Author Topic: Don't you hate it when  (Read 1488 times)

ZukIzzy

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -113
  • Member since Dec '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Don't you hate it when
« on: Aug 22, 2006, 03:51:35 PM »
You buy new 1ton high steer stuff for your wifes rig.

put it on and find the tie rod hits the Pitman arm, so you move the box forward and find the winch will no longer fit and the grill and radiator need to be cut and moved, so you alter the  grill and radiator to fit and now the fan hits the radiator, so you build a new shroud and install electric fans, temp switchs and relays,now the trany cooler won't fit any more, so you move things again till it all kind of fits, except the winch which now has to be offset and 3 inches narrower, so you cut 4" out of the winch spindle and supports and now you have a cool comp style redneck HF winch but you still have to get the winch plate between the frame rails and the Howe PS box and when that is done you spend hours wondering how to get any sort of structural crossmember back in there til you trip over a scrap peice of  steel in the yard after you have given up for the night and hit hits you (literaly and figurativly at the same time) and this piece of steel in the scrap pile fits like a glove and in the end.........

A job that should have taken 2 hours tops, has eaten 42 hours of time out of an already full schedule. You worked this whole time on HER rig and she is mad at you for spending too much time in the shop while yor rig sits and leaks oil out of every seal cause you just don't have the time to fix it and the trial fix from a year ago is now the permanate fix and I would not trade it for the world cause all I have to say is F#%^ it lets go wheelin and she will help pack the rigs and wheel anywhere cause she loves it as much as I do.

We will be at the hammer for labor day if you wanna do a night run :biggthumpup: :disturbed:

Wayne

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
Re: Don't you hate it when
« Reply #1 on: Aug 22, 2006, 04:31:52 PM »
That sounds about typical for just about everyone here. :rofl:
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

Shoyrtt

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 1,294
  • Member since Feb '05
  • VH Runner
    • View Profile
Re: Don't you hate it when
« Reply #2 on: Aug 29, 2006, 10:27:10 AM »
You buy new 1ton high steer stuff for your wifes rig.

put it on and find the tie rod hits the Pitman arm, so you move the box forward and find the winch will no longer fit and the grill and radiator need to be cut and moved, so you alter the  grill and radiator to fit and now the fan hits the radiator, so you build a new shroud and install electric fans, temp switchs and relays,now the trany cooler won't fit any more, so you move things again till it all kind of fits, except the winch which now has to be offset and 3 inches narrower, so you cut 4" out of the winch spindle and supports and now you have a cool comp style redneck HF winch but you still have to get the winch plate between the frame rails and the Howe PS box and when that is done you spend hours wondering how to get any sort of structural crossmember back in there til you trip over a scrap peice of  steel in the yard after you have given up for the night and hit hits you (literaly and figurativly at the same time) and this piece of steel in the scrap pile fits like a glove and in the end.........

A job that should have taken 2 hours tops, has eaten 42 hours of time out of an already full schedule. You worked this whole time on HER rig and she is mad at you for spending too much time in the shop while yor rig sits and leaks oil out of every seal cause you just don't have the time to fix it and the trial fix from a year ago is now the permanate fix and I would not trade it for the world cause all I have to say is F#%^ it lets go wheelin and she will help pack the rigs and wheel anywhere cause she loves it as much as I do.

We will be at the hammer for labor day if you wanna do a night run :biggthumpup: :disturbed:

Wayne
But didn't you have fun in the shop doing all that work. :biggthumpup:

Hammers night run this weekend might be doable. I'll check with the boss. :crossed: :blah:
JOIN THE BLUE RIBBON COALITION!

http://www.sharetrails.org/