Author Topic: RELLY NEED HELP FIGURING OUT STARTER WIRING A.S.A.P HELP!!!  (Read 1862 times)

Doc Holiday

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Apr '06
    • View Profile
Ok here is my problem, i have problems with my wiring for starting my truck, this is what i did today, ok so i have one wire coming from the ignition, another wire coming from the starter, and another wire coming from the battery, when i touch the wire coming from the starter with the wire coming from the battery the engine cranks over and starts, but how do i conncet the other wire coming from the ignition so i can use the key to start it and not start it by touching the other wires.
Can someone please help, i need to solve this problem today, and i am running out of daylight.   PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE HELP ME!! :help: :help:

i also forgot to mention that my truck is a 1980 toyota 4x4 with a 20r and i also have push button, my main concern is figuring out how to conncet the ignition wire to the wires coming from the battery and the starter!!

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
just run the wire from the push button  to the small terminal on the starter

thats all
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

FATTshack

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 129
  • Male Posts: 316
  • Member since Jun '05
  • BLUEY the WONDERSLUG
    • View Profile
    • The FATT Shack

Doc Holiday [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Apr '06
    • View Profile
relly , i will go try and see if it works, thanks!!!!

Doc Holiday [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Apr '06
    • View Profile
YeeeeeHaaaaa, it works, should i be worried about my battery exploding i dont have a fuse to it.  basicly this is my setup, i have the wire coming from the push button dirrectly to the wire coming from the starter, it seems to start right up.

Thanks Coyotee.

:wave: