Author Topic: Hey I am back been busy fitting my Marlin into my Hilux  (Read 1744 times)

BIG BALLS

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 37
  • Member since Jun '05
  • Crawling with Marlin and ARB Lockers front rear
    • View Profile
Hello I am back, got some as the Afikaanse mense se' here in South Africa, I have some "LEKKER" photo's to show you all, please all your comments will be appreciated, you can even email me direct to
Longdrop@xsinet.co.za or Nomad@xsinet.co.za or phone me at 27 45 839 5238 home not cell number 082 499 1924 not sure of the code.

:attention:

Looking at these photo's will show you that we do not take any short cuts, we do things mod's correctly the first time.

Photo of the Hilux at home on the two post lift, it is so much easier to work on a vehicle in the air like this

We had the rear std propshaft shortened, but we found that the angles with the centre bearing were incorrect thus we threw it off, to have it modified in the first place cost R750. but I have to pay the guy this amount in biltong, he is happy, thus we then had a front propshaft modified and lengthened by 165mm and did away with the centre bearing, see other photo's for details.

The actual front section of the rear propshaft was fine at the rear output flange, the problem was at the centre bearing.

check the rubber on the centre bearing, no good, we picked this up by the rubber burning and also when the rear revolver shackles dropped.

Note to be able to use a front propshaft on the rear of your vehicle, you have to use a front output shaft, the spline size is the same, but the OD of the flange is different.

No vibrations, no problems, we are very very happen that we took your advise with the rear propshaft fitment.

Must go and sleep now, it is 22h00 Hope you enjoyed these pic's so far, will post some more Sunday the 26th Feb 2006. in the morning. :sleepy:

arb lockers front rear black diamond 85mm body lift marlin crawler twin stick coming 33" x1250x15 bridgestone m/t and a/t 10 J rims dual roll bars rear revolver shackles front SYRON CONVERSION bumper and kew 8000 winch tow points front rear shortened loadbody cab slider free flow branches 4Y engine power steering cd front loader invertor a pair of big balls hanging at the rear grade 3 anti theft pepper spray system rhino seat covers rhino tarp arb compressor co2 air tank high lift spade axe

alwaysbroken

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -80
  • Male Posts: 98
  • Member since Jan '06
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Nice shop..  :thumbs:
89 4 Runner, 3.0, 5spd, 2.28 crawl box, 4-1 atlas, prorock 60 up front, crd60 out back, on 37" mtr's

BIG BALLS [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 37
  • Member since Jun '05
  • Crawling with Marlin and ARB Lockers front rear
    • View Profile
Yeah, between Ronny (my friend in the photo's) and myself we have most tools that you can think of, special tools for the Hilux's and the Jeep, all metal working tools, a 55 ton hydraulic press, the two poster, plazma cutter etc etc
arb lockers front rear black diamond 85mm body lift marlin crawler twin stick coming 33" x1250x15 bridgestone m/t and a/t 10 J rims dual roll bars rear revolver shackles front SYRON CONVERSION bumper and kew 8000 winch tow points front rear shortened loadbody cab slider free flow branches 4Y engine power steering cd front loader invertor a pair of big balls hanging at the rear grade 3 anti theft pepper spray system rhino seat covers rhino tarp arb compressor co2 air tank high lift spade axe

burnyota

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -36
  • Male Posts: 567
  • Member since Mar '04
    • View Profile
    • BURNYOTA
nice work..got a pic of your class 3 pepper spray for rhinos?
85 p/u, marlin#208, built 22R on propane, old school longs, 5.29's / detroits, bobbed, chopped, and flopped