Author Topic: Finally, SAS'ed the Migo... and she sits.....  (Read 304182 times)

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
Re: Finally, SAS'ing the Migo
« Reply #270 on: Feb 23, 2006, 11:02:07 PM »
Wow, I'm really impressed!     Looks beefy!      :beerchug: good job.  -Collier 
« Last Edit: Feb 23, 2006, 11:08:25 PM by DirToyBoy »
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

unclejpl4x4

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 348
  • Male Posts: 3,522
  • Member since Apr '05
  • Broke & rusted
    • View Profile
    • myspace
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #271 on: Feb 24, 2006, 03:19:09 AM »
Wow, I'm really impressed!      Looks beefy!       :beerchug: good job.  -Collier 

:rofl:   MOoooooooooo
build thread http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=39214.0
CB install http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=45467.0
roundeyes http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=33294.0;highlight=round+eyes
LC exhaust head 2 tip, EB RVstreethead O/S valves,EB  268c/torker cam , .20 over , metal t-chain wear pads
MARLIN clutch 1200, master clutch cly

*FFC* [OP]

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Internet Lassies
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #272 on: Feb 24, 2006, 02:14:31 PM »
Well I just got a call from Jeremy, the insert came today and it's on its way to the shop to be machined into the pitman arm :woohoo: Soon's that's done I can go pick it up!!!  :eyebrow:  :wink2:  :angel:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

RODEOMAN

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 14
  • Member since Oct '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: Feb 24, 2006, 03:38:15 PM »
It is looking great. Looking at that steering setup it seems like you will have your fair share of bumpsteer, see if you guys can tweak/bend draglink a little so it is more parallel to tierod. Also I hope that you have pushed that front axle forward at least 3" as it will make easy fit for those 35's, if not you can always chop some sheetmetal, that is what I have done with mine, since I have moved up to 35" tire as well. Looking at those smashed rocker panels, I would suggest that you maybe think abut cutting those out and just add some channel steel instead, it will give you all the strength you will need. and it will not rob any ground clearance. Just my $0.02..
Adem
97 Rodeo - D44 F&R, Tera Low 3.07.1 tcase gears, custom armor, 35" BFG AT KO's and very special Rocky Mountains pinstriping paint job

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #274 on: Feb 24, 2006, 06:24:57 PM »
It is looking great. Looking at that steering setup it seems like you will have your fair share of bumpsteer, see if you guys can tweak/bend draglink a little so it is more parallel to tierod. Also I hope that you have pushed that front axle forward at least 3" as it will make easy fit for those 35's, if not you can always chop some sheetmetal, that is what I have done with mine, since I have moved up to 35" tire as well. Looking at those smashed rocker panels, I would suggest that you maybe think abut cutting those out and just add some channel steel instead, it will give you all the strength you will need. and it will not rob any ground clearance. Just my $0.02..
Adem
she violated that poor amigo  in stock form on the rubicon :aaa:
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

*FFC* [OP]

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Internet Lassies
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #275 on: Feb 24, 2006, 08:12:42 PM »
she violated that poor amigo  in stock form on the rubicon :aaa:

:gap:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

rEdnECkwHeE1eR

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: -68
  • Male Posts: 1,430
  • Member since Jun '02
  • Still tipin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: Feb 24, 2006, 10:48:26 PM »
Adem

Um, bending a tweeking the draglink does nothing for geometry  ::)
Liquor up front
Poker in the rear

rockscrambler

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Male Posts: 800
  • Member since May '05
  • the rocscrambler's rock blazer
    • View Profile
    • Home of the rockscrambler
« Reply #277 on: Feb 25, 2006, 03:17:12 PM »
looking good FFC can't wait  :drooling:  to see it in action .
we're born,we roll over,we crawl,we walk,we run,we drive,we install cages,we wheel,we crawl,we roll over,the circle of life is complete.!

"we sleep peaceably in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to bring violence upon those who would do us harm" to you I say thank you
87 Chevy K5 V10 tonka truck,87 Toyota 4runner
83 Jeep CJ8,sold-76 Dodge W200 & 87 Ford broncoII

FATB0Y

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Male Posts: 2,803
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • fatboy on my space.com
« Reply #278 on: Feb 25, 2006, 05:02:30 PM »
Dam........... I stay off of here for a few weeks and come back to find this out :smack:

nobody tells me nothin'  :rivers:

BTW looks sweet :thumbs:

yotaweelr

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -53
  • Male Posts: 208
  • Member since Feb '05
  • wheelin
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: Feb 25, 2006, 06:38:14 PM »
Could not move the axle forward really much at all without moving the box forward, the box is inside the frame and already not even a inch till it hits the radiator. in order to do it right it would need a ifs toy box on the outside frame, and cut into the body to make it fit. I might be able to rotate the box down but not much and it would turn into a rework of the front of the frame just because all the existing stuff on the frame. there are huge forged nubs sticking off the frame and would take a good 45 minutes of torching and grinding to clean off it looks. she decided she was going to do most of the clean up grinding at her home instead of here so we could take care of the other stuff that was a little more important. while her truck is getting worked on, i am also doing head gaskets brakes, water pumps door pins and other stuff.

80crawleryota

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 5
  • Male Posts: 202
  • Member since Jan '06
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: Feb 25, 2006, 06:55:32 PM »
 :thumbs: looks pretty cool

*FFC* [OP]

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Internet Lassies
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #281 on: Feb 25, 2006, 07:37:06 PM »
rs, me too me too :yesnod:

Jeremy, I dunno what I woulda done if I'da tried to do it without you, yer a genius! Thanks again!!!!

RODEOMAN

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Male Posts: 14
  • Member since Oct '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: Feb 25, 2006, 09:14:28 PM »
rEdnECkwHeE1eR - I agree with you that it doesn't do a lot for steering geometry but it can help a little. In my case I have gone with SUA for front D44 and no flat knuckles as it will not work with my setup clearancewise. Long story short, I have had a lot of bumpsteer just by hitting potholes and what not, me and my bud decided to put a slight bend into draglink and make it more parallel with tierod as we could, not optimal but this is what we worked with. It does help, it will not cure bumpsteer alltogether but it doesn't feel as darty as it did before. Just my $0.02. One of these days I will get around to post some pics of my suspension setup, track bar and some other goods that are on there.

Yotawheeler -  I feel your pain as far as the space issues go. I do know that there are some differences on Isuzu frames through the model years, as far as those nubs go, a lot of guys cut into them and use them as part of their front spring hanger setup as it adds more strength to the mount itself, something that we have done on mine SAS. Those IFS mounts are PIA to get off, plasma really helps, they are even worse to grind off, something I am sure you already know. Like I said she can just cut offending sheetmetal to clear 35's. Looking great so far, somedays I kick myself for not starting out with an Amigo to begin with, but oh well, one of these days I might just build me another ZU and it will be two door Amigo/Rodeo Sport if I can help it. Adem
97 Rodeo - D44 F&R, Tera Low 3.07.1 tcase gears, custom armor, 35" BFG AT KO's and very special Rocky Mountains pinstriping paint job

yotaweelr

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Feb '05
  • wheelin
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: Feb 25, 2006, 09:50:23 PM »
I think the body may have to be hacked into with the 2.5 b/s'd wheels just because of the sweep of the wheel sticking out so far. If the wheels were left 50% backspace it wouldn't be such a hassle. but the wheels front and rear stick in to far and looks stupid. but those are stock 85 yota wheels on there. On pirate they were telling justina to go with a waggy axle  for width, but that would be way wider than the stock rear, and why get rid of the stock rear when it has discs on it. uness they thought she had the 44 and not the isuzu rear. I could also fix the draglink angle by popping the pitman insert in the way they go in toyots with the tierod going up into the pitman instead of through the top, but the draglinks tie rod end may hit the tie rod center link. but I can stick it in there to make sure.

She needs a high pinion front diff to get the front d-line in, or maybe a 2wd 5 speed with a divorce toy case to fix the d-line issue.
I wish she had a round t-case pattern instead of the pattern she hads in there so a planetary gear reduction case can the added to send her existing one back a few inches. I like the 2wd trans with toy case with gear idea better though. order up a divorced adapter from OTT and be done. then she could choose 4.0, 4.7 or 5:1 ratios, and if she didn't like the ratio, trade the t-case for a ratio she like with somebody who wants to try a diferent ratio. But of course I have the space and tools to do stuff like that, and could actually let my own vehicles sit around till i figure out what I want to do with them. the exhaust is getting done tomorrow for sure after I dump the tree trimming off my car trailer. I have to bend her trans shifter a bit to stop it from hitting the dash and popping out of gear. the trans has been moved up about a inch from stock. and the pitman is getting drilled tomorrow for the insert. I was going to do that friday, but I had a 22re headgasket to get out of my shop, and today I had to clean a space behind my office to make room for my new air compressor, 3 phase baby.

yotaweelr

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Feb '05
  • wheelin
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: Feb 25, 2006, 09:52:26 PM »
if 37" [ro comps on 17" steelies weren't so heavy to work with I would pop them on her amigo and drive it around while she is in livermore. :eyebrow:

*FFC* [OP]

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Internet Lassies
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #285 on: Feb 26, 2006, 09:11:57 AM »
if 37" [ro comps on 17" steelies weren't so heavy to work with I would pop them on her amigo and drive it around while she is in livermore. :eyebrow:

:rofl: Jeremy, it's insured and registered.  You have enough sweat and blood into it, go for it! :greengrin:

yotaweelr

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Feb '05
  • wheelin
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: Feb 27, 2006, 03:43:36 PM »
steering is done, links are almost parrallel, exhaust is done after you get the flange gasket in there. new cat and your flow are installed. I was torching on them brakets a little more. what a pain in the arse. Shifter is bent so it doesn't hit the dash anymore. and you can't put your throttle cable over the air intake tube anymore, stupid raised crossmember.

*FFC* [OP]

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Internet Lassies
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #287 on: Feb 27, 2006, 11:58:04 PM »
:woohoo: :woohoo:

I drove the Migo and it rides like :pokinit: :hahaha: I need to get some front shocks!! :disturbed: But it's so awsome! it finally drives!! :woohoo:

Tomorrow I'mma go out and get some better pics.  It'll be a matter of gettin em online after that :gap:

jimbo74

• Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: Feb 28, 2006, 12:05:37 AM »
It'll be a matter of gettin em online after that :gap:

with your internet connection that might take several days ;) lol
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

*FFC* [OP]

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Internet Lassies
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #289 on: Feb 28, 2006, 12:16:15 AM »
with your internet connection that might take several days ;) lol

I'm on a friend's computer :slap:

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Turtle Points: 2243
  • Male Posts: 18,292
  • Member since Apr '02
  • 511:1 Club
    • View Profile
    • Bone-Stock Plane-Jane 1981 Shortbed Pickup
« Reply #290 on: Feb 28, 2006, 09:27:14 AM »
 :clap:  :circle:  :o  :wave:  :driving:  :burnout:
Check out our new Rock Crawling Videos!
2016 56-speed 580:1 Tacoma Rock Crawler   
1981 36-speed 511:1 3RZ-FE Rock Crawler
1987 6-speed Supercharged 4A-GZE MR2
Instagram: @SlowestTacoma
Things are only impossible until they are not.
"The worst of both worlds, the best of neither." -abnormaltoy
"An informed question. But difficult to answer. I am what you see." -Nanaki

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #291 on: Feb 28, 2006, 11:45:32 AM »
:woohoo:  :bumpinbutts:

so  you have to have a hipinion??  is there room for a dual case ??
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

Wermz84

• Rock Nerd!
  • Turtle Points: 921
  • Male Posts: 3,518
  • Member since May '05
  • Ouch My Eye!
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: Feb 28, 2006, 12:26:27 PM »
 :clap2:  Good work FFC!  Looking forward to seeing the updated photos without that variable tension cross member  :gap: from the last pic.   It has been alot of work so I bet your completly :hyper: about the whole thing!!

I never thought that I would ever say this about an Amigo, but I like the "ToyMiga"     :yesnod:

Next step,  Mid mount that 575 crate engine like we talked about right.   :biggthumpup:   :hammerhead:
I like to Drive!

*FFC* [OP]

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Internet Lassies
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #293 on: Feb 28, 2006, 12:49:41 PM »
:woohoo:  :bumpinbutts:

so  you have to have a hipinion??  is there room for a dual case ??

Nope no hi pinion yet... but it's what I have to do in order to do the front driveline :smack:  There is room for dual cases, but for now I'm workin on just makin it road worthy then I'mma save some $$ so that I can be more organized and prepared when I go with the tcases and motor. 

:clap2:  Good work FFC!  Looking forward to seeing the updated photos without that variable tension cross member  :gap: from the last pic.   It has been alot of work so I bet your completly :hyper: about the whole thing!!

I never thought that I would ever say this about an Amigo, but I like the "ToyMiga"     :yesnod:

Next step,  Mid mount that 575 crate engine like we talked about right.   :biggthumpup:   :hammerhead:

:rofl: Dream again!!! I like it too.... :love:

IronClad

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 635
  • Male Posts: 2,284
  • Member since Feb '05
  • Annihilation Fabrication
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: Feb 28, 2006, 12:57:11 PM »
rEdnECkwHeE1eR - I agree with you that it doesn't do a lot for steering geometry but it can help a little. In my case I have gone with SUA for front D44 and no flat knuckles as it will not work with my setup clearancewise. Long story short, I have had a lot of bumpsteer just by hitting potholes and what not, me and my bud decided to put a slight bend into draglink and make it more parallel with tierod as we could, not optimal but this is what we worked with. It does help, it will not cure bumpsteer alltogether but it doesn't feel as darty as it did before. Just my $0.02. One of these days I will get around to post some pics of my suspension setup, track bar and some other goods that are on there.

No it does NOTHING with geometry WHAT SO EVER  all it does   is level out the rod ends  regaurdless of the shape of the drag link  .. for all i care it could be in a damn circle  it still does NOTHING for geometry    from the pitman arm to the steering knuckle it is still a straight line PERRIOD.  the point of the  bends are so you dont max out the rod ends or have to clear springs NOTHING ELSE. The reason you have bumpsteer is because you have a T style steering setup insted of going directly to the arm when you steer EVERYTHING rotates. There is a ton of slop in that setup  THAT is where your bumpsteer comes from.  Probably the only thing you gained was  you evened out your rod end a little bit and it took up some of the slop.

Annihilation  Fabrication
Do you need a Hammer?
My build thingy... http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=39885.0
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Word hard, Keep your head in the game and if anyone gets in your way tell them you don't give a damn !

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #295 on: Feb 28, 2006, 01:10:34 PM »
Wow, I'm really impressed!     Looks beefy!      :beerchug: good job.  -Collier 

Hey there's an idea paint it black and white camo, that way you could park in in a field anywhere and they'd think it was just a cow.

I didn't read page 8 yet but it's starting to shape up pretty good. Also I don't know if anyone one has told you yet but an Isuzu is just like owning a Chevy/GM product. Maybe FreakyIsuzuChik or FreakyToymigochik? Driving around in that thing isn't gonna work for FFC. :gap:
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

*FFC* [OP]

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Internet Lassies
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #296 on: Feb 28, 2006, 02:14:03 PM »
Maybe FreakyIsuzuChik or FreakyToymigochik? Driving around in that thing isn't gonna work for FFC. :gap:

:psss: I still drive a ford :yesnod:

Pics!! Camera battery is low so it didn't take really well.. but here's a couple for now

Wermz84

• Rock Nerd!
  • Turtle Points: 921
  • Male Posts: 3,518
  • Member since May '05
  • Ouch My Eye!
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: Feb 28, 2006, 02:27:42 PM »
 Nice level Stance!

:thumbs:

Hey there's an idea paint it black and white camo, that way you could park in in a field anywhere and they'd think it was just a cow.
:rofl:

:psss: I think you should paint it just like your Ford!!   :yupyup:
I like to Drive!

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #298 on: Feb 28, 2006, 03:08:27 PM »
Nice level Stance!

Which stance you refering too?  :wink2:  [sb: dang there I go again with trying to get a date with FFC]  ::)  :thpst:

I think that stance is temporary.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

*FFC* [OP]

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Internet Lassies
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #299 on: Feb 28, 2006, 06:12:57 PM »
:woohoo: I drove it home today (From Sac to Livermore).  I never did get the front shocks in since the shock mounts didn't match up so I have to put in some shock towers before I can drive with shocks.  Hopefully within a week :crossed: It was a rough ride, but we made it :hyper: