Author Topic: Flat bed kit to my yellow yota "Big Bird"  (Read 5040 times)

82toyotakid

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 117
  • Member since Mar '06
    • View Profile
Flat bed kit to my yellow yota "Big Bird"
« on: Apr 13, 2006, 01:04:55 PM »
i plan to get a flatbed kit as well as cut my exhaust out of the way , maybe to add on to that i might add some lockers and maybe if i earn enough money i will give it new axles, any ideas on brands or pricing any help would be appreciated thanx

Ramrod

• smelling like vag and loving it
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: -59
  • Male Posts: 3,600
  • Member since Jan '05
  • fully bodied & Fully getting it
    • View Profile
Re: Flat bed kit to my yellow yota "Big Bird"
« Reply #1 on: Apr 13, 2006, 02:53:12 PM »
you should look around more before you make a post like this is my idea.

82toyotakid [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Mar '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Apr 13, 2006, 09:28:16 PM »
what do u mean this is ur idea sorry if it was didn't see anything

wa4x4

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: -310
  • Male Posts: 1,569
  • Member since Jul '05
  • I'm about to tear the curb up
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Apr 13, 2006, 09:39:59 PM »
You should search before you post. Or put more thought and effort into your posts. If you are asking a question relating to your truck describe your truck (year, longbed/shortbed, etc.) and if you have any special circumstances (if there is soemthing special you want) then let us know and you will get a better answer. With us you get back what you put in.
2007 Satin white pearl STi- mostly stock
2006 WRX TR 320whp 343wtq, taken in a road rage wreck
1998 4runner, needs to become wheeler status

82toyotakid [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Mar '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Apr 14, 2006, 01:04:29 PM »
oh its a 1982 longbed pickup for everyone to know sorry will be more specific on it next time..

RustyToy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 481
  • Member since Dec '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Apr 16, 2006, 06:17:40 PM »
Sometimes i think the wonderful people that have bin on the board for awile forgot what it was like to start out building, or how much we didn't know about when we started building. Remember the days of just buying a 3 inch lift. Wow look how far we have come, now we are welding and chopping, Grinding and fabing. Be patient and read a lot. 
I'd like to quit thinking of the present as some minor insignificant preamble to something else~~~~~

MiniSimp

• Outdoor Enthusiast
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 5,120
  • Member since Jan '05
  • SimpsonBrothers.net
    • View Profile
    • Simpson Brothers Photography
« Reply #6 on: Apr 16, 2006, 06:48:58 PM »
i plan to get a flatbed kit as well as cut my exhaust out of the way , maybe to add on to that i might add some lockers and maybe if i earn enough money i will give it new axles, any ideas on brands or pricing any help would be appreciated thanx
Ok, I'll play the nice guy.
1. Flat Bed "Kit" - All Pro Offroad
2. Lockers - This depends on weather or not you have money. If no money - Weld the rear, Aussie up front. If some money - Aussie front and rear. If lots of money ARB front and rear.
3. New Axles - Lots of Money - New Style Longfield 30 Spline's or Less Money Marlin Crawler UM-06's.

RustyToy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 481
  • Member since Dec '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Apr 16, 2006, 06:59:35 PM »
wait on the flatbed kit till you bash up your bed... its easier to get rid of when its smashed up a lil.
I'd like to quit thinking of the present as some minor insignificant preamble to something else~~~~~

cheap sunglasses

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 59
  • Male Posts: 256
  • Member since Dec '05
  • Soon to be shorter and slower :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Apr 17, 2006, 11:48:13 PM »
Sometimes i think the wonderful people that have bin on the board for awile forgot what it was like to start out building, or how much we didn't know about when we started building. Remember the days of just buying a 3 inch lift. Wow look how far we have come, now we are welding and chopping, Grinding and fabing. Be patient and read a lot. 
I know what you mean about this, I was in the same spot not too long ago. Now, according to the top of the page, I have been logged in for 1 day, 6 hours, and 47 minutes and I only have 30-40? ish posts. Search really works, and if you can't find it on this site theres always pirate and ..yotatech (I guess) and a bunch of others.

..sorry that was off topic. Anyway, I would suggest getting the biggest tires you can cram onto your truck as the first mod.
'82 on 35's, not much else.

Willy Mammoth

• Rock Ninja
  • Male Posts: 4,252
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Apr 18, 2006, 04:21:56 AM »
Sorry to see the natives are jumping on the new guys. I saw nothing wrong with your post and to send someone to another board for answers that can be obtained here is just assinine.

Ask any questions you want and you will get an answer, maybe you won't get the one you want, but you will always get an answer.

You can search for stuff too if you like, but it is not mandatory.
:usa: American by birth, redneck by choice. 

Making Of http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=6472.0  

Sightings Of  http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=10805.0

Short_Bus

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Male Posts: 23
  • Member since Jan '06
  • Short Bus Rules
    • View Profile
    • We-Go-Offroad
« Reply #10 on: Apr 18, 2006, 07:50:10 AM »
I just recently put an AllPro flat bed kit on mine and I love it.  I have an 82 with an 84 cab on it and it seems to work pretty good.  Things you should know, AllPro kits aren't made for trucks with a body lift, they are not high enough so mine had to be extended to get above the cab line.  The kit required lots of cutting and notching and there were no instructions what so ever.  The kit was I think $399 and the shipping was another $250 to have sent to KY.  Check around at some of the offroad shops near you because most of the time they could probably build you a custom flat bed for cheaper. 
Here are a few pics of mine, hope this helps out in your quest for a flat bed.   :inthedark:
82 Yota
Propane Powered
5.29 Locked F&R
38" Beadlocked Swampers

cheap sunglasses

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 59
  • Male Posts: 256
  • Member since Dec '05
  • Soon to be shorter and slower :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Apr 18, 2006, 01:30:03 PM »
...and to send someone to another board for answers that can be obtained here is just assinine.
If you're referring to my post, read it again, I think you will find that's not what I meant at all.
Your post is quite valid though, this is not Pirate4x4.
'82 on 35's, not much else.

Skinny_Pedal

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 89
  • Male Posts: 2,833
  • Member since Apr '04
  • work so I can support my lifestyle
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #12 on: Apr 18, 2006, 05:18:53 PM »
You should search before you post. Or put more thought and effort into your posts. If you are asking a question relating to your truck describe your truck (year, longbed/shortbed, etc.) and if you have any special circumstances (if there is soemthing special you want) then let us know and you will get a better answer. With us you get back what you put in.

you should not jump the gun on newbies. to me you still are a newb. you may have a high post count but that don't mean nothing.

and as for the flatbed kit, why exactly do you want one? in your pics it looks as though you have a nice bed. i would just bob it and run it for awhile. the money saved in the flatbed could be used towards other goodies. but thats just my  :twocents:
Im an OG

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Apr 18, 2006, 07:43:33 PM »
I think the main reason people go with flat beds is because theirs is too damaged from the rocks or rust to be usable, or they need something to tie their cage into.  IF your bed is in good shape, run it, and if you want clearanced, think about bobbing it or dovetailing it.  I dread the day I get rid of my bed, once you have a flat bed, you can't just toss stuff in and go, you actually have to tie stuff down (on the road, not when you're wheelin :smack: )  I haul a 3 wheeler, a dirtbike, and other misc. crap in my bed, and with a flatbed, I'd have to really strap them down, in my truck I can toss 'm in, and throw a ratchet strap across.

Other than that info, what minisimp said is about what you should do probably
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent