Author Topic: cleghorn ridge trail report and pics!!!  (Read 2429 times)

hytech_redneck

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Member since Mar '06
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
cleghorn ridge trail report and pics!!!
« on: Mar 22, 2006, 11:32:15 PM »
i hit this trail solo with my bro riding passenger. fun drive especially once i hit the 4500 foot mark because it was snowy up top. climbing those hills with the mud and slush was not an easy task. this trail rates easy but i say that the trail required alot of skill and pacience to climb. alot of close calls and sliping accured. all in all it was clear out and the views were great. ill be heading back up there in a week or so. it was merely impossible to take the more difficult trails due to the snow and being that i dont have lockers yet.anyways i recomend the trail this time of year bring on a new chalenge with high cautions like that. pilot rock was closed. too bad i wanted to hit that too. oh and i took twice as long climbing the trail because i kept stoping to pick up othe people's trash along the way. i got about 2-3 trash bags full of beer bottles and other crap along the trail. i would love for this trail to remain open so please if u go leave nothing behind  take out what u took in. thanks so much guys enjoy these pics!!!

Shoyrtt

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 1,294
  • Member since Feb '05
  • VH Runner
    • View Profile
Re: cleghorn ridge trail report and pics!!!
« Reply #1 on: Mar 23, 2006, 10:35:49 AM »
Great pictures! What was Grizzly Adams doing out on the trail. :ha_ha:
JOIN THE BLUE RIBBON COALITION!

http://www.sharetrails.org/

ZukIzzy

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -113
  • Member since Dec '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Re: cleghorn ridge trail report and pics!!!
« Reply #2 on: Mar 23, 2006, 10:49:10 AM »
thats a cool little trail, If you take some of the bypases you can make it an E-ticket :scared: In the third pic down you can see 2N17 that leaves from the Silverwood Dam. If you take a quick left up the hill right after the start that is 2n17X and the first climb starts fun and just gets better. I don't know if I would have a go at it if it were wet. Maybe in a toy with the longer WB but not in my zuk and probly not in the YJ, Dry it is fun no problems. Try it some time it is a good day run.

the trash is left by the locals who use the road to go and Party. I have seen many rigs over the side and trashed because of too much  :beerchug: and then tying to drive out.  Sucks cause we get blamed.

Wayne