Author Topic: Immigration  (Read 11132 times)

red

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 199
  • Male Posts: 1,616
  • Member since Jan '05
  • irish redhead texan, interesting combo
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
Re: Immigration
« Reply #90 on: Apr 05, 2006, 12:58:12 PM »
think we got a little off topic here.immigration has always been a factor for me and my family, long before these recent debates by idiot politicians.
immigration is a benefit to our economy and diversity, that is not the question here. the question is ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION. What should be done to prevent more of it happening? and what should be done about those that are here right now?
read and comment :whip:

USAF EOD tech

TigerToy

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 77
  • Member since Apr '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: Apr 05, 2006, 03:31:38 PM »
Can't disagree with that except that the trickle down effect does hurt everyone when million's if not billions evaporte in a major corp. failure. It would hurt either way so why not save the company, the jobs you and I hold, the small investor that's just struggling to have a retirement portfolio. Look at who got burnt the most with what happened to Enron. Not the biggies sure some of them are going to pay for it, but for the most part we are absorbing the cost of their failure....... hey I thought we were discussing immigration. :headscratch:

Immigration has everything to do with the power and wealth of corporations.  First of all they are the cause of people wanting to come here.  NAFTA was billed as a way to help alleviate some of these people searching for work by bringing the opportunity to them - it has not.  Secondly, the hiring of illegals is a representation of the belief that all working class people in the USA and across the world should live a lifestyle similar to that of illegals - a third world lifestyle.  In other words, the Walmarts of the world show how much they value their workers by hiring people they can pay nothing and offer no benefits to.

brainlessfool

• It's not my problem if you can't hear the voices too.
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2730
  • Male Posts: 4,207
  • Member since Jun '02
  • drive fast or the devil may get ya
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
« Reply #92 on: Apr 05, 2006, 09:18:26 PM »
It seems much more effective to go after the people hiring them.  If there was no availability of jobs then why would they come here?  Instead of going after ten illegals go after the one business owner hiring them. 

Just when I'm thinking TT is spending to much time listening to the lib's at the front of his class room he goes and says what I've saying for years!

I don't agree with ya very much, butt one this one point I sure do!

Can't blame the poor for wanting to do better, butt the ppl that hand out jobs for half of what they would have to pay for a citizen to do the work should be held accountable to the fullest extent of the law.

They are the one's holding out the carrot on the stick to the poor uneducated masses hopping for better.
A good day working, that's just sick :reg:

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1363
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: Apr 06, 2006, 12:44:05 PM »
I know of many companies that hire illegals, knowing that they are illegals, and when they get caught, nothing happens.  They just put up a help wanted poster!  I think they should be held responsible for hiring them!  When you got fifteen employees that have the same SSN# come on don't be stupid! 

I don't know if any of ya got wind of what's going down in the Katrina rebuild?  They are finding companies that are hiring illegals to help build homes and when it comes to the end of the month, just before payday "somebody" calls immigration and all the illegals go running without a paycheck!  That is wrong and the company needs to be held accountable! 

It all boils down to the all mighty dollar, the more money you make by paying less to an illegal, knowing that they won't go screaming to the government! 
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

TigerToy

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 77
  • Member since Apr '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: Apr 06, 2006, 02:08:46 PM »
I know of many companies that hire illegals, knowing that they are illegals, and when they get caught, nothing happens.  They just put up a help wanted poster!  I think they should be held responsible for hiring them!  When you got fifteen employees that have the same SSN# come on don't be stupid! 

I don't know if any of ya got wind of what's going down in the Katrina rebuild?  They are finding companies that are hiring illegals to help build homes and when it comes to the end of the month, just before payday "somebody" calls immigration and all the illegals go running without a paycheck!  That is wrong and the company needs to be held accountable! 

It all boils down to the all mighty dollar, the more money you make by paying less to an illegal, knowing that they won't go screaming to the government! 

:) Nice to see plenty of like minded individuals here.

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: Apr 06, 2006, 02:20:34 PM »
:) Nice to see plenty of like minded individuals here.

I think on this exclusive topic, you'll find that most people agree.  :yupyup:

People hiring illegals should be penalized.  In my opinion, if you know they're illegal, and you hire them, you may as well hire someone with a warrant out for their arrest.  Its the same thing!
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

red

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 199
  • Male Posts: 1,616
  • Member since Jan '05
  • irish redhead texan, interesting combo
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer