Author Topic: Specialized Stumpjumper FS Mtn. bike & Aluminum MTB frame  (Read 3997 times)

FatAzzRunner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -191
  • Male Posts: 448
  • Member since Jul '02
  • Kansas, Flexin on cowpatties
    • View Profile
Specialized Stumpjumper FS Mtn. bike & Aluminum MTB frame
« on: Feb 10, 2006, 02:46:10 AM »
I have a nice Specialized brand mountain bike.

19" frame
Newer tires
Snake Bite tube protectors
Slime Tubes
Trek Computer
Clipless Pedals, also have some cheapo platform pedals
21 speed
Frame is not Aluminum but it is Metal Matrix (if your familiar with Specialized)
A few extra parts, nothing big though

Bike is in excellent condition, it does however need about 100 dollars of parts to put it back together, It needs a chain, all new cables and it needs to have the rear deraillur (sp?) put back on. I tried to do it a couple times and stopped cause I didnt want to strip it out.

I talked to a bike shop and it would cost about 100 bucks with parts and labor to get it back on the trails.

It was a $1100.00 bike when I bought it. If I search hard enuff, I MIGHT be able to find the receipt.

Anyway, I would like to get 450.00 OBO for the bike or would trade for some Yota bolt pattern beadlocks or a decent mig welder maybe, or............heck, just let me know what you got   

I also have a NICE 18" Aluminum mountain bike frame. It is a Supergo Access frame and it is basically built by a MAJOR brand name bike company and not stamped with the MAJOR company name but it gets awsome reviews. It is stripped down to nothing. The only thing this bike frame comes with is a seat post and seat post clamp.

Here is a link to MTB reviews, one of the best review sites for bikes on the net. It got a 4.36 out of 5 on their site, that is pretty dang good for MTB review. http://www.mtbr.com/reviews/Frameset/product_21039.shtml

I would like to get $150.00 out of it.

I will get some pics up today hopefully if I have time. I know I have some on my hard drive at home of my Specialized but will have to go to the shop and dig the box out and pull the Access frame out to take pics.
85 Runner, 5" All-Pro Extreme Lift, Complete Marlin T-Case with new TS 4.7 gears, Super Birfields(Longfields), 5:29's, Detroited front, Spooled rear, 36" TSL's, Bikini top.

Yes, Livin in Kansas sucks azz!!

FatAzzRunner [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '02
    • View Profile
Here are pics of the Specialized Stumpjumper, I dont have any pics of the aluminum frame yet.

85 Runner, 5" All-Pro Extreme Lift, Complete Marlin T-Case with new TS 4.7 gears, Super Birfields(Longfields), 5:29's, Detroited front, Spooled rear, 36" TSL's, Bikini top.

burnyota

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -36
  • Male Posts: 567
  • Member since Mar '04
    • View Profile
    • BURNYOTA
no offense, but from wrenchin on bikes for over 13 years..maybe 200-250 clams...that thing is way old
85 p/u, marlin#208, built 22R on propane, old school longs, 5.29's / detroits, bobbed, chopped, and flopped

FatAzzRunner [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '02
    • View Profile
Yeah, its is old but it only has MAYBE 70 miles on it total.  I bought it, rode it about 6 months then moved. Never ridden again.

Like the add says, OBO.