Author Topic: DTB's ANGRY TREE HUGGER (Now pulling an angry pop up camper)  (Read 290613 times)

Duffil

• *lurker*
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 138
  • Male Posts: 4,844
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • PhotoBucket
    • Buy me a beer
DTB I've been wondering...what does all this ANGER actually do for your truck? I've been thinking of putting some spare ANGER I have laying around into mine, but I'm not sure if I can afford to do so.  Could you give me some pointers on how to properly add this ANGER to my truck?

DTB [OP]

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
why did it have that chain drive case in it? auto 4wd?
There were a few oddball trucks that had 4cylinders, 5 speed, extra cab, ADD hubs and chain drive cases ....mine was one of them
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

DTB [OP]

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Member since Nov '05
    • View Profile
DTB I've been wondering...what does all this ANGER actually do for your truck? I've been thinking of putting some spare ANGER I have laying around into mine, but I'm not sure if I can afford to do so.  Could you give me some pointers on how to properly add this ANGER to my truck?

Its hard sometimes! My head doctor says I really need to take it easy and start taking my meds again.

This is the inspiration for my build...for some reason this picture makes me want to punch something hard

This one too :maddest:

RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

DTB [OP]

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Member since Nov '05
    • View Profile
OK, just to be clear.....I have no idea what I'm doing here...so any helps, hints, advice, criticizm is WELCOME

rounded up this skidplate....its been around the block a couple times but should work fine

mmm sexxay

DTG helping stab the tranny

I highly recommend this method for putting in a tranny by yourself...works very well  :thumbs:

mocking up the shift boots

Someone help me here.....never done or seen this done before.....am I doing this right by just making a plate for the top? or is there a "preferred" method?

RIP KYOTA

DeadlyPeace

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 593
  • Member since Nov '07
  • HEAVILY medicated for your protection!
    • View Profile
    • ToyotaOffRoad
Looks good.

As for the tranny what I've always done is balance just the tranny on the jack and get it bolted up into place. Then add the crawl box, then the t-case. This way you have the least amount of weight to deal with. Of course a tranny jack really helps too, or you could make something out of square tubing that fits on top of your floor jack and holds the tranny in place. That's what I did before getting a tranny jack. May still have it laying around. I'll check and take some pics if I do. FYI, if needed to you can usually rent one for about $35 per day.

As for the shifter plate I just made a separate plate for the third shifter, but I think the full plate for all three would look a lot better, so go with it. I plan to do that with mine some day, but I want to lower the hump and also make it removeable first.
I REJECT YOUR REALITY AND SUBSTITUTE MY OWN

Never let people think you’re a horrible person and always keep the heart of a young child…
       ...I prefer mine in a jar on my desk.

3 CAT scans a MRI and some time with the shrink and it's comfirmed. I'm just not right in the head.

Global Moderator for www.ToyotaOffRoad.com

CTENG in KS

• Turtle Points: -501
  • Male Posts: 4,295
  • Member since Jun '04
  • ^Alfred the Great
    • View Profile
    • CTENG's Eco-Rant
So.....she was helping you "stab the tranny", eh?  You two are getting into some weird :pokinit: over there.
IFS is best kept at ambient temperature in a pile of scrap in the backyard.  When kept under a functioning vehicle, it tends to greatly diminish said vehicle's offroad ability.     -reklund5

4Runner: http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=4580.0
Beastmaster: http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=34339.0

DTB [OP]

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Member since Nov '05
    • View Profile
So.....she was helping you "stab the tranny", eh?  You two are getting into some weird :pokinit: over there.
:bumpinbutts: :eyebrow: :boobs:
RIP KYOTA

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
:dunno: I just made a plate for mine too.  Doesn't look as good as yours, but I haven't even bolted mine down either, ran out of time before the roundup (2 years ago :hahaha: )

:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

DTB [OP]

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Member since Nov '05
    • View Profile
:dunno: I just made a plate for mine too.  Doesn't look as good as yours, but I haven't even bolted mine down either, ran out of time before the roundup (2 years ago :hahaha: )

It doesnt look as good as mine! haha thats funny...mine is a piece of cardboard from a soda box  :talkingn:
RIP KYOTA

unclejpl4x4

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 348
  • Male Posts: 3,522
  • Member since Apr '05
  • Broke & rusted
    • View Profile
    • myspace
    • Buy me a beer
I was gona say cardboard :rofl:    but it dose look darn good  now get it transfered 2 some metal.
build thread http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=39214.0
CB install http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=45467.0
roundeyes http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=33294.0;highlight=round+eyes
LC exhaust head 2 tip, EB RVstreethead O/S valves,EB  268c/torker cam , .20 over , metal t-chain wear pads
MARLIN clutch 1200, master clutch cly

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
just make sure  they all  shift  and stay put  where you have the boots,  that was the only problem i had
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

unclejpl4x4

• Member since Apr '05
  • Broke & rusted
    • View Profile
    • myspace
    • Buy me a beer
So thats where you been keeping DTG  i hope you atleast feed her once a week.
roundeyes http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=33294.0;highlight=round+eyes
LC exhaust head 2 tip, EB RVstreethead O/S valves,EB  268c/torker cam , .20 over , metal t-chain wear pads

Gittinit

• throttle jockey!
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 28
  • Male Posts: 2,293
  • Member since Sep '06
  • out from under my rock, and ready to roll
    • View Profile

Its called truck love!  :driving: < thats not really a shifter next to that steering wheel.  :moon:
Hug your kids, pray for a soldier, and don't sweat the small stuff.

my favorite places:
http://www.flatnasty.net/
http://www.orvpark.com/

– fortysixandtwo – sorry, i prefer marlin because aside from gittinit, no one is a know it all a hole

Redbeard1

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 54
  • Male Posts: 414
  • Member since Mar '07
    • View Profile
    • Project Pete
So thats where you been keeping DTG  i hope you atleast feed her once a week.

:yikes: You got her In coveralls, work gloves and  under the truck .....? 

I think you got a keeper there :thumbs:

Oh and the build is looking good too :whip:
If you dont stand behind our Troops... you can stand infront of them...
Project Pete==> http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=43370.0
85 Toy: Built 22re, locked F, spooled R, 5.29's, R151F, MCO7 duals, Sky x-member 37 MT/R's on jack stands  

RIP Bobby Long

THK Matt

• 96ZJ v8
  • Turtle Points: -415
  • Male Posts: 4,823
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a drink

HOW'D A GUY LIKE YOU GET A GIRL LIKE HER???!?!?! :boobs:
2007 GMC Yukon SLT Daily
5.3L V8, 3.5in Lift, 33X10.5R18 Toyo MTs, Vision Rocker 18x9s powdercoated Mountain Blue Transparent over Speedboat Aluminum

2010 Chevy Tahoe LT Wife's Daily
5.3L V8, 6in Lift, 35s, AMP power steps

2016 Ford F250 XLT CCLB Work/Business Truck
6.2L V8

2001 Ford F350 Lariat CCLB Work/Business Truck
7.3L Powerstroke w/ Banks Turbo

Instagram @ taytershubby13

Toymin8r

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 50
  • Male Posts: 929
  • Member since Dec '07
    • View Profile

You marked the wrong picture "mmm sexxay".  Ain't nothin sexier than a good lookin woman in dirty coveralls and work gloves lying on the ground workin under a truck.   Lucky b*std.
YOU ONLY NEED TWO TOOLS IN LIFE - WD-40 AND DUCT TAPE. IF IT DOESN'T MOVE
AND SHOULD, USE THE WD-40. IF IT SHOULDN'T MOVE AND DOES, USE THE DUCT TAPE.

IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU HAVE AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.

BeccaLoo24 – i can toss grown men.... so dont doubt me

Gittinit

• throttle jockey!
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 28
  • Male Posts: 2,293
  • Member since Sep '06
  • out from under my rock, and ready to roll
    • View Profile
HOW'D A GUY LIKE YOU GET A GIRL LIKE HER???!?!?! :boobs:

He has a big handle. See it its rigt there in the pic. DTB, you shouldn't be showing that stuff on a family forum. :shakehead:
Hug your kids, pray for a soldier, and don't sweat the small stuff.

my favorite places:
http://www.flatnasty.net/
http://www.orvpark.com/

– fortysixandtwo – sorry, i prefer marlin because aside from gittinit, no one is a know it all a hole

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
It doesnt look as good as mine! haha thats funny...mine is a piece of cardboard from a soda box  :talkingn:

:blah: 

I was talking about the nice clean cuts for the holes, and the shape.  Mine is a leftover rectangle piece of plating, with rough cut holes, wrapped in duct tape so the edges don't cut anyone :gap:
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

tom w.

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 760
  • Member since Jul '06
    • View Profile
Someone help me here.....never done or seen this done before.....am I doing this right by just making a plate for the top? or is there a "preferred" method?

I would "prefer" that my shift-boot-cover-plate looked half as good as yours probably will...

DirToyGirl

• Internet Lassies
  • Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Female Posts: 28
  • Member since Jul '07
    • View Profile
Are you kidding?!?!  Do you have any idea how many "truck points" I'm able to rack up on a simple project assist like that???  I think DTB was actually kinda brave for letting me help out - just think of the possible requests I could've thrown his way after we were done:  trip to the mall, chick-flick marathon etc etc...   It puts you fellas in a bit of a "situation" if your lady helps you "stab a tranny" and you refuse to watch "Pretty in Pink."  Muahahahaaa.... 

