Author Topic: Boise State defeats Oklahoma in Fiesta Bowl  (Read 1607 times)

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2158
  • Male Posts: 18,292
  • Member since Apr '02
  • 511:1 Club
    • View Profile
    • Bone-Stock Plane-Jane 1981 Shortbed Pickup
Boise State defeats Oklahoma in Fiesta Bowl
« on: Jan 01, 2007, 10:26:34 PM »
:o :o :o :o :o :o :o

If you missed this game, then PLEASE watch the highlights on ESPN right now! HOLY COW!!!!! This is possibly the greatest college game I've ever seen

I started watching the game in the 3rd quart. when Boise was up 18 pts and they allowed the OK Sooners back into the game.

The Sooners tied the game and then intercepted Boise and ran it in for a score and it was 28 - 35 Sooners. 25 Straight unanswered points by the Sooners.

Three huge amazing plays, just simply amazing. Boise's last chance was on 4th and 18 at the 50 yard line and they made a pass completion in mid field, and when he had no where to run, he pitched it back to a guy with perfect timing to a guy who was already at full speed and he ran it like 30 yards into the endzone with 7 SECONDS LEFT!

Boise tied the game and it went into Overtime. Boise got the coin toss and decided to defend first.

Remember that in College FB, in Overtime each team gets the ball at their own 25 and has that one chance to score, either by TD or fieldgoal. At the end of OT, whoever is leading is the winner. If both teams score and they are tied, then it repeats again and again until one team is leading, and starting with the 2nd OT you must go for 2pt conversions after you score a TD.

So the Sooners get the ball first, starting on their own 25, and on the first play, 1st&10, then run it right through Boise and get a TD on their first play!! :o They went for the 1 extra pt and got it, 35 - 42 Sooners.

Then Boise got the ball, and made it all the way down to about the 4 yard line and get held to 4th&2. Of course they were in Field Goal range, but remember the Sooners scored a TD and Boise MUST get a TD to Tie the game, which would force a 2nd Overtime. So on 4th&2 Boise lines up in shot gun with one tailback, but then their QB goes in motion to the left and they hike the ball to the halfback who runs to the right side, and what looks like a screen play ends up being a pass to a receiver in the corner of the endzone and they get it!!!!!!!! :o +6 pts for Boise!

But its not over yet! Boise could have gone for the extra pt which would have tied the game, but instead they go for the 2pt conversion! Its a win-or-loose situation!

So they go for the 2 pt. conversion, and they did one of the most incredible fakes I think I have EVER seen in Football. (This is up there with the fake spike Dan Marino did against the Jets to win the game) All of the receivers lined up on the right side, and they hiked the ball in shot gun formation with one tailback. The QB does a full-motion fake pass to the side with the receivers, which was set up for a huge screen play, but instead after he faked the pass, he lowered the ball to his side and held it a bit behind his side, and the halfback who was just standing around looking at all of the receivers, just turned, took the ball from the QB and ran the opposite side of the field where it was WIDE OPEN and he ran in UNTOUCHED for the 2pt conversion!

Boise State wins 43 - 42 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was jumping outta the couch and Marlin and I couldn't freak'n believe it!!!! AMAZING!

Boise State is 13-0 this season. I mean COME AWN! No.1 Ohio State is the ONLY undefeated team this season. I'm sure Ohio had a harder schedule, but still, Boise is the only other team to have a perfect season this year. 8)

GO WAC!!!!!!
« Last Edit: Jan 01, 2007, 11:17:06 PM by BigMike »
Check out our new Rock Crawling Videos!
2016 56-speed 580:1 Tacoma Rock Crawler   
1981 36-speed 511:1 3RZ-FE Rock Crawler
1987 6-speed Supercharged 4A-GZE MR2
Instagram: @SlowestTacoma
Things are only impossible until they are not.
"The worst of both worlds, the best of neither." -abnormaltoy
"An informed question. But difficult to answer. I am what you see." -Nanaki

BigMike [OP]

• Administrator
  • Member since Apr '02
    • View Profile
Re: Boise State defeats Oklahoma in Fiesta Bowl
« Reply #1 on: Jan 01, 2007, 10:51:02 PM »
My hometown team is the Fresno State Bulldogs, who you might recall blowing out the then undefeated 32-straight victories no.1 offense no.1 USC at USC almost 21 - 10 at half time in 2005, and then after the half they just decided to stop playing football alltogether

Before that game the Bulldogs had made their way up to the no.18 spot, were 8-1 on the year including a 27-7 victory OVER Boise State, and coming into the game they were 13-1 since the previous season.

Then they blow the game to USC, and since then they have gone 4 wins and 12 LOSSES.

Well anyways, FSU Bulldogs used to be the Hope for the WAC Conference (Western Athletic Conference) and dating back to David Carr, they were ranked no.8 and dating back to Trent Dilfer they were no.6 I believe. So we have been pretty strong for a non-BCS team until we lost to USC.

Now our WAC conference champion Boise State has stepped up during these last two years and is now ranked no.9.

This is huge for our WAC conference since there has only been ONE non-BCS team to win a BCS bowl game in the history of the sport (I think it was Utah back in the 80s).

So of course I have been waiting to watch this game and I was rooting for Boise All-The-Way Baby!

AWESOME GAME BOISE!!!! I hope FSU can get things back together next year and get back in the hunt for a BCS Bowl Game!
« Last Edit: Jan 01, 2007, 11:20:40 PM by BigMike »

BigMike [OP]

• Administrator
  • Member since Apr '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jan 01, 2007, 11:03:15 PM »
Ahhh this felt great:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=MDk_kLMrFxY

FSU Defeats Boise 27 - 7 at FSU last year :thumbs:

BTW this was the game RIGHT BEFORE the Bulldogs lost to USC. FSU has been complete garbage since then.
How do you go from a 13 - 1 program to a 4 - 12 program is beyond me :wall:

BigMike [OP]

• Administrator
  • Member since Apr '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jan 01, 2007, 11:23:50 PM »
haha here is Fresno State's last time playing real football, November of 2005 against no.1 USC:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=n2WNvqrU9J8

This is the first half, FSU(no.18)  21-10  USC(no.1)

After that halftime, its been a massive downhill slide for FSU

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jan 02, 2007, 07:25:53 AM »
I get the slight impression you enjoyed the game.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

88Rokyoat

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Member since Sep '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jan 02, 2007, 09:25:08 AM »
 that was a good game. the lateral for a TD with 10 seconds left was awesome nobody saw it comin.
stupid people shouldn't have kids.

BigMike [OP]

• Administrator
  • Member since Apr '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Jan 02, 2007, 10:12:42 AM »
:yesnod: Its been a while since my father and I were jumping out of our seats like that ;)