Author Topic: need a loose 4 cyl third member will trade gear setting labor  (Read 2009 times)

Sundowner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -11
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
I just need a cheap loose third member.
nothing fancy, a 4cyl 4.10 or 4.30 will do.
I still have to regear the front axle on my rig and I want to minimize the down time when I tear into front axle.
something local to the NJ NY state line would be cool.

heck, if you have a 4cyl third you want regeared, send me your third and the gears+kit and I'll send back my third with your new gears in it.

BoG-ToY

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 594
  • Male Posts: 2,122
  • Member since Dec '05
    • View Profile
your meaning an eight inch or a 7.5? Ive got a 7.5 out of the rear of a 2wd truck I could prolly send you for the cost of shipping from pensacola florida, but your probably meaning an 8inch
Sand, what fun, drop pressure to 12psi, stock tires are still digging, can't afford to get stuck, 8psi, still not working. Find a place to GET OUT, air up, un-lock hubs,  WAIT whats this, hubs are UN-LOCKED already. 2wd, 8psi, stock tires, Oregon sand dunes.

Sundowner [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
your meaning an eight inch or a 7.5? Ive got a 7.5 out of the rear of a 2wd truck I could prolly send you for the cost of shipping from pensacola florida, but your probably meaning an 8inch

yeah, thanks, but I need an 8" third.

ensmyers

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -128
  • Member since Dec '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
I have an 8" in Griswold, CT that is yours for free is you want it.  The only thing is I want you to take the whole axle.  I actually have three narrow tracks that I am trying to get rid of.
Let me know.

Sundowner [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
I have an 8" in Griswold, CT that is yours for free is you want it.  The only thing is I want you to take the whole axle.  I actually have three narrow tracks that I am trying to get rid of.
Let me know.

I'd love to take that axle, but you're three hours away from me.
any way I can talk you into shipping the third? ;)

BoG-ToY

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 594
  • Male Posts: 2,122
  • Member since Dec '05
    • View Profile
I wish I could take the other two.....but too far for me as well, all I really need is the thirds... but might be able to make use of the reast of the axles
Sand, what fun, drop pressure to 12psi, stock tires are still digging, can't afford to get stuck, 8psi, still not working. Find a place to GET OUT, air up, un-lock hubs,  WAIT whats this, hubs are UN-LOCKED already. 2wd, 8psi, stock tires, Oregon sand dunes.

ensmyers

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -128
  • Member since Dec '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
I am sorry but I really do not have the time right now to pull them apart and package the thrids for shipment.  If I find some time I will let you know, but for right now they are just sitting.  Sorry.

FSAD

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Mar '06
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
i have a front 3rd out of an 84.  $40 plus shipping from colorado springs, 80919

email me if you want it

mike
84 ext cab project: current status-complete frame off: 4.3 is at the rebuilder's, 700R4 and dual cases still in the works. front lift prolly ORS's coilover. Rear-TBD. Will upgrade the axle shafts and birfs (longs) and brakes. 37" to 38" tires. Mostly a crawler, explorer vehicle, will drive on street some. Lots to go still...gutted cab needs seats, dash, etc, build the "bed", fuel cell, exo cage(?) and misc other stuff I'm sure I'm forgetting. Open to suggestions as I go.