Author Topic: My dad veto'd my truck idea....  (Read 1874 times)

wa4x4

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: -310
  • Male Posts: 1,569
  • Member since Jul '05
  • I'm about to tear the curb up
    • View Profile
My dad veto'd my truck idea....
« on: Oct 11, 2006, 08:15:20 PM »
So I have saved up 2,700 and have an ATV that needs a tiny bit of work, that I just do not want to do at all, because I do not enjoying up at the 4x4 areas because I would much rather be in a truck (I miss my 80 & my 94...). I brought up the idea of trading the ATV for a truck, and he doesn't want me to get a truck, even if I don't use the ATV as trade, which is kind of BS.

Gah....guess I gotta wait until this spring when I can put a truck in my own name...I just need something to wrench on, and wrenching on my daily gets too expensive and I just want a project.

I'll keep working at him, he might budge since it has been a pretty bad month for us, as our tow rig is broken down with a puking tranny, my sister's tranny went out in her Jeep, we just got it back today, I took it for the test drive and all of it's problems are back after spending the the entire value of the Jeep on parts and labor, and it still isn't fixed. Plus my car needs it's service and an alignment after putting coilovers on it, his Mercedes needs a new wheel bearing and power steering pump (making funny noises), plus the car payments on 3 cars, and insuring 6 cars.
2007 Satin white pearl STi- mostly stock
2006 WRX TR 320whp 343wtq, taken in a road rage wreck
1998 4runner, needs to become wheeler status

rednk1980

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 1,295
  • Member since Mar '06
  • Pull Your Panties to the side!
    • View Profile
Re: My dad veto'd my truck idea....
« Reply #1 on: Oct 11, 2006, 08:24:31 PM »
bummer!
HOLD ON TIGHT! :driving: :hammerhead:
1983 Toyota SR5 long box bobbed 17" doved 14" bed cage, 22re, w56 tranny, working on dual cases 23 spline 4.70 twin sticks driveline disco. Dana 44 front, Dana 60 rear disk brakes and ff.

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #2 on: Oct 11, 2006, 08:32:43 PM »
:haha: sucks being a kid.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

boggerunner

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 9
  • Male Posts: 3,140
  • Member since May '06
  • Philberbuilt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Oct 11, 2006, 09:05:30 PM »
dang that sucks, ive got 6 or 7 toyotas in my name, but only 3 1/2 still exist

wa4x4 [OP]

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: -310
  • Male Posts: 1,569
  • Member since Jul '05
  • I'm about to tear the curb up
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Oct 11, 2006, 09:07:15 PM »
It does. I have to keep at it, but by the winter I may have a truck, after everything gets settled out.

I almost had a heart attack this morning when I saw the tow rig gone..... the pan gasket is toast, and he drove it all day today.... it got there and back, and didnt really puke all that bad, so he got lucky.

What's weird is he's let me have a truck before....
2007 Satin white pearl STi- mostly stock
2006 WRX TR 320whp 343wtq, taken in a road rage wreck
1998 4runner, needs to become wheeler status

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Oct 11, 2006, 11:28:59 PM »
Since he let you have one before but won't let you now, are you sure you didn't burn him somehow?  Maybe he got just as pissed as the rest of us for you cutting up that first gen  :yupyup:
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #6 on: Oct 12, 2006, 10:01:43 AM »
So I have saved up 2,700 and have an ATV that needs a tiny bit of work, that I just do not want to do at all, because I do not enjoying up at the 4x4 areas because I would much rather be in a truck (I miss my 80 & my 94...). I brought up the idea of trading the ATV for a truck, and he doesn't want me to get a truck, even if I don't use the ATV as trade, which is kind of BS.

Gah....guess I gotta wait until this spring when I can put a truck in my own name...I just need something to wrench on, and wrenching on my daily gets too expensive and I just want a project.

I'll keep working at him, he might budge since it has been a pretty bad month for us, as our tow rig is broken down with a puking tranny, my sister's tranny went out in her Jeep, we just got it back today, I took it for the test drive and all of it's problems are back after spending the the entire value of the Jeep on parts and labor, and it still isn't fixed. Plus my car needs it's service and an alignment after putting coilovers on it, his Mercedes needs a new wheel bearing and power steering pump (making funny noises), plus the car payments on 3 cars, and insuring 6 cars.

Wrench on your quad :thumbs: Or your bike :thumbs: Or your computer :thumbs: Or your dad's Mercedes :thumbs: Get creative :gap:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

blackdiamond

• Turtle Points: 1174
  • Male Posts: 5,057
  • Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Oct 12, 2006, 12:04:04 PM »
As long as Dad's in charge, Dad's in charge.  Beggers can't be choosers.   :rivers:
1989 4Runner: Dual Ultimate (Inchworm front & Marlin 4.70 rear), Marlin Twin Stick, 1200-lb clutch, 4.88 R&P, Aussie Front, Detroit rear, 30-spline Longs, Long hub gears, ARP hub and knuckle studs & 35x12.50 Cooper STT PRO tires.  Marlin rear bumper & sliders.  FROR front bumper.  SAS with Alcan springs & Rancho 9000XL shocks.  Budbuilt Bolt-on traction bar.  Custom Interior Cage by Those Guys Rod and Customs.

Moab Tested & Rubicon Approved

jimbo74

• Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Oct 12, 2006, 12:13:01 PM »
As long as Dad's in charge, Dad's in charge.  Beggers can't be choosers.   :rivers:

yup, i agree with that ^^^^ i'm 24 but still live with my parents, i dont have a car right now and want a bike, my dad said when you move out you can get whatever bike you want
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Oct 13, 2006, 04:17:33 PM »
Wrench on your quad :thumbs: Or your bike :thumbs: Or your computer :thumbs: Or your dad's Mercedes :thumbs: Get creative :gap:

:werd:

Since he let you have one before but won't let you now, are you sure you didn't burn him somehow?  Maybe he got just as pissed as the rest of us for you cutting up that first gen  :yupyup:
To be honest, he's probably tired of you starting projects, and not finishing them once you get deep into them
  :dunno: 
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent