Author Topic: Urban wheeling?  (Read 7174 times)

Destruct O

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 146
  • Member since Mar '06
  • You call me "Destructive" like it is a bad thing!
    • View Profile
Urban wheeling?
« on: Nov 06, 2006, 10:24:42 AM »
This website is based out of  Fresno, California correct? On my lunch break the other day I was watching these College kids with California plates in mildly modified Jeeps and they were wheeling this companies loading docks across the street from were I work, I walk over to talk to them and asked them if they go offroad and they said yes they do but the perfer to do "urban wheeling" they say it is the hot new thing from California I asked them what part and they all said Fresno. Is this true is Urban wheeling the new thing out in Cali or is it that these kids just can not find any spots to go off road?
Destruct O

Hottrod81

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: -2
  • Male Posts: 1,392
  • Member since Feb '05
  • Full Trucker Effect
    • View Profile
Re: Urban wheeling?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 06, 2006, 10:37:50 AM »
Never heard much about urban wheeling.  Sounds like they were giving you a line of crap.  Sounds like they watch too much of "Jackass".

Destruct O [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Mar '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Nov 06, 2006, 12:14:47 PM »
 :rofl: HI I AM JEEPY KNOXVILLE AND THS IS URBAN WHEELING  :biked:
Destruct O

79coyotefrg

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #3 on: Nov 06, 2006, 12:20:44 PM »
sounds like they been watching "trailgear TV"  :shake:
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

jimbo74

• Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Nov 06, 2006, 12:28:24 PM »
haha, urban wheeling is like mall rated
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Nov 06, 2006, 12:31:54 PM »
:haha:  yep, thats right,  they are Mall crawlers  :rofl:
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

jimbo74

• Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Nov 06, 2006, 12:40:02 PM »
:haha:  yep, thats right,  they are Mall crawlers  :rofl:

malls have lots of loading docks, and also have some columns and lots of noisy little ricers to run over as well.....

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Nov 06, 2006, 02:36:55 PM »
well, when you live in the middle of the city and have a built rig, you get bored and creative sometimes. It takes at least 30 minutes to drive to even a dirt road. So yes, yes this sport is alive and well! Alley wheeling is where it's at man!   Plus there's a couple places where I can jump my truck. People look at you kind of funny when you're at Shop n' Save and only have 2 wheels on the ground  :disturbed:

Sometimes u gotta do what u gotta do..........
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Member since Nov '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Nov 06, 2006, 02:43:12 PM »
haha, urban wheeling is like mall rated
How do I get this "mall rating" that u speak of ???

:rofl:
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

Hottrod81

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Feb '05
  • Full Trucker Effect
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Nov 06, 2006, 03:23:59 PM »
What this urban wheeling is going to do it give the sport a bad name and then cops will start pulling over wheelers to make sure they are up to no good.  It's just like the skateboarders just on a bigger scale. 

jimbo74

• Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Nov 06, 2006, 03:32:56 PM »
cops already pull lifted trucks over to see what kind of trouble the owners are in......

i drive everything i drive exactly the same way..... i got mroe attention from law enforcement in my toyota than in my dads stock 98 2wd ranger..... the ranger goes way faster too....

~ John F. Kennedy ~

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #11 on: Nov 06, 2006, 03:35:50 PM »
Just another bunch of :idiot: kids that give wheelers a bad rep :headshake:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Member since Nov '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Nov 06, 2006, 03:37:24 PM »
What this urban wheeling is going to do it give the sport a bad name and then cops will start pulling over wheelers to make sure they are up to no good.  It's just like the skateboarders just on a bigger scale. 
Agreed. It doesn't matter where it happens though, there are going to be stupid people giving the wheeling community as a whole a bad name. It is almost guaranteed that "urban wheeling" involves trespassing and/or endangering other motorists/pedestrians who share the same space. So yea, really not a good idea. We don't do anything terribly stupid. Just like to have some fun sometimes  :beerchug:
RIP KYOTA

Hottrod81

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Feb '05
  • Full Trucker Effect
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Nov 06, 2006, 04:21:01 PM »
The stupid people are the ones that wreck it for all.  As long as a person is responsible, I see no problem with it.

alwayzbroken

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 603
  • Male Posts: 1,905
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Nov 06, 2006, 04:27:22 PM »
How can urban wheeling even be fun? The only urban wheeling I can think of would be driving through yards, mowing down bushes and crawling through landscaped gardens. What can you even do on a loading dock that would last longer than 2 minutes before being lame. It sounds like these guys need to buy go-karts.  :shakehead:
If you still have control you aren't going fast enough

boggerunner

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 9
  • Male Posts: 3,140
  • Member since May '06
  • Philberbuilt
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Nov 06, 2006, 05:39:48 PM »
i found this rock water foutain thingy outside of walmart, and i wanted to drive on it, but i found out it was made out of styraphoam and stucco stuff, bummer.  but loading docs are good for testing flex when u are bored, and it doesnt hurt anyone. but it does take some restraint to keep out of the skate parks at night, they would be fun

alwayzbroken

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Nov 06, 2006, 05:50:26 PM »
When I was in high school we would make high speed runs at garbage cans and shrubbery that belonged to people that were not necessarily friendly to us  :sly:

Gittinit

• throttle jockey!
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 28
  • Male Posts: 2,293
  • Member since Sep '06
  • out from under my rock, and ready to roll
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Nov 06, 2006, 06:15:38 PM »
When I was in high school we would make high speed runs at garbage cans and shrubbery that belonged to people that were not necessarily friendly to us  :sly:

I'm glad to know you have grown up and gotten more responsible. I think it is more fun to offroad knowing I cant get a ticket, or have to spend a weekend replanting som guys grass.
Hug your kids, pray for a soldier, and don't sweat the small stuff.

my favorite places:
http://www.flatnasty.net/
http://www.orvpark.com/

– fortysixandtwo – sorry, i prefer marlin because aside from gittinit, no one is a know it all a hole

Destruct O [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Mar '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Nov 07, 2006, 10:05:29 PM »
cops already pull lifted trucks over to see what kind of trouble the owners are in......

i drive everything i drive exactly the same way..... i got mroe attention from law enforcement in my toyota than in my dads stock 98 2wd ranger..... the ranger goes way faster too....

I agree with you when I had my slightly modified 4x4 69 Chevy, I never got pulled over once with that truck and you could hear that thing coming form 2 blocks away because of the tires. Ever since I got my Tacoma it seems like Law enforcement and Metermaids are giving my truck un-wanted attention. The real kick in the pants is my truck is basically stock and I obey all of my local traffic laws and place more than enough money in the meters. Go figure
Destruct O

Weldo

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 101
  • Male Posts: 454
  • Member since Jan '05
  • Use what you can, make what you can't.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Nov 08, 2006, 08:26:21 AM »
I remember seeing a show on TV about "urban wheeling."  But it wasn't just some guys and their jeeps, it was an actual rockcrawling contest.  It was all guys and their tube buggies.  I don't really remember much about the obstacles except for one thing.  There was a big pipe, like 8 foot diameter or something and they had to go in the pipe and turn around inside the pipe and drive out the way they came in.  Of all the contestants only one was able to do it, he had to use every trick he had, rear wheel disconnects, wheel brakes and all that fancy stuff competition rockcrawlers have.
Welders Hold the World Together!

miks85yota

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -210
  • Member since Mar '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Nov 08, 2006, 09:14:28 AM »
i think that if this is the best  these "urban wheelers" can think to do with their rigs, then they need to just sell them and buy a little tuner car and buzz around the front of the mall instead of behind it, that way more people can see em showin off even more wasted money with less of a chance of hurtin someone, themselves or the sport of wheelin, we all know we dont need more help with that.

alwayzbroken

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Nov 09, 2006, 11:43:14 AM »
I remember seeing a show on TV about "urban wheeling."  But it wasn't just some guys and their jeeps, it was an actual rockcrawling contest.  It was all guys and their tube buggies.  I don't really remember much about the obstacles except for one thing.  There was a big pipe, like 8 foot diameter or something and they had to go in the pipe and turn around inside the pipe and drive out the way they came in.  Of all the contestants only one was able to do it, he had to use every trick he had, rear wheel disconnects, wheel brakes and all that fancy stuff competition rockcrawlers have.

I saw that show it was on Spike during the Powerblock I can't think of the name of the show. Ian and Jessie are the hosts. This is gonna piss me off all day until I think of that name.

madhunt

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 52
  • Male Posts: 490
  • Member since Apr '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Nov 09, 2006, 12:11:10 PM »
extreme 4x4 is the show with ian and jesse
HIGH AND TIGHT OFFROAD

Hottrod81

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Feb '05
  • Full Trucker Effect
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Nov 09, 2006, 02:18:45 PM »

That's not considered to be Urban Wheeling when it is on a prepared course.

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1363
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Nov 09, 2006, 02:29:08 PM »
Another reason for them to ban lifted rigs on the hwy!  I've seen some of the videos that trail gear puts out, and some of them should have never been taped!  And the pics of them driving up the trees in the Dusy/Ershim trail!  It's giving off road companies a bad name, including those that are very responsible in the industry, ie..  Marlin, All-Pro, and various others!  TG wants to show how tuff their stuff is, but in a bad way!  Fuel for the fire for government, and all the tree huggers!  Keep it on the trails. 
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

Hottrod81

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Feb '05
  • Full Trucker Effect
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Nov 09, 2006, 04:54:08 PM »
Another reason for them to ban lifted rigs on the hwy!  I've seen some of the videos that trail gear puts out, and some of them should have never been taped!  And the pics of them driving up the trees in the Dusy/Ershim trail!  It's giving off road companies a bad name, including those that are very responsible in the industry, ie..  Marlin, All-Pro, and various others!  TG wants to show how tuff their stuff is, but in a bad way!  Fuel for the fire for government, and all the tree huggers!  Keep it on the trails. 

X2

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Nov 09, 2006, 05:10:40 PM »
x3  but  :lipsrsealed:

unclejpl4x4

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 348
  • Male Posts: 3,522
  • Member since Apr '05
  • Broke & rusted
    • View Profile
    • myspace
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #27 on: Nov 09, 2006, 05:27:40 PM »
all :bs: aside  IT is possible 2 URBAN WHEEL  with out being a mall crawler.

mall crawler = clean truck  lifted chrome  and OMG A PUDLE let me get my jacket 2 lay over top the puddle.

Urban crawler is is a lifted truck   owned buy a resourceful driver who sees rocks and hills  where  parking bumpers loading docks  are  even tho i have never seen "urban crawling" i can picture it
build thread http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=39214.0
CB install http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=45467.0
roundeyes http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=33294.0;highlight=round+eyes
LC exhaust head 2 tip, EB RVstreethead O/S valves,EB  268c/torker cam , .20 over , metal t-chain wear pads
MARLIN clutch 1200, master clutch cly

miks85yota

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -210
  • Member since Mar '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Nov 10, 2006, 08:02:06 AM »
i suppose

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Nov 10, 2006, 08:14:09 AM »
sounds like they been watching "trailgear TV"  :shake:

Exactly! That was my first thought.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)