On a more serious note, I found DTB wearing MY coveralls the other day -  what's going on? Is he being "territorial?" Is there need to worry?  Advice please!!!

You marked the wrong picture "mmm sexxay".  Ain't nothin sexier than a good lookin woman in dirty coveralls and work gloves lying on the ground workin under a truck.   Lucky b*std.

unclejpl4x4

• Member since Apr '05
  • Broke & rusted
    • View Profile
    • myspace
    • Buy me a beer
aslong as he did not spray in them  you won't have 2 nuder him

skipnrocks

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 212
  • Male Posts: 2,363
  • Member since Mar '06
  • DUDE YOU DID WHAT?
    • View Profile

On a more serious note, I found DTB wearing MY coveralls the other day -  what's going on? Is he being "territorial?" Is there need to worry?  Advice please!!!

Thank goodness it was your overalls and not something a little deeper in the wardrobe!!!
Life is too short!!!   Do something with it!!!

WILLYNILLY
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=23944.new#new

THK Matt

• 96ZJ v8
  • Turtle Points: -415
  • Male Posts: 4,823
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a drink

Thank goodness it was your overalls and not something a little deeper in the wardrobe!!!

:rofl: that we know of :psss: :outtahere:
2007 GMC Yukon SLT Daily
5.3L V8, 3.5in Lift, 33X10.5R18 Toyo MTs, Vision Rocker 18x9s powdercoated Mountain Blue Transparent over Speedboat Aluminum

2010 Chevy Tahoe LT Wife's Daily
5.3L V8, 6in Lift, 35s, AMP power steps

2016 Ford F250 XLT CCLB Work/Business Truck
6.2L V8

2001 Ford F350 Lariat CCLB Work/Business Truck
7.3L Powerstroke w/ Banks Turbo

Instagram @ taytershubby13

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 4,834
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
Are you kidding?!?!  Do you have any idea how many "truck points" I'm able to rack up on a simple project assist like that???  I think DTB was actually kinda brave for letting me help out - just think of the possible requests I could've thrown his way after we were done:  trip to the mall, chick-flick marathon etc etc...   It puts you fellas in a bit of a "situation" if your lady helps you "stab a tranny" and you refuse to watch "Pretty in Pink."  Muahahahaaa.... 

:rofl:
85 4Runner Build  /  Cool Foreign Toyotas  /  Toyota: We Want Diesel FB Page    Rockcrawlintoy – i guess moms will put the pups up on the beach when they go fisting

DeadlyPeace

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Male Posts: 593
  • Member since Nov '07
  • HEAVILY medicated for your protection!
    • View Profile
    • ToyotaOffRoad
Are you kidding?!?!  Do you have any idea how many "truck points" I'm able to rack up on a simple project assist like that???  I think DTB was actually kinda brave for letting me help out - just think of the possible requests I could've thrown his way after we were done:  trip to the mall, chick-flick marathon etc etc...   It puts you fellas in a bit of a "situation" if your lady helps you "stab a tranny" and you refuse to watch "Pretty in Pink."  Muahahahaaa....
When my lady helps work on my rig it just means she's got more of a chance of going on the next wheeling trip :greengrin:
I REJECT YOUR REALITY AND SUBSTITUTE MY OWN

Never let people think you’re a horrible person and always keep the heart of a young child…
       ...I prefer mine in a jar on my desk.

3 CAT scans a MRI and some time with the shrink and it's comfirmed. I'm just not right in the head.

Global Moderator for www.ToyotaOffRoad.com

DTB [OP]

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Member since Nov '05
    • View Profile
anyone have a good picture of a shifter plate that they have made for twin sticks?
RIP KYOTA

DieselD

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Male Posts: 409
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
anyone have a good picture of a shifter plate that they have made for twin sticks?

they ones that come with them blow. I have a hole in the floor I have not covered yet cause I have not had the time to think of and build a cover. the ring that comes with them are a weird shape thats hard to work with

DTB [OP]

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Member since Nov '05
    • View Profile
they ones that come with them blow. I have a hole in the floor I have not covered yet cause I have not had the time to think of and build a cover. the ring that comes with them are a weird shape thats hard to work with
Everyone I have talked to so far has re-used the original plate or has a gaping hole..... I want something cool! I got my plate all cut out but it doesnt sit flat on the tunnel...might require some additional work...just looking for idears
RIP KYOTA

DTB [OP]

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Member since Nov '05
    • View Profile
found this one (fordh8rs)
RIP KYOTA

unclejpl4x4

• Member since Apr '05
  • Broke & rusted
    • View Profile
    • myspace
    • Buy me a beer
i like it but it's 2 :bling: for your truck