interfere with the marlin's dual case crossmember armor? 

Yota Up

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -4
  • Member since Feb '06
    • View Profile
I think they sell you an extra fitting for $5.

blackdiamond

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1174
  • Male Posts: 5,057
  • Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
I have the Marlin Crossmember with a single case, but I have the two piece driveshaft so it isn't a problem.  I don't know if it would fit otherwise.

I thought I heard that Marlin was going to be selling Budbuilt stuff and they have a setup for a dual crossmember that works with spacers for the single applicatoin.  They also have single applications.

www.budbuilt.com
1989 4Runner: Dual Ultimate (Inchworm front & Marlin 4.70 rear), Marlin Twin Stick, 1200-lb clutch, 4.88 R&P, Aussie Front, Detroit rear, 30-spline Longs, Long hub gears, ARP hub and knuckle studs & 35x12.50 Cooper STT PRO tires.  Marlin rear bumper & sliders.  FROR front bumper.  SAS with Alcan springs & Rancho 9000XL shocks.  Budbuilt Bolt-on traction bar.  Custom Interior Cage by Those Guys Rod and Customs.

Moab Tested & Rubicon Approved

flyin ryan [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -204
  • Male Posts: 241
  • Member since Sep '04
  • poser to the extreme!!!
    • View Profile
Thanks a bunch fella's.  I'll check out budbuilt site.

Hottrod81

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: -2
  • Male Posts: 1,392
  • Member since Feb '05
  • Full Trucker Effect
    • View Profile
I have the Marlin Crossmember with a single case, but I have the two piece driveshaft so it isn't a problem.  I don't know if it would fit otherwise.

I thought I heard that Marlin was going to be selling Budbuilt stuff and they have a setup for a dual crossmember that works with spacers for the single applicatoin.  They also have single applications.

www.budbuilt.com

You can buy a budbuilt crossmember through Marlin.

Makohon

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 83
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
like everyone said.. bud built! i got one and love it.. its a single case one... bud sells a conversion for the single case xmember to a dual case xmember if in the future u upgrade to duals.. either get it from bud or marlin.. both have great customer service!
91 std cab, flatbed, 35 mtr's, aussie, 5.29's, 4.7's, twin sticks

christyle

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Jul '06
    • View Profile
i have a dual case xmember with budbuilts spacer, works great other than the fact that my cat is getting messed up because it sits right on the xmember, goign to be re-routing it when I redo my exhaust tho...