Author Topic: always changing build  (Read 2066 times)

Skinny_Pedal

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 89
  • Male Posts: 2,833
  • Member since Apr '04
  • work so I can support my lifestyle
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
always changing build
« on: Nov 02, 2005, 07:18:53 PM »
well since im out here in wyoming all there is is trucks. i miss my 83 badly back in washington. we got a 4wd club here that im in and were planning a trip to the jeep jamporee in moab in the coming months. my 85 is going to go through some changes out here so i thought i would share. right now its sits on 32's with a 2" body, 2" springs, spooled rear, with turbo tranny and tcase. in the next couple of weeks its getting square tube sliders. i want to get an aussine locker in the front and do dual cases on it before the trip. i am getting some 33's soon also. im leaning towards the swamper trxus since they are a radial tire with an somewhat aggressive tread they shuld be good for daily driving. whats makes things good is im getting a free parts truck that ill get my tcase and spare parts from. a kid from denver donatyed it to the club for us to swipe off. i thought id share some photos of the new springs install. i do plan on doing a quarterlip 4link in the rear when im in my chassis class. but before than i fully plan on trying my s10 spring setup in the rear and putting the rears up front when i can afford my histeer. this is just some of my thoughts that will happen over time while im out. hope you enjoy. it shouold be under changes often
Im an OG

Skinny_Pedal [OP]

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Apr '04
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
Re: always changing build
« Reply #1 on: Nov 02, 2005, 07:21:19 PM »
everyone seen this before buts its fun to share. these springs were on ttf 81 before he did his swap. my stock springs were at a serious negative and made the truck drive like a tank. amazinly the generic lift springs make the truck seem much better. here da pics. also this is my little garage....it gets it done
Im an OG

hudlenutz

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 22
  • Male Posts: 220
  • Member since Apr '05
    • View Profile
    • My Page
« Reply #2 on: Nov 03, 2005, 07:18:52 AM »
Where you at in Wyoming?  Sounds like you might be at WyoTech in Laramie, in which case, :eyebrow:  we should go wheelin.  There are several Toyota guys in town.  We were thinking about going around the back side of the snowies and driving across the Platte, and hitting some other spots on the way back to town this weekend.

hudlenutz

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 22
  • Male Posts: 220
  • Member since Apr '05
    • View Profile
    • My Page
« Reply #3 on: Nov 03, 2005, 07:20:09 AM »
Come to think of it, I recognize your bumper from the Safeway parking lot a few days ago... shoot me a pm some time.

WHITE_TRASH

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 679
  • Member since Feb '03
  • Don't blame me, I didn't vote for this crap.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Nov 03, 2005, 10:18:15 AM »
Lose that FUGLY land rover brushgaurd and at least make a winchmount that puts the winch facing forward.... 
« Last Edit: Nov 03, 2005, 10:22:52 AM by WHITE_TRASH »
Full hydro, 186:1 with an auto and 44's what could go wrong??

Skinny_Pedal [OP]

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Apr '04
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #5 on: Nov 03, 2005, 07:43:09 PM »
actually the winch is coming off. my roomate is putting it on his 79 chevy. i cant wait to cut it off. when the parts truck gets up here were taking off so i can get the stock crap on there. tonight we put some hood pins on so i could ditch the strap. the hood is so badly bent that it would not latch...so the pins were the fix!
Im an OG

86RockRunner

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 19
  • Male Posts: 47
  • Member since Apr '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Nov 26, 2005, 04:48:52 PM »
So, wheres that garage at? That must be a fully equipped trailor. :thumbs: