Author Topic: Finally, SAS'ed the Migo... and she sits.....  (Read 304088 times)

jimbo74

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
Re: Finally, SAS'ing the Migo
« Reply #240 on: Feb 20, 2006, 11:53:42 PM »
ffc, i got a overload and an aal you can borrow for awhile
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

*FFC* [OP]

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Internet Lassies
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #241 on: Feb 20, 2006, 11:59:21 PM »
I was just about to post how crappy those 1st set of pictures are and that we still couldn't see the front axle. Then while I was just about ready to post I noticed that you slid that second set with some good shots of the front end.  Front looks pretty good but as for that block thingy in the rear it just has to go bye, bye, and is that thing aluminum?  If it is I would be scared very scared. They have a major tendancy to wear at the edges when you wheel your rig more than to the local mall. Eventually they will roll on you and pop out, if you must or have to use a block please do us all a favor and get some steel blocks, better yet get a spring lift and throw those things in the recycle bin.

The aluminum will be gone soon... I'm just tryin to get it on the road.   Got some 35" MTR's lined up and Jeremy and I are gonna work on it tomorrow :woohoo: I'll keep ya'll posted :yesnod:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

*FFC* [OP]

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Internet Lassies
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #242 on: Feb 21, 2006, 12:00:26 AM »
Thanks Jim I'm good for now :thumbs:  :hammerhead:  :driving:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #243 on: Feb 21, 2006, 12:17:53 AM »
The aluminum will be gone soon... I'm just tryin to get it on the road. Got some 35" MTR's lined up and Jeremy and I are gonna work on it tomorrow :woohoo: I'll keep ya'll posted :yesnod:

Whew that's good to hear, I was worried that one of these days someone would come online and say did you hear what happened to FFC?
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

*FFC* [OP]

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Internet Lassies
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #244 on: Feb 21, 2006, 12:20:48 AM »
Whew that's good to hear, I was worried that one of these days someone would come online and say did you hear what happened to FFC?

:nope: It'll be gone :yesnod: I just gotta get it rollin then I'll focus on the details after payday :smack:

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #245 on: Feb 21, 2006, 08:47:23 AM »
:woohoo:  are those divingboards under the front  end :screwy:
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

yotaweelr

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -53
  • Male Posts: 208
  • Member since Feb '05
  • wheelin
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: Feb 21, 2006, 11:27:45 AM »
I was just about to post how crappy those 1st set of pictures are and that we still couldn't see the front axle. Then while I was just about ready to post I noticed that you slid that second set with some good shots of the front end.  Front looks pretty good but as for that block thingy in the rear it just has to go bye, bye, and is that thing aluminum?  If it is I would be scared very scared. They have a major tendancy to wear at the edges when you wheel your rig more than to the local mall. Eventually they will roll on you and pop out, if you must or have to use a block please do us all a favor and get some steel blocks, better yet get a spring lift and throw those things in the recycle bin.

they are just to get her home after the swap is done, and only cost 15 bucks with u-bolts. I told her there are issues with aluminum blocks. I have run a 2" set before when they first started selling them at autozone, and they shot out after wearing out a couple months later. pointed the pinion straight up in the air. I was on the con, and had to change the ubolts on the side that shot out, and run with no block, tightened the other side that was going to go next and limped it to the bowl to remove the second. I tighten my ubolts before and during every run, and they still became a issue. parts suppliers swear by them for lowering truck, but I would expect the same results even after seeing it on my brothers 2wd s-10. she didn't have 75 bucks last week for the steel blocks with u-bolt kit. I was going to buy her one, but it was either buy her blocks, or use 55 of the cash I had on me to get a honda out of my shop.

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #247 on: Feb 21, 2006, 11:36:05 AM »
they are just to get her home after the swap is done, and only cost 15 bucks with u-bolts. I told her there are issues with aluminum blocks. I have run a 2" set before when they first started selling them at autozone, and they shot out after wearing out a couple months later. pointed the pinion straight up in the air. I was on the con, and had to change the ubolts on the side that shot out, and run with no block, tightened the other side that was going to go next and limped it to the bowl to remove the second. I tighten my ubolts before and during every run, and they still became a issue. parts suppliers swear by them for lowering truck, but I would expect the same results even after seeing it on my brothers 2wd s-10. she didn't have 75 bucks last week for the steel blocks with u-bolt kit. I was going to buy her one, but it was either buy her blocks, or use 55 of the cash I had on me to get a honda out of my shop.

Oh I see now, she just didn't want to take a chance that someone may see her low-rider well low/high-rider cruising down the street before she could get the rear springs set-up.

:rofl2:
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

IronClad

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 635
  • Male Posts: 2,284
  • Member since Feb '05
  • Annihilation Fabrication
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: Feb 21, 2006, 11:38:39 AM »

les schwab sells steel blocks for 45 bucks (pair)  if  i remember right  and they are the good ones too.
Annihilation  Fabrication
Do you need a Hammer?
My build thingy... http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=39885.0
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Word hard, Keep your head in the game and if anyone gets in your way tell them you don't give a damn !

yotaweelr

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Feb '05
  • wheelin
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: Feb 21, 2006, 12:16:38 PM »
central 4wheel drive has them for 25 a pair. and she already has u=bolts from the autozone kit.
kinda funny too, the autozone kit was 15 bucks with blocks and 4 u-bolts. but to buy 2 u-bolts in the same section is 14 bucks. go figure. that means you are getting a second pair, and some cheese blocks for 1 dollar.

blackdiamond

• Turtle Points: 1174
  • Male Posts: 5,060
  • Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: Feb 21, 2006, 12:35:21 PM »
I'm sure all U-bolts are made equally.  :rofl2:
1989 4Runner: Dual Ultimate (Inchworm front & Marlin 4.70 rear), Marlin Twin Stick, 1200-lb clutch, 4.88 R&P, Aussie Front, Detroit rear, 30-spline Longs, Long hub gears, ARP hub and knuckle studs & 35x12.50 Cooper STT PRO tires.  Marlin rear bumper & sliders.  FROR front bumper.  SAS with Alcan springs & Rancho 9000XL shocks.  Budbuilt Bolt-on traction bar.  Custom Interior Cage by Those Guys Rod and Customs.

Moab Tested & Rubicon Approved

yotaweelr

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Feb '05
  • wheelin
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: Feb 21, 2006, 01:47:56 PM »
the ones on my wheeler are made in front of me. sac spring kicks ass.

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #252 on: Feb 21, 2006, 02:12:29 PM »
hey  go the super cheap way and just cut several of the diving board springs a couple inches on either side of the ubolt  and run a tie bolt thru the hole deal
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

unclejpl4x4

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 348
  • Male Posts: 3,522
  • Member since Apr '05
  • Broke & rusted
    • View Profile
    • myspace
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #253 on: Feb 21, 2006, 03:15:25 PM »
:clap2:
« Last Edit: Feb 21, 2006, 06:35:21 PM by Willy Mammoth »
build thread http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=39214.0
CB install http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=45467.0
roundeyes http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=33294.0;highlight=round+eyes
LC exhaust head 2 tip, EB RVstreethead O/S valves,EB  268c/torker cam , .20 over , metal t-chain wear pads
MARLIN clutch 1200, master clutch cly

rockscrambler

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 800
  • Member since May '05
  • the rocscrambler's rock blazer
    • View Profile
    • Home of the rockscrambler
« Reply #254 on: Feb 21, 2006, 09:46:00 PM »
:bat: Rs and Jim :slap: :shake: Take it to the new forum discussion thread :whip:

:psss: I'm content with the board the way it is, I can still talk Amigo tech when there's no Amigo forum here... that's what Gen 4x4 and Chit Chat are for :yesnod: No biggy, so let it rest please

rlwjaw that was sweet :angel:
you tell em girl .
we're born,we roll over,we crawl,we walk,we run,we drive,we install cages,we wheel,we crawl,we roll over,the circle of life is complete.!

"we sleep peaceably in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to bring violence upon those who would do us harm" to you I say thank you
87 Chevy K5 V10 tonka truck,87 Toyota 4runner
83 Jeep CJ8,sold-76 Dodge W200 & 87 Ford broncoII

*FFC* [OP]

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Internet Lassies
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #255 on: Feb 21, 2006, 11:05:15 PM »
Hey ya'll,
Update as of this evening.  I got my rear driveshaft into the shop to get lengthened.  I am currently waiting on my insert for my pitman arm so that I can set up the steering.  I went to PnP and got me a steering box and installed it :woohoo:

We made some shock brackets for the rear that we weld on tomorrow, got some rear shocks hangin a'waitin.

Got the extended steel brake lines hooked up and brakes functioning

Still tryin to figure out a front driveshaft :smack:

To Do:
Pick up and install rear driveshaft
Get pitman arm machined/installed
Build trans crossmember
Install exhaust

wa4x4

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: -310
  • Male Posts: 1,569
  • Member since Jul '05
  • I'm about to tear the curb up
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: Feb 21, 2006, 11:08:03 PM »
Exhaust....What's that? :dunno:  :screwy:
2007 Satin white pearl STi- mostly stock
2006 WRX TR 320whp 343wtq, taken in a road rage wreck
1998 4runner, needs to become wheeler status

*FFC* [OP]

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Internet Lassies
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #257 on: Feb 21, 2006, 11:09:38 PM »
Exhaust....What's that? :dunno:  :screwy:

I have to smog it before August :down: so I have to run something

wa4x4

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: -310
  • Male Posts: 1,569
  • Member since Jul '05
  • I'm about to tear the curb up
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: Feb 21, 2006, 11:11:32 PM »
Stupid smog laws.... :thumbdown:
2007 Satin white pearl STi- mostly stock
2006 WRX TR 320whp 343wtq, taken in a road rage wreck
1998 4runner, needs to become wheeler status

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: Feb 21, 2006, 11:42:05 PM »
Isn't there a neighboring county with lax smog laws that you "live" in where you can register it?  Oh wait, bay area :hammerhead:
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

MiniSimp

• Outdoor Enthusiast
  • Male Posts: 5,120
  • Member since Jan '05
  • SimpsonBrothers.net
    • View Profile
    • Simpson Brothers Photography
« Reply #260 on: Feb 22, 2006, 07:13:10 AM »
Yeah, Stanislaw (sp?) county.

*FFC* [OP]

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Internet Lassies
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #261 on: Feb 22, 2006, 09:31:34 AM »
Yeah, Stanislaw (sp?) county.

Stanislaus county? What's the law there Mini? :dunno: I even have family there  :hammerhead: In Alameda County where I live, it's once every other year

yotaweelr

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Feb '05
  • wheelin
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: Feb 22, 2006, 08:48:33 PM »
Stanislaus county? What's the law there Mini? :dunno: I even have family there :hammerhead: In Alameda County where I live, it's once every other year
some counties only smog for initial registration, like if you lived in plymouth, or portola, places remote not in high smog impacted  areas. I could actually do it with my vehicles using one of my friends adresses.

MiniSimp

• Outdoor Enthusiast
  • Male Posts: 5,120
  • Member since Jan '05
  • SimpsonBrothers.net
    • View Profile
    • Simpson Brothers Photography
« Reply #263 on: Feb 22, 2006, 09:21:19 PM »
Stanislaus county? What's the law there Mini? :dunno: I even have family there  :hammerhead: In Alameda County where I live, it's once every other year
I smog once and that is it until I sell.
No smog for me EVER AGAIN! Muh ha ha ha ha ha!!!!

Oh yeah, and Tuolumne County.
« Last Edit: Feb 22, 2006, 09:47:19 PM by MiniSimp »

*FFC* [OP]

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Internet Lassies
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #264 on: Feb 22, 2006, 10:48:32 PM »
Oh :smack:

We almost got the x-member done, we got the details on the springs taken care of, got the rear driveshaft :woohoo: and missed the UPS for the pitman arm insert :tantrum: So hopefully tomorrow we can get that taken care of....... :crossed:

*FFC* [OP]

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Internet Lassies
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #265 on: Feb 23, 2006, 10:32:42 PM »
Ok, so today was my last day this week to work on the Migo. Jeremy and I got the x-member done :drool: it looks awsome!!! We put in the rear driveshaft and had to do a little grinding to make it work, but it works now!! UPS decided that they wanted to deliver the pitman arm insert to a different address than what was on the label (where I USED to live :shake: ) so I haven't got that yet :rivers: So the last stinkin thing is that dang'd pitman arm.  Exhaust too, but I can drive it for awhile without it if needed...

Pics.... didn't get any fun ones cuz we loaded it early expecting to go to the shop but we waited all day for the insert that was sittin in someone else's apartment :smack:

Still on 32's :disturbed:

Minus the straps it looks pretty good! :yesnod:

Hood's up cuz Jeremy went on a pressure washing rampage :woohoo:

*FFC* [OP]

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Internet Lassies
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #266 on: Feb 23, 2006, 10:41:48 PM »
:haha: It's alll wet!

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: Feb 23, 2006, 10:43:28 PM »
Man(woman), that thing's gonna be so cool!  I can't wait to see it rollin on some big ol meats!
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

*FFC* [OP]

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Internet Lassies
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #268 on: Feb 23, 2006, 10:45:14 PM »
Man(woman), that thing's gonna be so cool!  I can't wait to see it rollin on some big ol meats!

ME TOO!!!! :woohoo:

thebeast8888

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 12
  • Male Posts: 55
  • Member since Oct '05
  • LOOKING FOR GOOD CENTERBEARING/DRIVELINE FOR 85
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: Feb 23, 2006, 10:53:32 PM »
MAD     :respect:  and this one cus i think its silly hhahahahahha  :sofa:   p.s. tomarrow im gunna  :ninja: you in welding!!!!!!! :fakeflip:
thread lightly and carry a spare birf.