Well, I got some updates on this thing. Haven't done too much to it since I last updated, but here's what I have done:
Back in December, I installed a high-pinion e-locker differential up front from
The comparison with a stock 4-cyl diff.
The housing modifications made
Some modifying to clearance the springs.
First time it fit into the housing correctly
Comparison between low pinion and high pinion drive shaft angle
Then a couple months later I started on my dual cases:
I went with the MC08-R10 adapter and Marlin's R150f to gear drive t-case adapter plate to give me two gear drives and a 10* clocked rear t-case
The veiw under my vehicle with the stock t-case
I was able to keep the factory rear heater in the center console
I mocked everything up using the stock crossmember
I bought the FROR clocked t-case crossmemeber and skid plate, so I had to cut off the torsion bar mounts to weld on the new mounting brackets
I went to test fit the crossmember and found that the two coolant lines that run to the rear heater were in the way.
I replaced them with some soft lines and slightly rerouted them to work. There was also an exhaust heat shield in the way of the crossmember that I slightly modified to work.
I then bolted the crossmember and brackets to the back of the t-case and tacked the brackets in place
I disassembled and then fully welded
To helpmake it easier to bolt up the crossmember to the brackets, I cut a hole in the floor with a hole saw for easier access
Buttoned up the interior
Installed front d-shaft
Now, I ran into a problem with the rear d-shaft. I bought triple drilled flanges for the t-case thinking that my stock d-shaft flanges would bolt up to them. However, my shaft had a different pattern than all three from the triple drilled flanges. So I replaced the the d-shaft flange and it bolted up fine. I don't have any pictures because it was right before my Moab trip, and was counting on the d-shaft bolting up fine in the first place. But it was all good.