Author Topic: NEW MEMBER FROM OREGON  (Read 2456 times)

hammerdown

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 105
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Country Boy Can Survive
    • View Profile
NEW MEMBER FROM OREGON
« on: Nov 10, 2005, 12:53:21 PM »
Hey all, well I'm not new to this site but I finally became a member. Just wanted to introduce myself. I used to have a 83 s/b that I was planning on building but i ended up selling it for $2600 with a new motor that a buddy and I put in and some other knew stuff. It was all stock but in pretty good shape being 20+ years old. I wanted to keep it but being a student I didn't have the money to keep it and get something else. I purchased a 96 t100 extended cab sr5 4x4 from a friend for $3000 so I got a pretty good deal. It's been a good truck so far, I've had it for about 6 months, but I do miss my old toyota  :rivers: plus it was my 1st truck so I had lots of good times in it. :thumbs:   Anyway I plan on selling my t100 this summer to get a mid-late 90s or maybe 00 or 01 fullsize dodge or ford. Depends on exactly what I can afford. Then eventually I would like to get an old yota again for a trail rig because, well thats just the way to go, RIGHT? :yesnod:   I need something dependably to drive everyday and something with room so i just don't think driving a wheeler everyday is going to be the way to go even though I tried to convince my dad throughout highschool of this  :greengrin:  Anyway, I felt like I just wrote a paper. haha. how many from OR here? I'm from the washington county area.
Country Boy Can Survive

Ebbs15

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -27
  • Male Posts: 130
  • Member since Aug '05
  • Drink'n in Korea
    • View Profile
Re: NEW MEMBER FROM OREGON
« Reply #1 on: Nov 10, 2005, 12:57:20 PM »
hey I'm from Oregon... Born and raised in Sandy but graduated from Sherwood... I'm in Alaska right now though for the Air Force... my brother's still down there though... I just talked to him not 20 minutes ago and told him about this site... when I first saw your post I thought you were him! lol... anyways... welcome to the board :beerchug:   

does your t100 have the 3.4?  if so don't sell it... buy a older tacoma or pickup and swap it in... sweet motor...

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #2 on: Nov 10, 2005, 01:24:20 PM »
  :welcome:
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

hammerdown [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Oct '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Nov 10, 2005, 03:51:05 PM »
 :wave:
My t100 does have the 3.4 in it which I actually like pretty well, its got good power and its more dependable than the 3.0, my  :twocents: , plus i get 17-18 mpg which isn't bad considering the t100 is a "full size" toyota
Country Boy Can Survive

Ebbs15

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Aug '05
  • Drink'n in Korea
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Nov 10, 2005, 03:56:50 PM »
:wave:
My t100 does have the 3.4 in it which I actually like pretty well, its got good power and its more dependable than the 3.0, my :twocents: , plus i get 17-18 mpg which isn't bad considering the t100 is a "full size" toyota
exactly... I'm haveing one swapped into my 92 pickup here next year... then I'll be looking for the supercharger... 290hp would be NICE ;)   

so where in washington county you at?  my bro Ebbz238 is in Mcminville 

hammerdown [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Oct '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Nov 10, 2005, 11:00:26 PM »
I supercharger would be nice if you want to spend that much money, I thought about doing SAS on my pickup but I really don't want to spend all the money cause I want to get a fullsize plus it's cheaper to buy something that has some mods on it already or buy an old yote with a solid axle to began with. What do you have done to your 92? I'm from the Hillsboro area but I'm going to OSU
Country Boy Can Survive

Ebbs15

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Aug '05
  • Drink'n in Korea
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Nov 11, 2005, 02:06:11 PM »
I really haven't done anything to my 92... other than throw a spool in the back... and crank the torsion bars 2" and 2" shackles in the back so I can fit 33's... my truck's a DD so nothing too out ragious... I'm in the process of buy'n a 85 extra cab though... just need to wait till I get back in January... that one will be solely for wheeling :drool:   though it's got a 22r in it... so that sux... (I hate carberators! lol) 

I've actually been talking it over with my friend who did the 3.4 swap for himself and who was going to do mine... I think I'll just keep my eye out for a newer (97+) tacoma with a 3.4 already in it... less hassle... lol.... and talking to him... probably less $$$

OSU... HELL YEAH... Go Beavers!... my dad's an Alumni... I've been seriously thinking about getting out and going back to school there... but I've got 2.5 years left to think about that  :slap:

chim

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 1302
  • Male Posts: 1,258
  • Member since Apr '05
  • www.infowars.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Nov 11, 2005, 02:10:32 PM »
Welcome..  Im from Oregon City..  post some pics of your ride.

yotaboy79

• stuck in the shop
  • Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: -19
  • Male Posts: 2,838
  • Member since Aug '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Nov 11, 2005, 10:25:54 PM »
hey  :welcome: im from newberg/dundee
oh yeah and :worthless:

rockscrambler

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Male Posts: 800
  • Member since May '05
  • the rocscrambler's rock blazer
    • View Profile
    • Home of the rockscrambler
« Reply #9 on: Nov 12, 2005, 05:49:02 PM »
 :welcome:
we're born,we roll over,we crawl,we walk,we run,we drive,we install cages,we wheel,we crawl,we roll over,the circle of life is complete.!

"we sleep peaceably in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to bring violence upon those who would do us harm" to you I say thank you
87 Chevy K5 V10 tonka truck,87 Toyota 4runner
83 Jeep CJ8,sold-76 Dodge W200 & 87 Ford broncoII

hammerdown [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Oct '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Nov 13, 2005, 11:51:21 AM »
I know, I know  :worthless: , so i'll try to get some up sooner but prob later, haha, anyway my t100 is basically stock except for some 31" mudders, cd player, cb, toolbox, bedliner, and thats basically about it. I've got a couple friends living down in Oregon City that are going to Clackamas Community. But thanks for the welcomes, hope to go wheeling one day with all the locals.  :yupyup:
Country Boy Can Survive

hammerdown [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Oct '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Nov 21, 2005, 06:58:22 PM »
I'm going to get new tires here pretty quick, within the next month or 2, I'm thinking about getting 32-11.50 bfg mudders? what do u think I should get, I though about doing a 2 inch body/ or 2 inch shackleor block and crank torsion bars in front to fit 33-12.50s but since I will probably sell the truck this summer, is it worth spending the money, any ideas would be great :thumbs:

:usa:
Country Boy Can Survive