Author Topic: creature comforts  (Read 2570 times)

dune_it86

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 323
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Toyfanatic
    • View Profile
creature comforts
« on: Sep 26, 2006, 04:05:57 PM »
i have an extremely base model 94 single cab 4x4 toy, i would like to get intermitened wiper blades (not on it stock), i would like to also get a/c but i think tht is a dream( also not stock), any one installed this after cuz i would like to

86turboyota

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Male Posts: 1,079
  • Member since Jul '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Re: creature comforts
« Reply #1 on: Sep 26, 2006, 09:01:58 PM »
i have a friend with a 94 toy 2x4 that has aftermarket AC... he didnt do it, but there are kits out there for it.
My Build 1986 4runner SAS 36s etc
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=22625.0

"Later, I learned that even though I engage 4WD my hubs are not automatically locking? Something about manual locking hubs I think. What's manual mean? I need to read a manual to lock them? lol  So I found these neat autolocking hubs and installed them. Sometimes they dont stay locked while I am backing up, but that's fine because I dont have a backup camera to see where Im going (like our RV) so I just simply dont ever back up"- BigMike

CaptSpalding

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Male Posts: 5
  • Member since May '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sep 26, 2006, 10:46:21 PM »
Get a big power inverter, a new alt and Optima battery, then plug in a house AC unit, and cut out your back window to make it fit. Should work good. Just remember to tilt the AC unit towards the ground in the back.  :biggthumpup:
When you need it, and don't have it, you'll sing a different tune. -Burt Gummer

jimbo74

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sep 26, 2006, 10:48:58 PM »
jsut getthe stuff fro the factory a/c, it will all bolt on
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

dune_it86 [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Toyfanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sep 27, 2006, 07:02:07 AM »
what about the wipers what do i need to get the intermittened

Cheesemaker

• Turtle Points: 1346
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sep 27, 2006, 11:12:55 AM »
Check a haynes, chilton or factory service manuals to see what the difference in wiring is!  And maybe all ya need is the controller/switch. 
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

Gittinit

• throttle jockey!
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 28
  • Male Posts: 2,293
  • Member since Sep '06
  • out from under my rock, and ready to roll
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sep 27, 2006, 03:35:29 PM »
Is your wallet physicaly attachet to the seat? Why not sell this truck, and buy one whith the creature comforts you want? the work,and cost it would take wouldnt justify keeping the truck.  :smack:
Hug your kids, pray for a soldier, and don't sweat the small stuff.

my favorite places:
http://www.flatnasty.net/
http://www.orvpark.com/

– fortysixandtwo – sorry, i prefer marlin because aside from gittinit, no one is a know it all a hole

dune_it86 [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Toyfanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sep 29, 2006, 04:49:12 AM »
i dont mind spend in time putiing the stuff on the truck and i got hook ups at junk yards so for me it is more cos effective to doit my self then to sell and buy another

Gittinit

• throttle jockey!
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 28
  • Male Posts: 2,293
  • Member since Sep '06
  • out from under my rock, and ready to roll
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sep 29, 2006, 06:09:20 AM »
Plus ya get to learn all that cool mechanicin type stuff. :laugh:  A friend once told me that the heat/air systems on most cars/trucks is the most complicated system to work on. I think that is why most old car guys just spend the money for aftermarket systems, instead of retrofitting something from a newer vehicle. I wish I had your determination, becouse no matter how I see it , it seems like alot of work. :thumbs:
Hug your kids, pray for a soldier, and don't sweat the small stuff.

my favorite places:
http://www.flatnasty.net/
http://www.orvpark.com/

– fortysixandtwo – sorry, i prefer marlin because aside from gittinit, no one is a know it all a hole

86turboyota

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Male Posts: 1,079
  • Member since Jul '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Sep 29, 2006, 09:08:04 AM »
i dont think it'll be all that bad... for the AC .. you should just find a similar year truck in the wrecking yard and pull everything off of it.  You will have to do some major disasembly in the cab, but it is do able.
My Build 1986 4runner SAS 36s etc
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=22625.0

"Later, I learned that even though I engage 4WD my hubs are not automatically locking? Something about manual locking hubs I think. What's manual mean? I need to read a manual to lock them? lol  So I found these neat autolocking hubs and installed them. Sometimes they dont stay locked while I am backing up, but that's fine because I dont have a backup camera to see where Im going (like our RV) so I just simply dont ever back up"- BigMike

Dooner

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 217
  • Male Posts: 769
  • Member since Feb '05
  • Invest in precious metal
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #10 on: Oct 04, 2006, 12:03:43 AM »
It can be done. Go down to your local T.A.P. Recycler and theyll sell you everything you need, including AC parts, brackets and wiring for under $350. You can probably get the stuff cheaper at other yards. I bolted everything up under the hood and then had a shop do the underdash stuff and charge the system.
"Project Land Cruzah" In Land Cruiser Section
71 FJ40 327/465/ 4.7 Mini T/c, Trussed, Armored Mini Axles w/ High Cross Over, Aussie Lockers & 30 spline Longs.  p/s 35's, SOA, , .  86 Burb D-60 14 bolt 350/400/205 37's.  02 F350 Tow Barge, Toyo 38's, Banks 5" Wicked wheel turbo, Edge Juice w/ Attitude, Blah Blah Blah

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Oct 04, 2006, 12:49:00 AM »
for the AC you should just find a similar year truck in the wrecking yard and pull everything off of it

Ditto.  Pick n pull should have what ya need if you're patient.  I still kick myself in the ass for not snaggin all the ac crap off a nice 94 on half price day.  As for the wipers, you should be able to get the switch assembly with intermittent, but to make it work you need the wiper relay off the same truck.  Mine didn't work on my truck for years, then I finally grabbed an int. relay from pnp and they work fine.  I also grabbed another set of int. switches for future projects or incase mine go out.  I kinda like buying spares from them, specially on half price days. 
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

Prismo

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 8602
  • Member since Oct '03
  • Living in the green house
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Oct 04, 2006, 12:57:05 AM »
You can buy a kit to convert to intermitant at most parts stores. I installed one on the Tercel wagon because it didn't have that feature. Easy to install & it works fine.
Retired Great White Turtle Hunter
Originally posted by fortysixandtwo – sheesh, you should see the transvestites i sell ammo to sometimes

toada

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -167
  • Male Posts: 21
  • Member since Jun '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Oct 05, 2006, 11:00:04 PM »
It can be done. Go down to your local T.A.P. Recycler and theyll sell you everything you need, including AC parts, brackets and wiring for under $350. You can probably get the stuff cheaper at other yards. I bolted everything up under the hood and then had a shop do the underdash stuff and charge the system.

tap no no no!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2424&highlight=tap

Dooner

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 217
  • Male Posts: 769
  • Member since Feb '05
  • Invest in precious metal
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #14 on: Oct 06, 2006, 10:31:56 PM »
Pay TAP prices or another summer in Fresno with no A/C...
"Project Land Cruzah" In Land Cruiser Section
71 FJ40 327/465/ 4.7 Mini T/c, Trussed, Armored Mini Axles w/ High Cross Over, Aussie Lockers & 30 spline Longs.  p/s 35's, SOA, , .  86 Burb D-60 14 bolt 350/400/205 37's.  02 F350 Tow Barge, Toyo 38's, Banks 5" Wicked wheel turbo, Edge Juice w/ Attitude, Blah Blah Blah