Author Topic: Someone watching over me.  (Read 1318 times)

iNfErNaL

• El Presidente
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 109
  • Male Posts: 7,509
  • Member since Aug '04
    • View Profile
Someone watching over me.
« on: Dec 13, 2006, 10:53:46 PM »
So I'm driving out to Orange County today to pick up some tubing for work,I was driving thru Riverside doing about 65 in an old ass truck with a built engine that we have at work(1971 GMC).I'm cruising along,and BAM!!!,I get a blow out in the rear and it somehow kicks the rear up a little and causes the whole truck to spin completely around twice before the engine shuts off.I had my foot all the way down on the brakes and the tires were all locked up and it was still going exept now it's going backwards,downhill and I went off a small cliff.As I went off the road the truck was still going backwards down the cliff and the only thing I could think of was to throw it into park,causing the front end to whip around and come to a complete stop.This was by far one of the closest calls I've had,seeing how I missed a telephone pole by like 3 feet and somehow missed a few cars that were all within a few feet away.I didn't know what had happened,I thought a car had hit me and didn't realise it was a blow out untill I got out and looked around.Only thig that happened to the truck was the tire and a dent on the bed from where I went off,and I had a cut on my elbow and now my elbow is swollen and real sore...Just thought I'd share that someone was watching over me as it could've been alot worse,specially seeing the things I could've hit when everything was going on.
WWW.GLOBALOFFROADSUPPLY.COM

Support Your Local Brawlers
 www.RockBrawlers.com 

www.offroadtruckshow.com

BUDDERS

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 15
  • Male Posts: 1,335
  • Member since Jul '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Re: Someone watching over me.
« Reply #1 on: Dec 13, 2006, 11:34:07 PM »
It's nice to know you've got guardian angles isn't it?  Just pray they aren't slacking like those funny commercials.
"A friend will help you move.  A real friend will help you move a body."

"They call it PMS because Mad Cow Disease was already taken"

"Hopefully, if I crap in a gopher hole, one doesn't try and nibble at my taint"  - my freind Fat Tony

"I once read somewhere that drinking causes violence, so I quit reading"

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Dec 13, 2006, 11:37:52 PM »
:yikes: dang dude!!  God likes you I guess :thumbs:

I know the feeling, just this past year spotter and I had a very close call, could have killed us easily, and someone else, but we walked away unhurt. 

Glad you're alright :yesnod:
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

iNfErNaL [OP]

• El Presidente
  • Turtle Points: 109
  • Male Posts: 7,509
  • Member since Aug '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Dec 14, 2006, 12:34:27 AM »
Thanx man.Glad you guys are allright too,I look back and I swear it felt like it went on for like 10 minutes.
WWW.GLOBALOFFROADSUPPLY.COM

Support Your Local Brawlers
 www.RockBrawlers.com 

www.offroadtruckshow.com

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Dec 14, 2006, 01:07:11 AM »
Thanx man.Glad you guys are allright too,I look back and I swear it felt like it went on for like 10 minutes.

no kidding.  Time seems to slow down and speed up all at once.
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #5 on: Dec 14, 2006, 11:36:35 AM »
Wow Peps I'm glad to hear you're okay. That's crazy.  You're right Someone was watching over you!!
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -