Author Topic: I wanna buy this truck soooo bad!  (Read 3082 times)

kneedownnate

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
I wanna buy this truck soooo bad!
« on: Jan 07, 2007, 10:41:54 PM »
http://chico.craigslist.org/car/259012134.html

It'd be nice if it were a 1 ton
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

johnny_boy02

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 105
  • Member since Apr '06
    • View Profile
Re: I wanna buy this truck soooo bad!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 08, 2007, 03:44:10 AM »
Nice truck. I had a 70 short bed when I first got into 4x4s. BUILT engine it would bairly idle, but in a good way. I could set car alarms off from across the parking lot.

Wermz84

• Rock Nerd!
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 921
  • Male Posts: 3,518
  • Member since May '05
  • Ouch My Eye!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jan 08, 2007, 07:45:38 AM »
looks good.   

I would love to get an old panel van.
I like to Drive!

KYOTA

• Turtle Points: 1759
  • Member since Jan '04
  • Wreckin Ball '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jan 08, 2007, 09:04:56 AM »

Nate are you looking for strictly 67-72 GM? my 86 GMC 1 ton is gonna be up for sale here shortly.

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jan 08, 2007, 02:06:56 PM »
: :drool: :drooling:

Those are beautiful trucks.  That is by far my favorite body style of any truck ever made :yupyup:  I've got a line on a '71 blazer that I'm hoping to pick up in a few years :crossed:
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

reklund5

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 286
  • Male Posts: 1,263
  • Member since Nov '03
  • I love my Marlin Crawler!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jan 08, 2007, 07:45:03 PM »
Weird.. My wifes family is settling her grandparents estate, and they just gave us her grandpas old 1970 Chevy.
It's a 2WD shorbed, so I'm thinking classic sport truck...

Ryan

'84 Hilux, locked, dual-cased, winched, EFI converted, 37" tired, half-doored (in the summer...)
'87 Supra, 400 HP.  smooth as glass at 130 'cause my tires are NEW!...
'92 F250 Diesel, tow rig, ATS Turbo, leveling kit, killer stereo

te51levin

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 130
  • Member since Jan '07
  • Grumpy, but pretty good at it
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Jan 08, 2007, 08:01:26 PM »

Looks like eight lug wheels to me, sport.  3/4 ton has to be close enough.  Can you sell off $5000 worth of crap in a week, and then offer him a more reasonable price?  And maybe start a landscaping business on the side so you can afford the fuel for that behemoth?

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Jan 08, 2007, 08:40:42 PM »
Nate are you looking for strictly 67-72 GM?
:yesnod:

Grew up with dad owning a nice 72 3/4 ton 4by, supposed to be mine some day, but he doesn't quite trust me with it yet...

I've got a line on a '71 blazer that I'm hoping to pick up in a few years :crossed:

BUY IT!

Weird.. My wifes family is settling her grandparents estate, and they just gave us her grandpas old 1970 Chevy.
It's a 2WD shorbed, so I'm thinking classic sport truck...

Ryan

There's been a 72ish 2wd longbed on craigslist, all primer black and sporting wide very *friendly* person mags.  A nice coat of hot rod black and I'd be in love!

Looks like eight lug wheels to me, sport.  3/4 ton has to be close enough.  Can you sell off $5000 worth of crap in a week, and then offer him a more reasonable price?  And maybe start a landscaping business on the side so you can afford the fuel for that behemoth?

8 lugs is what I thought too, but 1 ton would have a beefier front axle!  I'd be fine with the big ol eaton out back though.
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

Yota87Truck

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 1,175
  • Member since Aug '06
  • Got Moab!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Jan 13, 2007, 11:24:56 AM »
I love that body style, plus it is already lifted.  If it were me and I had the money for it and gas, heck yea.

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Jan 13, 2007, 11:39:59 AM »
He still has it too, just posted it again.  I'm actually not much for buying lifted trucks, cause then you have the possible mistakes/oversights of the po to deal with.  The big tires are a good part of the deal though.
RIP KYOTA

BikerTrash

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 207
  • Member since Aug '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Jan 13, 2007, 03:55:11 PM »
I'm actually not much for buying lifted trucks, cause then you have the possible mistakes/oversights of the po to deal with.
hear you on that, I guess I just had to learn form experiance;)

Those are beautiful trucks.  That is by far my favorite body style of any truck ever made :yupyup: 
Amen

My first truck was a 71 gmc stepside, had been in my family since it was new. Stupid teenager, I sold it to buy an Isuzu mini truck when I was 18. Saw it all beat to hell about 6 months ago, still would have bought it back if I could found the guy that owned it now so i could re-restore it.
There is a fine line between clever and stupid, I just wish I knew when I crossed it.

84 4runner
02 Suzuki V-Strom
95 Honda 1100C1
06 Ram 2500 4x4
(please note, listed in order of preference)

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Jan 14, 2007, 02:03:00 PM »

Those are beautiful trucks.  That is by far my favorite body style of any truck ever made :yupyup:  I've got a line on a '71 blazer that I'm hoping to pick up in a few years :crossed:

BUY IT!

Thats the best part, no one else knows that it is even there except for the owner and his neighbors, all of who are old and have no interest in it.  :woohoo:  Its just there waiting for me to get the $$ and space to put it

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

-Ronald Reagan

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Jan 14, 2007, 07:49:12 PM »
I've really wanted to get an early blazer/jimmy and put a 67/68 front clip on it, just always looked really good in my mind.  I found a 72ish blazer a couple years ago with a for sale sign on it....and an early clip, like $800 or so!  I procrastinated on stopping by for a couple days and.......
RIP KYOTA

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Jan 14, 2007, 07:51:56 PM »
disregard....double post :cheese:
RIP KYOTA

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Jan 14, 2007, 10:08:21 PM »
I've really wanted to get an early blazer/jimmy and put a 67/68 front clip on it, just always looked really good in my mind.  I found a 72ish blazer a couple years ago with a for sale sign on it....and an early clip, like $800 or so!  I procrastinated on stopping by for a couple days and.......

Doesn't it really hurt when that happens?

There's a 68ish for sale in VV right now, 2wd pickup.  I'll have to swing by and see what they're asking

-Ronald Reagan